sapota
10-18 06:03 PM
Thats not true.. A few days back I read on IV forum itself that around 10K were wasted this year too.
Was it reported from AILA or ombudsman or someone making prediction? A few days ago, USCIS issued a report saying that they approved 60k GCs due to the July fiasco. That should cover all available visa numbers for FY 2007.
From Oh law breaking news :
10/17/2007: Total of 60,000+ EB-485 Applications Adjudicated During July-August-September by NSC and TSC
* AILA has reported that during the period of July, August, and September 2007, Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center adjudicated 60,000 plus EB-485 applications. Since EB visa number was unavailable for the entire EB cases in August, presumedly a substantial portion of these cases could include those cases for which the EB visa numbers were pull out before July 2, 2007 in June and adjudicated throughout the period as reported by some I-485 applicants who reported that their I-485 applications were approved when the visa number was unavailable. Interesting.
Was it reported from AILA or ombudsman or someone making prediction? A few days ago, USCIS issued a report saying that they approved 60k GCs due to the July fiasco. That should cover all available visa numbers for FY 2007.
From Oh law breaking news :
10/17/2007: Total of 60,000+ EB-485 Applications Adjudicated During July-August-September by NSC and TSC
* AILA has reported that during the period of July, August, and September 2007, Nebraska Service Center and Texas Service Center adjudicated 60,000 plus EB-485 applications. Since EB visa number was unavailable for the entire EB cases in August, presumedly a substantial portion of these cases could include those cases for which the EB visa numbers were pull out before July 2, 2007 in June and adjudicated throughout the period as reported by some I-485 applicants who reported that their I-485 applications were approved when the visa number was unavailable. Interesting.
coolstonesa
03-10 05:24 PM
H1B is a work permit and as a dentist she can't work without a license. So H1B can't be filed without a license as she fails to meet minimum requirements to work.

immm
07-13 01:35 PM
I think it is in the best interest of ImmigrationVoice and its members that offensive and derogatory messages be deleted/banned as they serve to harm the group as a whole.
However, the statement quoted below, if used out of context, will serve to be just as detrimental to ImmigrationVoice and its members because Free speech is the hallmark of this great country.
I would recommend that this statement be rephrased to say that while ImmigrationVoice champions the free speech, it is in the best interest of its members that the offensive posts be censored :
Immigration Voice neither promises nor practices "Free speech" and "First amendment rights"
However, the statement quoted below, if used out of context, will serve to be just as detrimental to ImmigrationVoice and its members because Free speech is the hallmark of this great country.
I would recommend that this statement be rephrased to say that while ImmigrationVoice champions the free speech, it is in the best interest of its members that the offensive posts be censored :
Immigration Voice neither promises nor practices "Free speech" and "First amendment rights"
GC_SUCK
10-10 01:53 PM
I got my GC on 09/18/07. Now my consulting company (how sponsored my GC) is having issues with the client and client is thinking to terminate the contract.
Client want to bring me to there pay roll. In other words they are offering my permanent position.
My consulting company does not have immediate opening for me.
It is not even a month that I got my GC. And I am with the same consulting company for about 6.5 years now.
Please help me. What should I do? If I accept the offer will I get problem at citizenship stage? If I do not accept offer I will loose job and I don't know how much time I have to wait till my consulting company find job for me.
Client want to bring me to there pay roll. In other words they are offering my permanent position.
My consulting company does not have immediate opening for me.
It is not even a month that I got my GC. And I am with the same consulting company for about 6.5 years now.
Please help me. What should I do? If I accept the offer will I get problem at citizenship stage? If I do not accept offer I will loose job and I don't know how much time I have to wait till my consulting company find job for me.
more...

Winner
06-18 03:39 PM
Hi,
I came to US in 2004, my H1 visa was sponsored by cognizant technology solutions. H1 was valid from Nov 04 to Dec 06. later on my I 94 was extended from Dec 06 to July 09 .
I changed company and joined wipro in Aug 08 and now my I 94 is now valid till July 2010.
I have never gone back to India for a visit ever since I landed in US (2004)..I now want to go to India for few months and have read that i'll have to get my visa stamped before reentering US...
My question is if i'll have any problems with visa stamping because I was originally working with cognizant and am now working with wipro?..Am I out of status since my original visa expired in 2006 ?...pls help
Cognizant to Wipro? Out of the frying pan, into a fire? :)
I came to US in 2004, my H1 visa was sponsored by cognizant technology solutions. H1 was valid from Nov 04 to Dec 06. later on my I 94 was extended from Dec 06 to July 09 .
I changed company and joined wipro in Aug 08 and now my I 94 is now valid till July 2010.
I have never gone back to India for a visit ever since I landed in US (2004)..I now want to go to India for few months and have read that i'll have to get my visa stamped before reentering US...
My question is if i'll have any problems with visa stamping because I was originally working with cognizant and am now working with wipro?..Am I out of status since my original visa expired in 2006 ?...pls help
Cognizant to Wipro? Out of the frying pan, into a fire? :)
mikemeyers
11-07 01:57 PM
My H1 is approved on Oct 23, 2006. I was on F1. Before my OPT grace period expired on July 20, 2006, I enrolled in a school with new I-20 on July 5th, 2006. I have been taking one class every month for last three months to maintain full time status. If I stop taking classes now, would it be a some kind of problem when I go for visa stamping?
more...
Saralayar
08-13 11:02 AM
This thread should be deleted. Not related to our cause.
Time Pass thread... Just a break for world news...
Time Pass thread... Just a break for world news...
vik352
10-20 10:34 AM
Thanks for posting this. My I-140 was applied in May 2007 and I have not heard anything. USCIS says it has processed until July 24, 2007. What a bunch of lies.
more...
immigrationmatters30
04-29 09:13 AM
There are 26 pages in this document and half page for legal EB immigrants.
Pros
1.GC for MS in STEM
2.Per country limits removed
Cons
1.No increase in number of EBs
2.Now all counties will be backloged instead of just I and C. ( Misery loves company)
Well, he has one now (or at least some sort of frame work)
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SenateDraftProposal.pdf
Getting the Financial Regulation Bill for debate, and now going ahead with democrats only bill on immigration - hello! Sen. Reid seems to have his groove back!
Pros
1.GC for MS in STEM
2.Per country limits removed
Cons
1.No increase in number of EBs
2.Now all counties will be backloged instead of just I and C. ( Misery loves company)
Well, he has one now (or at least some sort of frame work)
http://immigrationvoice.org/media/SenateDraftProposal.pdf
Getting the Financial Regulation Bill for debate, and now going ahead with democrats only bill on immigration - hello! Sen. Reid seems to have his groove back!
chadoubra
06-21 01:38 PM
i'm going to make an appointment at the local USCIS office and see if they can help. if they can't, i'll apply for the I-539 straight away. thanks!
more...
paskal
07-19 10:34 AM
keeping everything else aside
it is likely to be easier to get a residency on ead- choice will be wider
you have to consider though if it matches "job description"
you may not be the primary applicant though, on derivative ead- it's perfect
people on this forum
please join the iv-physicians group
see link in my signature
it is likely to be easier to get a residency on ead- choice will be wider
you have to consider though if it matches "job description"
you may not be the primary applicant though, on derivative ead- it's perfect
people on this forum
please join the iv-physicians group
see link in my signature
txh1b
09-14 03:43 PM
Get back on H1b ASAP and do not wait for the Appeal decision. Have them file for a CP H1b approval if not EOS and get a visa and return back on H1b. Your EAD is invalid and you need $$$ to fight a case and remain in status.
Good Luck!
Good Luck!
more...
martinvisalaw
04-19 02:37 PM
USCIS also has guidance on its website here (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=cab23e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCR D&vgnextchannel=cab23e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60a RCRD)
**************
Special Update: Relief for Foreign Nationals Stranded due to the Icelandic Volcano Eruption
Foreign nationals stranded in the U.S. because of the airport closures in Europe due to the Icelandic volcano eruption and who are about to exceed their authorized stay in the U.S. have two avenues for relief. If at an airport and traveling under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), they should contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection office at the airport. They may also contact the local U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office. Both Department of Homeland Security agencies have provided their staff and offices with guidance on the applicable legal authorities under the VWP in circumstances such as this.
Persons traveling under a visa should contact the nearest USCIS office and follow the instructions below. While these instructions recommend initiating the process 45 days in advance, USCIS is providing reminder guidance on how to handle such cases until normal flights are scheduled between the U.S. and foreign countries affected by the Icelandic volcanic activity.
Extend My Stay
If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your authorized stay expires. We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.
You may apply to extend your stay if:
* You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa
* Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid
* You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
* You have not violated the conditions of your admission
* Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay
You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:
* Visa Waiver Program
* Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
* In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
* In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
* Fianc� of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fianc� (K nonimmigrant visa)
* Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)
For information on how to apply, see the �How Do I: Guides for Nonimigrants� link to the right.
Last updated: 04/18/2010
**************
Special Update: Relief for Foreign Nationals Stranded due to the Icelandic Volcano Eruption
Foreign nationals stranded in the U.S. because of the airport closures in Europe due to the Icelandic volcano eruption and who are about to exceed their authorized stay in the U.S. have two avenues for relief. If at an airport and traveling under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), they should contact the U.S. Customs and Border Protection office at the airport. They may also contact the local U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office. Both Department of Homeland Security agencies have provided their staff and offices with guidance on the applicable legal authorities under the VWP in circumstances such as this.
Persons traveling under a visa should contact the nearest USCIS office and follow the instructions below. While these instructions recommend initiating the process 45 days in advance, USCIS is providing reminder guidance on how to handle such cases until normal flights are scheduled between the U.S. and foreign countries affected by the Icelandic volcanic activity.
Extend My Stay
If you want to extend your stay in the United States, you must file a request with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the Form I-539, Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status before your authorized stay expires. If you remain in the United States longer than authorized, you may be barred from returning and/or you may be removed (deported) from the United States. Check the date in the lower right-hand corner of your Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, to determine the date your authorized stay expires. We recommend that you apply to extend your stay at least 45 days before your authorized stay expires.
You may apply to extend your stay if:
* You were lawfully admitted into the United States with a nonimmigrant visa
* Your nonimmigrant visa status remains valid
* You have not committed any crimes that make you ineligible for a visa
* You have not violated the conditions of your admission
* Your passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay
You may not apply to extend your stay if you were admitted to the United States in the following categories:
* Visa Waiver Program
* Crew member (D nonimmigrant visa)
* In transit through the United States (C nonimmigrant visa)
* In transit through the United States without a visa (TWOV)
* Fianc� of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fianc� (K nonimmigrant visa)
* Informant (and accompanying family) on terrorism or organized crime (S nonimmigrant visa)
For information on how to apply, see the �How Do I: Guides for Nonimigrants� link to the right.
Last updated: 04/18/2010
bharatmb
07-16 02:05 PM
Recently joined IV. The trigger for me was the July visa bulletin fiasco. I am sure that it caused a spike in activity/interest on IV, so, some good will come out of it, hopefully.
However, we can't just put all the blame on USCIS/July bulletin fiasco, for all our woes. Getting our apps in at USCIS, will grant us some immediate benefits, but, we still might have to wait for a pretty long time, to get a GC. We also need to look at more permanent solutions through legislation, which would actually reduce the GC backlog.
Attended the SJ rally on the 14th, the turnout was good, but, could have been much better. IMO, the impact will be limited (a one min spot on TV is better than none, but, not enough). The pressure has to come from big company CEOs pushing Congress, IV lobbying efforts, etc.
However, we can't just put all the blame on USCIS/July bulletin fiasco, for all our woes. Getting our apps in at USCIS, will grant us some immediate benefits, but, we still might have to wait for a pretty long time, to get a GC. We also need to look at more permanent solutions through legislation, which would actually reduce the GC backlog.
Attended the SJ rally on the 14th, the turnout was good, but, could have been much better. IMO, the impact will be limited (a one min spot on TV is better than none, but, not enough). The pressure has to come from big company CEOs pushing Congress, IV lobbying efforts, etc.
more...

chanduv23
06-08 07:20 AM
I have a NY lisence and it says on top "Temp visitor, expires 05/29/2010" which is the date on my i 94. So around that time I have to go get that extended to whatever temporary date my status gets extended. What a pain.
rbalaji5
11-17 10:46 AM
Hi -
If we go to mexico by road, do they take my i-94 at the U.S border and issue a new i-94 while coming back?.
I knew lot of IV members went to mexica for H1 stamping.. Please advise.
Thanks.
If we go to mexico by road, do they take my i-94 at the U.S border and issue a new i-94 while coming back?.
I knew lot of IV members went to mexica for H1 stamping.. Please advise.
Thanks.
more...
webm
02-28 01:36 PM
Dear friends,
I am not fully clear on this..
Are they going to be seperate FP notices one for 485 and one for 765??
So far I have received only one FP notice..So does this effect EAD renewals??
Any one on the same boat??
Thanks!
I am not fully clear on this..
Are they going to be seperate FP notices one for 485 and one for 765??
So far I have received only one FP notice..So does this effect EAD renewals??
Any one on the same boat??
Thanks!
ImmiLosers
03-11 08:26 PM
I-94 is proof of your valid presence in US. You should not be having it if you are not in US. You will get one once you come back. Do not leave Airport without getting one;)
flex
10-02 02:56 PM
There's a tile based pac man fla on my site - check it out.
harivenkat
05-16 10:28 PM
my one piece of advice is , dont go to lawyer for canada immigration....
the lawyer becomes a biggest bottleneck in communication with cic ...
its best you directly deal with canadian immigration services (cic)....
if you need help you always have these forums to ask questions...
the lawyer becomes a biggest bottleneck in communication with cic ...
its best you directly deal with canadian immigration services (cic)....
if you need help you always have these forums to ask questions...
bpratap
02-03 11:05 PM
Juz curious if there is an option to get a Visitor visa without attesting the interview at consulate.
some Travel agents have told My brother in law that they can arrange for Visitor visa without going to consulate. To my knowledge its not possible. one have to attend an Interview at the consulate and do finger prints to get a visa.
Anybody have any similar experience / information ?
some Travel agents have told My brother in law that they can arrange for Visitor visa without going to consulate. To my knowledge its not possible. one have to attend an Interview at the consulate and do finger prints to get a visa.
Anybody have any similar experience / information ?


No comments:
Post a Comment