meridiani.planum
07-18 11:39 PM
Hi,
My wife's 485 is rejected with the following reason "The application/petition was filed on the outdated version of this form". The rejection notice has a receive date of July 1st 2010 and a LIN number. Now the problem-
My 485 was approved on July 8th, 2010 and I received a "Welcome to USA" notice on July 12th. My H1 has expired on July 14th, 2010 along with wife's H4 and our I-94's. We applied for both the H extensions in may. Now if we resubmit the 485 with the new application will the USCIS honor the July 1st receive date?
My main concern is on her status, any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
yes you can still file her 485 since you were married before your approval. upto 6 months of out of status is anyway acceptable for 485 filing, so dont worry about the 5 days.
However get hold of a real good lawyer (Murthy/Rajiv Khanna etc) to file this case now so there is no screw-up again.
My wife's 485 is rejected with the following reason "The application/petition was filed on the outdated version of this form". The rejection notice has a receive date of July 1st 2010 and a LIN number. Now the problem-
My 485 was approved on July 8th, 2010 and I received a "Welcome to USA" notice on July 12th. My H1 has expired on July 14th, 2010 along with wife's H4 and our I-94's. We applied for both the H extensions in may. Now if we resubmit the 485 with the new application will the USCIS honor the July 1st receive date?
My main concern is on her status, any input will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
yes you can still file her 485 since you were married before your approval. upto 6 months of out of status is anyway acceptable for 485 filing, so dont worry about the 5 days.
However get hold of a real good lawyer (Murthy/Rajiv Khanna etc) to file this case now so there is no screw-up again.
san andreas fault. the San Andreas Fault map:

jasonmc86
07-27 08:01 AM
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/csharplanguage/thread/39cbc46a-2ad5-4300-8f08-4ca1469d6f76/
Found my answer:
DialogAddTo.RestoreDirectory = true;
added that line before .showDialog() and it fixed the problem...
Found my answer:
DialogAddTo.RestoreDirectory = true;
added that line before .showDialog() and it fixed the problem...
san andreas fault. San andreas fault
ilikekilo
07-02 08:48 AM
Hi,
I just got married not long ago.
I'm planning to apply I-485 this july.
My question:
Should she change her name prior to applying I-485 or she can do it after we applying I-485.
How easy it�ll be to change last name while I-140 and I-485 pending?
Anyone in the same boat?
Thanks in advance.
maccaid
i would not hcange until ur done with ur gc....its a pain...wait if u can wait
I just got married not long ago.
I'm planning to apply I-485 this july.
My question:
Should she change her name prior to applying I-485 or she can do it after we applying I-485.
How easy it�ll be to change last name while I-140 and I-485 pending?
Anyone in the same boat?
Thanks in advance.
maccaid
i would not hcange until ur done with ur gc....its a pain...wait if u can wait
san andreas fault. The San Andreas Fault In The
karthiknv143
06-25 01:37 PM
Regarding affidavits, scanned copy is good enough.
Regarding passport, it might be an issue. My company & my friend's company asked to renew the passport if it is less than 6 months of expiry time.
You still have time to renew. Just a matter of 2days work if you go directly to the Indian consulate.....
Regarding passport, it might be an issue. My company & my friend's company asked to renew the passport if it is less than 6 months of expiry time.
You still have time to renew. Just a matter of 2days work if you go directly to the Indian consulate.....
more...
san andreas fault. SAFOD—The San Andreas Fault
ravi98
11-05 12:07 PM
So lets take up peice meal offer - will he sponsor/co-sponor a bill for us?
Our OH members - need to get active in meeting with his office. It would be good to know the position of Speaker Boehner on our issues.
Our OH members - need to get active in meeting with his office. It would be good to know the position of Speaker Boehner on our issues.
san andreas fault. The San Andreas Fault
yui0110
08-22 02:13 PM
Hi,
Going to canada for H1B extension visa stamping for first time. I am asking my friend in canada to get Scotia Bank Receipt. The US Consulate site say that scotia bank accepts US$ Cash/Money order/Certified check. How my friend will get 150 US$ in canada? Does he needs to pay in equivalant Candian Dollors and scotia bank will convert to US$ or I need to send 150$ from here?
Thanks.
Going to canada for H1B extension visa stamping for first time. I am asking my friend in canada to get Scotia Bank Receipt. The US Consulate site say that scotia bank accepts US$ Cash/Money order/Certified check. How my friend will get 150 US$ in canada? Does he needs to pay in equivalant Candian Dollors and scotia bank will convert to US$ or I need to send 150$ from here?
Thanks.
more...
san andreas fault. The San Andreas Fault
GCKaMaara
12-03 02:19 PM
Good news obviously but I would not jump on it. 2 reasons - we need to make sure they don't keep this practice & second, I don't trust the source of information 100% based on past information.
I support ItIsNotFunny, PD_Recapturing, NK2006..... for their efforts on AC21 issue.
This in from Ron Gotcher website....I guess they are reading our letters.....
Good news concerning AOS denials based on I-140 revocations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
I support ItIsNotFunny, PD_Recapturing, NK2006..... for their efforts on AC21 issue.
This in from Ron Gotcher website....I guess they are reading our letters.....
Good news concerning AOS denials based on I-140 revocations
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________
san andreas fault. on the San Andreas fault
simple1
10-02 07:59 PM
stay out. Only insane will do that.
It is illegal
- to bear any expenses while processing h1b/gc.
- to accept job that is not there.
Today is oct2nd. Dont forget gandhi. be a man and have righteousness in heart.
So am still little confused... Should I go this route... The reason is the company who is willing to do my GC is doing also in good faith. But with the economy the way it shapes up... they are not sure, but as a good faith they did agree to start my GC process. Well I will be bearing the lawyer expenses...they would manage the mandatory fees. So they have very little to loose.
What do you guys suggest! I have heard many people who work with company A and GC is done by Company B ... ( Correct me if I am wrong here)
Appreciated
It is illegal
- to bear any expenses while processing h1b/gc.
- to accept job that is not there.
Today is oct2nd. Dont forget gandhi. be a man and have righteousness in heart.
So am still little confused... Should I go this route... The reason is the company who is willing to do my GC is doing also in good faith. But with the economy the way it shapes up... they are not sure, but as a good faith they did agree to start my GC process. Well I will be bearing the lawyer expenses...they would manage the mandatory fees. So they have very little to loose.
What do you guys suggest! I have heard many people who work with company A and GC is done by Company B ... ( Correct me if I am wrong here)
Appreciated
more...
san andreas fault. The San Andreas fault
arnet
11-22 04:55 PM
better check with your immigration attroney for your situation.
It is better to have all visa related documents including I-797, LCA, I-129, passport, w-2, pay stubs, current company employment letter, appointment letter, resume, bank financial statements, work experience letters, etc. call the consulate and verify the reqd docs before you go.
regd AP, if your previous visa stamping is expired in passport then it is better to have AP when you go outside country for visa stamping. just incase if any problems with your paper and if they didnt stamp, atleast you can use AP to enter US. If previous visa is not expired you can come back to US using that at port of entry and you can go back and get stamping later. better check with your immigration attroney for your situation.
If you use AP, you should use EAD to work. You cannot use H1 unless if you get H1 stamped in your passport OR if you have already stamped, you need to re-enter US using H1 at port of entry (but either case, you need to go outside US and enter).
also staying in H1 is better compared to working in EAD (if AP used at port of entry) because if I-485 is denied in future, you will be considered as "out of status" when you are in EAD and you can't file for another I-485 because you are out of status (unless if you come under certain USCIS relaxations you can file again). But in H1 even if I-485 is denied, atleast you can file another I-485 because you are in status.
some say if your GC is approved when you are out of country, then you need to use AP ONLY to enter US as they say H1 wont be valid if GC is approved but I'm not sure abt this.
good luck.
Hi
I am working in University in US and my I-140 (EB-2 Sch-A) is approved and my I-485 is pending. I have H-1B approved from March-06 but yet not stamped.
I am planing to Go to India some time next summer.
But before that I am planing to go to MEXICO ( MATAMOROS) for H-1B and
H-4 stamping for my family.
Do I need to carry any extra documents apart from those needed for H-1 B stamping?
DO I need to Get Advance parole before going to mexico for H-1B stamping?
Does the my going out of country with pending I-485 without taking AP will affect pending application of I-485?
Your experienced advise will help me a lot.
It is better to have all visa related documents including I-797, LCA, I-129, passport, w-2, pay stubs, current company employment letter, appointment letter, resume, bank financial statements, work experience letters, etc. call the consulate and verify the reqd docs before you go.
regd AP, if your previous visa stamping is expired in passport then it is better to have AP when you go outside country for visa stamping. just incase if any problems with your paper and if they didnt stamp, atleast you can use AP to enter US. If previous visa is not expired you can come back to US using that at port of entry and you can go back and get stamping later. better check with your immigration attroney for your situation.
If you use AP, you should use EAD to work. You cannot use H1 unless if you get H1 stamped in your passport OR if you have already stamped, you need to re-enter US using H1 at port of entry (but either case, you need to go outside US and enter).
also staying in H1 is better compared to working in EAD (if AP used at port of entry) because if I-485 is denied in future, you will be considered as "out of status" when you are in EAD and you can't file for another I-485 because you are out of status (unless if you come under certain USCIS relaxations you can file again). But in H1 even if I-485 is denied, atleast you can file another I-485 because you are in status.
some say if your GC is approved when you are out of country, then you need to use AP ONLY to enter US as they say H1 wont be valid if GC is approved but I'm not sure abt this.
good luck.
Hi
I am working in University in US and my I-140 (EB-2 Sch-A) is approved and my I-485 is pending. I have H-1B approved from March-06 but yet not stamped.
I am planing to Go to India some time next summer.
But before that I am planing to go to MEXICO ( MATAMOROS) for H-1B and
H-4 stamping for my family.
Do I need to carry any extra documents apart from those needed for H-1 B stamping?
DO I need to Get Advance parole before going to mexico for H-1B stamping?
Does the my going out of country with pending I-485 without taking AP will affect pending application of I-485?
Your experienced advise will help me a lot.
san andreas fault. San Andreas Fault
ravi_hyd
10-26 06:41 PM
I filed mine on July 27th. Still no EAD for me or my wife. :(
Where did you sent your application?
Where did you sent your application?
more...
san andreas fault. The San Andreas fault#39;s nick
Asian
05-31 10:48 AM
Yes, you're right, Berkeleybee, that no restriction on AC-21 job portability contradicts labor certification stage. But isn't it also true we can change our job to whatever we want once we get GC? Due to the false system, if we lost years waiting in line, why can't they change the rule to make up for it? I think it is a legitimate and justifiable demand.
san andreas fault. San Andreas Fault USGS
sganny
11-05 09:06 PM
this was known all along (maybe not in as much detail as shown by your post) and people still decided to vote the republicans. I am not surprised though because these were the same people who voted Bush for the 2nd term and the reason for voting Bush was that they thought he was the better guy to go out and have beer with!
more...
san andreas fault. San Andreas Fault, California
saketkapur
04-17 10:36 AM
take infopass and try to take extension on I-94 if possible or an official USCIS letter stating the circumstances
also maybe flying west would be better over the pacific instead of atlantic....
also maybe flying west would be better over the pacific instead of atlantic....
san andreas fault. of the San Andreas fault
learning01
03-23 04:22 PM
With a fast and swift response, one of the moderators from IV provided me with a general format.
I modified it and have posted here below. I had already sent to Nedra Pickler (npickler@ap.org) and Elliot Spagat(espagat@ap.org
). I have all the emails of media contacts and in the process of tabulating them alphabetically, so that viewers in a hurry can see them easily, before posting here. Comeback and check again.
Network Program Anchor Email:
MSNBC
Coast to Coast Connected@MSNBC.com
Abrams Report abramsreport@msnbc.com
Hardball Chris Mathews chris.matthews@msnbc.com
Hardball Chris Mathews hardball@msnbc.com
Countdown Keith Olbermann countdown@msnbc.com
Countdown Keith Olbermann KOlbermann@msnbc.com
Scarborough Country Joe Scarborough joe@msnbc.com
The Situation Tucker Carlson tucker.carlson@msnbc.com
News David Shuster dshuster@msnbc.com
News Brian Williams brian.williams@msnbc.com
MSNBC Investigates msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com
MSNBC Reports msnbcreports@msnbc.com
Meet the Press mtp@nbc.com
Viewer Services viewerservices@msnbc.com
Feedback feedback@msnbc.com
Imus in the Morning Don Imus imus@msnbc.com
I modified it and have posted here below. I had already sent to Nedra Pickler (npickler@ap.org) and Elliot Spagat(espagat@ap.org
). I have all the emails of media contacts and in the process of tabulating them alphabetically, so that viewers in a hurry can see them easily, before posting here. Comeback and check again.
Network Program Anchor Email:
MSNBC
Coast to Coast Connected@MSNBC.com
Abrams Report abramsreport@msnbc.com
Hardball Chris Mathews chris.matthews@msnbc.com
Hardball Chris Mathews hardball@msnbc.com
Countdown Keith Olbermann countdown@msnbc.com
Countdown Keith Olbermann KOlbermann@msnbc.com
Scarborough Country Joe Scarborough joe@msnbc.com
The Situation Tucker Carlson tucker.carlson@msnbc.com
News David Shuster dshuster@msnbc.com
News Brian Williams brian.williams@msnbc.com
MSNBC Investigates msnbcinvestigates@msnbc.com
MSNBC Reports msnbcreports@msnbc.com
Meet the Press mtp@nbc.com
Viewer Services viewerservices@msnbc.com
Feedback feedback@msnbc.com
Imus in the Morning Don Imus imus@msnbc.com
more...
san andreas fault. San Andreas Fault from Shuttle
whitecollarslave
02-10 02:04 PM
You are missing the point. Let me start by saying that I AM ON EAD. I do not work for the financial sector. I am NOT affected by the H-1B ban.
The problem is not H-1B ban in itself, but the growing rhetoric that puts legal EB community right along the side with border jumpers. I see the same sense of resentment towards EB immigrants that people have towards illegal immigrants. This is deeply troubling.
There is not a single lawmaker who is questioning the antics used by the anti-EB advocates. The Senate passed the Grassley amendment with voice vote, without any debate or comments. Nobody even asked for a count. In a sense, silence is acceptance (by everybody) of the allegations made by anti-EB advocates. This shows the direction in which the EB reform is headed (or not headed). If the current trend continues, CIR will come and go without any measures for EB immigration. All of us will be left hanging with our EADs forever.
The H-1B ban is just the tip of the iceberg. When you say its not affecting people with EAD, I feel like you are watching the ocean recede signaling the oncoming tsunami and you are saying that oh, the water is going away, I am sitting on the beach, no problems here.
The Congress will pass the provisions that they think is in the best interest of the country. We can't and won't fight that. If abolishing H-1B or EB entirely is part of that, so be it. But let it not be under false pretenses that people like you and me are cheap and somehow stealing jobs. Lets do our part to ensure that they make an informed decision. Calling us cheap laborers is a slap on our face. The least we can do is stand up for ourselves.
Time is short. We can't expect people to travel from far. We don't need thousands of people. Even 10 people can make such a protest meaningful if we do it effectively and time it right. I welcome any and all suggestions from others - including criticism, which will only make our efforts more effective.
The problem is not H-1B ban in itself, but the growing rhetoric that puts legal EB community right along the side with border jumpers. I see the same sense of resentment towards EB immigrants that people have towards illegal immigrants. This is deeply troubling.
There is not a single lawmaker who is questioning the antics used by the anti-EB advocates. The Senate passed the Grassley amendment with voice vote, without any debate or comments. Nobody even asked for a count. In a sense, silence is acceptance (by everybody) of the allegations made by anti-EB advocates. This shows the direction in which the EB reform is headed (or not headed). If the current trend continues, CIR will come and go without any measures for EB immigration. All of us will be left hanging with our EADs forever.
The H-1B ban is just the tip of the iceberg. When you say its not affecting people with EAD, I feel like you are watching the ocean recede signaling the oncoming tsunami and you are saying that oh, the water is going away, I am sitting on the beach, no problems here.
The Congress will pass the provisions that they think is in the best interest of the country. We can't and won't fight that. If abolishing H-1B or EB entirely is part of that, so be it. But let it not be under false pretenses that people like you and me are cheap and somehow stealing jobs. Lets do our part to ensure that they make an informed decision. Calling us cheap laborers is a slap on our face. The least we can do is stand up for ourselves.
Time is short. We can't expect people to travel from far. We don't need thousands of people. Even 10 people can make such a protest meaningful if we do it effectively and time it right. I welcome any and all suggestions from others - including criticism, which will only make our efforts more effective.
san andreas fault. san andreas fault. san andreas

reddymjm
08-10 09:53 AM
As I mentioned in my post, I have applied for H1 in India in April,2007and got approval in August,2007.
My Approved H1 B petition does not have change of status i.e 1-94.
I came to USA on L1 in Feb,2008 and working till date. and my I-94 is valid till Feb,2011.
As I want to shift to H1 B,I think I need to go out of country i.e Canada from USA for H1 B stamping.
My question is:
If for some reason, I have not issued H1 visa at Canada consulate,
Is my L1 is still valid and Can I comeback to USA on my L1 visa and I-94? and Can I continue working on my L1 in USA?
Please suggest me the better approach.
My objective is to switch to H1 using my old approved petiiton and not want to go back to India for H1 stamping.
Regards
As you entered US on L1 after your H1B approval from India, You need to get that H1B stamped to work on H1B.
Looks like it is a one year old H1B. You should have a valid and strong answer when the officer asks you why you did not use that then or why do you want that one stamped now.
Best way is you can ask your H1B holder to apply for another H1B COS as the visa number is already counted against the cap. Hope fully you are not outstide the US for more than 1 year after approval.
If you go to candian consulate and your H1B gets rejected, it is a tough route. As soon as you go to the consulate they will cancel all the existing visas. You can enter the country with an attorney withing 30 days and your company A should be able to do an L1 again or you are out of status.
I strongly recommend you to go to your home country for the visa stamping until unless you have a US masters degree.
Need more PM me.
Good luck.
My Approved H1 B petition does not have change of status i.e 1-94.
I came to USA on L1 in Feb,2008 and working till date. and my I-94 is valid till Feb,2011.
As I want to shift to H1 B,I think I need to go out of country i.e Canada from USA for H1 B stamping.
My question is:
If for some reason, I have not issued H1 visa at Canada consulate,
Is my L1 is still valid and Can I comeback to USA on my L1 visa and I-94? and Can I continue working on my L1 in USA?
Please suggest me the better approach.
My objective is to switch to H1 using my old approved petiiton and not want to go back to India for H1 stamping.
Regards
As you entered US on L1 after your H1B approval from India, You need to get that H1B stamped to work on H1B.
Looks like it is a one year old H1B. You should have a valid and strong answer when the officer asks you why you did not use that then or why do you want that one stamped now.
Best way is you can ask your H1B holder to apply for another H1B COS as the visa number is already counted against the cap. Hope fully you are not outstide the US for more than 1 year after approval.
If you go to candian consulate and your H1B gets rejected, it is a tough route. As soon as you go to the consulate they will cancel all the existing visas. You can enter the country with an attorney withing 30 days and your company A should be able to do an L1 again or you are out of status.
I strongly recommend you to go to your home country for the visa stamping until unless you have a US masters degree.
Need more PM me.
Good luck.
more...
san andreas fault. of the San Andreas fault.
gc_relief
04-27 03:09 PM
Guys..I'm sorry ..I'm mixing up things,,Here are the accurate details..
Labour Priority date is Nov'20 2007
My I-140 receipt date is Feb'20 2008..
My I-140 Approve date is Sep'24 2008
My 6 years H-1 will be completed by Jan'2010..but still my H-1 was denied..
Labour Priority date is Nov'20 2007
My I-140 receipt date is Feb'20 2008..
My I-140 Approve date is Sep'24 2008
My 6 years H-1 will be completed by Jan'2010..but still my H-1 was denied..
san andreas fault. to the San Andreas Fault.
smuggymba
10-05 10:50 AM
It would be interesting to know the "process" used to legalize the illegals. If getting a GC when you're illegal is easy, I'd tear my H1 and stand in the USCIS illegal line.
san andreas fault. View of the San Andreas Fault
solaris27
10-01 09:11 AM
yes and yes
americandesi
10-18 05:51 PM
What’s the logic behind USCIS receiving 500,000 Naturalization Applications in July and August 2007? How do the VISA numbers being current relate to Naturalization?!?!?!?!
immigration
03-12 09:22 AM
MN. You can call and tell them that you are using ITIN and will update with SSN when you have one.


No comments:
Post a Comment