anilsal
08-05 03:24 PM
Probably that is what will happen. The last 45 days have been extremely stressful on the applicants and lawyers. I hope USCIS ignores some simple mistakes.
adibhatla
02-15 06:24 PM
Prince - If you ask me it doesn't matter coz ur back to the processing of your I-485. I heard some cases usually take longer to update.
Can you pls furnish specific details such as:
Denial notice Date:
When did you/your lawyer apply the MTR:
Other update dates such as (Soft LUD's, Hard LUD's):
MTR Approval Date:
Sorry for asking more specific details. My I-485 got denied too but for missing G-325A forms on both my wife's and my case.
Can you pls furnish specific details such as:
Denial notice Date:
When did you/your lawyer apply the MTR:
Other update dates such as (Soft LUD's, Hard LUD's):
MTR Approval Date:
Sorry for asking more specific details. My I-485 got denied too but for missing G-325A forms on both my wife's and my case.
sri1309
01-10 03:17 PM
We need more attention. Economy and all., they are going to be there, but I am sure US doesnt want to loose by delaying it. These are our years where we can contribute. They dont want to send some of us back and invite us at 55-60 years as dependents on our citizen children.
Lets please not wait till the bad thing happens.. Lets imagine to be in, and act to prevent it..
BTW, when is the next bulletin coming out :).
Yes, you're fired next week,... for some reason not in anyone's control.
Lets please not wait till the bad thing happens.. Lets imagine to be in, and act to prevent it..
BTW, when is the next bulletin coming out :).
Yes, you're fired next week,... for some reason not in anyone's control.
number30
04-04 02:08 PM
Thanks for your responses. The hospital staff told us it would take 60-90 days to get the SSN. I am stuck until that arrives because only then can I apply for the passport. Any way to get around it?
Call SS office they may give SS on phone or just go and ask them they will give you the number based on which you can apply for passport.
If you apply PIO in person and pick it up in person It will take around week.
Call SS office they may give SS on phone or just go and ask them they will give you the number based on which you can apply for passport.
If you apply PIO in person and pick it up in person It will take around week.
more...
CADude
02-08 12:36 AM
Mean Nothing if you PD is not CURRENT. If your PD is current you will get GC Soon.:D
What I am asking is "what does processing date mean"?
Does it mean that they have started working on my application?
or that the cases on that date have been finalised either by way of approval OR denial ?
What I am asking is "what does processing date mean"?
Does it mean that they have started working on my application?
or that the cases on that date have been finalised either by way of approval OR denial ?
ArkBird
12-08 03:50 PM
I wish! :)
I am pretty sure Obama-Biden's team does not want to see the headlines like "Foreigners" on Obama-Biden's transition team!
Yes. We are foreigners no matter how much tax we pay or how law abiding we are...
We are legal immigrants and most importantly - tax payers, shouldn't that be enough??
I am pretty sure Obama-Biden's team does not want to see the headlines like "Foreigners" on Obama-Biden's transition team!
Yes. We are foreigners no matter how much tax we pay or how law abiding we are...
We are legal immigrants and most importantly - tax payers, shouldn't that be enough??
more...
nareshg
12-15 03:31 PM
I had filed for my 485 during the July 2007 time frame .
PD - July 2006.
I got my FP notice (Code 3) and got the FP notice stamped in FEB 2008
The stamp reads
Biometrics Processing Stamp
ASC Side Code: __________XTE<location>
Biometrics QA Review by ________ (officer's signature)
Tenprints QA Reivew (officer's signature)
Does this mean that I have security clearance ?
Basically, what does the stamping mean ?
Thanks in Advance !!
PD - July 2006.
I got my FP notice (Code 3) and got the FP notice stamped in FEB 2008
The stamp reads
Biometrics Processing Stamp
ASC Side Code: __________XTE<location>
Biometrics QA Review by ________ (officer's signature)
Tenprints QA Reivew (officer's signature)
Does this mean that I have security clearance ?
Basically, what does the stamping mean ?
Thanks in Advance !!
Madan Ahluwalia
02-23 02:55 PM
Two things:
1. You might benefit from 245(k) provisions. Check with your attorney.
2. Do not provide tax returns. it is not required at the time of filing of green card application.
Good luck.
1. You might benefit from 245(k) provisions. Check with your attorney.
2. Do not provide tax returns. it is not required at the time of filing of green card application.
Good luck.
more...
illusions
08-31 11:57 AM
well I wouldn't classify any company as good or bad, i've only gone to one company and have been with them since 05 and have no issues so far. They have provided me with everything that i needed and have so far been very professional.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to write company specific information on the forum, so I'll refrain from that. But if you like any specifics you can drop me a PM. Heres what my company offers:
* NO Contracts / Bond what-so-ever.
* I get to choose my own rates (if i get my own contract that is, and i have so far)
* There is a 60:40 ratio. 60 i keep and 40 they keep. - Before taxes of course.(You might think this is high, but it's worthwhile cos i get no headaches)
* I get PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical coverage for me and my wife.
* Upto $1000 in dental coverage in a year, reimbursed.
* Direct contact with the lawyer and i can pay him directly any immigration related fees, or opt to take a fraction off my paycheck. (Hence i know the actual cost and i know they are not charging any overhead costs)
* Direct deposit guaranteed at the end of the month even though they haven't received the payment as yet.
* I can leave them when ever i want, no questions asked nothing.
* If you are with them and you get your spouse in, they will offer up to 80:20 ratio and same benefits.
CONS:
====
* No training, in any related fields.
* You have to find your own contract (although they have affiliations with head hunters who would help in getting u a contract)
* Haven't ever spoken about on-bench pay... but i figure they will pay min for a month if need be.
At first i thought the ratio was too high and was looking to switch, and at the same time my wife was getting her H1B. A company NJ offered her a ratio of 70:30 and min benefits, plus a 1 year contract of which if breached would cost us 20K.
After she got her H1B and $2,500 in legal fees, they changed their minds, and was willing to pay only a fixed pay of 55K. I waited till she finished her training, and said screw you, gave em the finger.
She's now working with my company, and making 97K with a 80:20 ratio. Almost 20K more than me! lol.:eek:
In a nutshell i would watch out for the following no matter which company you choose.
* Make sure you cover all grounds with them 1st.
* Get everything in writing before anything. (In my case the first time it worked out fine, cos 60:40 was a high ratio but they offered all the benefits and no hassle.)
* Make sure you have access to the lawyer directly.
* Always go for a ratio basis, the more you are billed the more you earn, and it motivates you.
Good Luck.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to write company specific information on the forum, so I'll refrain from that. But if you like any specifics you can drop me a PM. Heres what my company offers:
* NO Contracts / Bond what-so-ever.
* I get to choose my own rates (if i get my own contract that is, and i have so far)
* There is a 60:40 ratio. 60 i keep and 40 they keep. - Before taxes of course.(You might think this is high, but it's worthwhile cos i get no headaches)
* I get PPO Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical coverage for me and my wife.
* Upto $1000 in dental coverage in a year, reimbursed.
* Direct contact with the lawyer and i can pay him directly any immigration related fees, or opt to take a fraction off my paycheck. (Hence i know the actual cost and i know they are not charging any overhead costs)
* Direct deposit guaranteed at the end of the month even though they haven't received the payment as yet.
* I can leave them when ever i want, no questions asked nothing.
* If you are with them and you get your spouse in, they will offer up to 80:20 ratio and same benefits.
CONS:
====
* No training, in any related fields.
* You have to find your own contract (although they have affiliations with head hunters who would help in getting u a contract)
* Haven't ever spoken about on-bench pay... but i figure they will pay min for a month if need be.
At first i thought the ratio was too high and was looking to switch, and at the same time my wife was getting her H1B. A company NJ offered her a ratio of 70:30 and min benefits, plus a 1 year contract of which if breached would cost us 20K.
After she got her H1B and $2,500 in legal fees, they changed their minds, and was willing to pay only a fixed pay of 55K. I waited till she finished her training, and said screw you, gave em the finger.
She's now working with my company, and making 97K with a 80:20 ratio. Almost 20K more than me! lol.:eek:
In a nutshell i would watch out for the following no matter which company you choose.
* Make sure you cover all grounds with them 1st.
* Get everything in writing before anything. (In my case the first time it worked out fine, cos 60:40 was a high ratio but they offered all the benefits and no hassle.)
* Make sure you have access to the lawyer directly.
* Always go for a ratio basis, the more you are billed the more you earn, and it motivates you.
Good Luck.
bfadlia
03-17 01:00 PM
We had to go through the same situation. If you have registered for online notifications then you will get an email about the RFE. The actual letter reaches the lawyer around 7 days after the RFE was generated. So you have enough time to complete the medical tests once you get the RFE email and then submit the response immediately when you get the letter.
The only thing is that USCIS sends back the original medical form along with the letter and asks the doctor to update that form.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much. This is very helpful.
Thanks to the other members who replied too..
could you please tell me where do I sign up for those online notifications?
The only thing is that USCIS sends back the original medical form along with the letter and asks the doctor to update that form.
Hope this helps.
Thank you so much. This is very helpful.
Thanks to the other members who replied too..
could you please tell me where do I sign up for those online notifications?
more...
bkam
03-17 11:53 AM
I am not sure how successful the effort of IV would be. I am not sure if all the work done by the core memberts and volunteers will help us to get quick of the mud we are in. I have a "plan B" and do not rely much on this mirage called Green Card. If it comes in a reasonable time - OK, if not - then I am gone. World is a wide interesting place and if one is a hard worker and a honest person, there is always opportunities.
But I contributed, I supported the IV effort and I am sure that I have done the right thing. Today is St. Patrick's day and that reminded me a saying of an old Irish friend: - "We better die standing instead on our knees". In our case it means that even if we do not achieve anything with this money and loose it, at least we prove that we are not just silly turkeys :p
Keep fighting for the right cause !
But I contributed, I supported the IV effort and I am sure that I have done the right thing. Today is St. Patrick's day and that reminded me a saying of an old Irish friend: - "We better die standing instead on our knees". In our case it means that even if we do not achieve anything with this money and loose it, at least we prove that we are not just silly turkeys :p
Keep fighting for the right cause !
rockstart
10-23 01:59 PM
No point worrying over past. Go ahed and file a AR11 ASAP to make sure from now on USCIS has your updated address. In case in future this becomes an issue then contact a lawyer and try to resolve it.
But moving forward all non immigrants as well as GC holders should make sure they do not miss this important obligation to inform USCIS within 10 days of move. It is easy process and saves lots of trouble later on.
But moving forward all non immigrants as well as GC holders should make sure they do not miss this important obligation to inform USCIS within 10 days of move. It is easy process and saves lots of trouble later on.
more...
samcam
05-18 04:35 PM
Currently 99 guests.. if you are a guest, please register...

langagadu
10-04 04:10 PM
Finally Green?????
Did you check the email properly????
You are probably getting exited for the 'Reputation' green in this forum after so many REDS?? ;););)
Did you check the email properly????
You are probably getting exited for the 'Reputation' green in this forum after so many REDS?? ;););)
more...
tdasara
03-08 09:14 PM
The OVERFLOW from EB1 and EB2 is directly going to EB3!
vivache
08-24 07:58 PM
Has anyone been to the Mumbai consulate for stamping
Can you let me know the process?
Also website where I can get more info?
Is this a drop docs at embassy .. and they mail it to you kind of thing?
Thanks
V
Can you let me know the process?
Also website where I can get more info?
Is this a drop docs at embassy .. and they mail it to you kind of thing?
Thanks
V
more...
ganguteli
02-03 01:54 PM
Dont stay here .. People like you causing problem for people who work hard. If you cannot find job.. why the hell you stay here. You should pack bag.. If you are rich enough to spend money while not working in USA come on B1 visa and stay for 180 days in 5 star hotel.
Go back...
Dude 'Fairlyangel' may be 'Tunnel rat' now posing as an angel . He is trying real hard to show H1Bs as fraud but he himself is faking his identity on IV and doing fraud.
Common, post your real name and real resume if you have any guts. Stop being annonymous if you really want to change the system.
:D:D:D:D
Go back...
Dude 'Fairlyangel' may be 'Tunnel rat' now posing as an angel . He is trying real hard to show H1Bs as fraud but he himself is faking his identity on IV and doing fraud.
Common, post your real name and real resume if you have any guts. Stop being annonymous if you really want to change the system.
:D:D:D:D
miguy
07-19 09:38 AM
Does anyone know if it is easier to get medical residency on EAD as opposed to H1/J1 or are you considered in the same boat as H1/J1 applicants?
thanks
thanks
ajava
11-29 07:58 PM
Hey guys,
My MTR was approved almost 3 months ago and my attorney received the MTR approval notice.
The decision was that both mine and my wife's I-485's are reopened.
But its been almost 3 months and online status on USCIS website has not changed yet......
Does anyone noticed the same situtation with their MTR approval and no online status change?
- Prince
Hi Prince,
Would you please tell me if your status is updated yet? If yes, How long did it take from MTR approval to updated status?
I have an approved MTR but it says that they are going to review my I-140. I have no idea how long will it take. Is there any possibility that the deny I-140 after Approval of MTR(I290B)?
Thanks,
My MTR was approved almost 3 months ago and my attorney received the MTR approval notice.
The decision was that both mine and my wife's I-485's are reopened.
But its been almost 3 months and online status on USCIS website has not changed yet......
Does anyone noticed the same situtation with their MTR approval and no online status change?
- Prince
Hi Prince,
Would you please tell me if your status is updated yet? If yes, How long did it take from MTR approval to updated status?
I have an approved MTR but it says that they are going to review my I-140. I have no idea how long will it take. Is there any possibility that the deny I-140 after Approval of MTR(I290B)?
Thanks,
lazycis
02-28 08:31 AM
You should be fine. Not only you filed your extension on time (so the approval should apply retroactively, more likely that's the USCIS mistake), but two law provisions protect you:
1) 8 C.F.R. section 274A.12(b)(20) - An H1B holder whose employer has filed a new H1B petition to extend the stay (through the current employer - NOT a job change) can work for up to 240 days based upon the pending H1B petition;
2) 8 U.S.C. 1255(k) allows you to adjust status even if you worked without authorization for not more than 180 days.
Oh, yes, I've had a similar RFE for my dependants to show continuous H4 status so it's not unusual.
1) 8 C.F.R. section 274A.12(b)(20) - An H1B holder whose employer has filed a new H1B petition to extend the stay (through the current employer - NOT a job change) can work for up to 240 days based upon the pending H1B petition;
2) 8 U.S.C. 1255(k) allows you to adjust status even if you worked without authorization for not more than 180 days.
Oh, yes, I've had a similar RFE for my dependants to show continuous H4 status so it's not unusual.
dc2007
08-08 03:56 PM
I talked to my lawyer and he suggests me to show address as per my tax return.. So I did that.
He said it doesn't matter even if you have license of different state and showing residence of different state.
In my case, addresses are totally messed up. I just put the addresses as per my tax return. And in my case I got H1 in Nov 2006 only (less than year), so there is a good chance of back-ground check.. Lets see
Good Luck to everybody
damn! i have the same issue. will u pls post the answer when u have it.
my laywer doesn't know what to put and my employer is not cooperating!
He said it doesn't matter even if you have license of different state and showing residence of different state.
In my case, addresses are totally messed up. I just put the addresses as per my tax return. And in my case I got H1 in Nov 2006 only (less than year), so there is a good chance of back-ground check.. Lets see
Good Luck to everybody
damn! i have the same issue. will u pls post the answer when u have it.
my laywer doesn't know what to put and my employer is not cooperating!


No comments:
Post a Comment