sk.aggarwal
05-22 11:26 PM
This is because, you dont need to file two I-129s. Don't worry, USCIS hope fully will give you one year+ 4 days extension... provided you have client letter for such.
BTW, last year, I specifically asked my attorney, if we need to file two h1s - one for recapture and another one for 7th year extension. And she told me only one is enough...
BTW, last year, I specifically asked my attorney, if we need to file two h1s - one for recapture and another one for 7th year extension. And she told me only one is enough...
wallpaper happiness in life, to love
fatjoe
09-05 12:48 PM
I called USCIS, (BTW Divakar: the phone menu options you specified was very useful), the Customer Rep. gave the Rec # for my EAD and AP, and she told me that it would take upto 90 days to get the Receipt Notice. I asked them about I-485, the customer rep. said that the data entry for my I-485 may not have completed, as my I485 info was not on the computer, so she asked me call after 90 days.
ramus
05-30 08:32 PM
While other members helping you can you also help IV and send some web-faxes..
Thanks.
Please help....I am in a little bit precarious situation here...
I am frustrated working for Company A and I have a job offer from Company B..
My question is if
1: my I140 is approved from company A and
2: have H1b extended for 3 years for company A
3: get the H1b transferred over to Company B and then
leave the Company A and join Company B
Now Company A revokes I140
Will by H1B with Company B still valid?
Thanks.
Please help....I am in a little bit precarious situation here...
I am frustrated working for Company A and I have a job offer from Company B..
My question is if
1: my I140 is approved from company A and
2: have H1b extended for 3 years for company A
3: get the H1b transferred over to Company B and then
leave the Company A and join Company B
Now Company A revokes I140
Will by H1B with Company B still valid?
2011 life and happiness quotes.
saimrathi
07-23 03:43 PM
UPS says Delivered at 7.30am on 7/2/07 signed for by Hindera..
Although I dont know what the point of this thread is... as someone said, please keep all tracking to one thread or ..
Although I dont know what the point of this thread is... as someone said, please keep all tracking to one thread or ..
more...
Berkeleybee
03-07 11:30 AM
Dspg,
That post was not about my or IV's "worrying" about the doom and gloom crew - it was to ask them to cut the wailing and get up off their butts and do something.
I sincerely hope you are.
best,
Berkeleybee
That post was not about my or IV's "worrying" about the doom and gloom crew - it was to ask them to cut the wailing and get up off their butts and do something.
I sincerely hope you are.
best,
Berkeleybee
Blog Feeds
12-28 04:50 AM
The Congressional starter pistol on comprehensive immigration reform (CIR) has been fired skyward with the release of a 644-page mish-mash of proposed changes to the Immigration and Nationality Act that will both please and infuriate pro- and anti-immigration combatants in the Capitol and throughout the land. Introduced by Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL), the bill with three names (the ��Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America�s Security and Prosperity Act of 2009,�� the ��Comprehensive Immigration Reform ASAP Act of 2009,��and the ��CIR ASAP Act of 2009��) is the first sortie in the coming Congressional ground war over immigration policy. With the release...
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/angelopaparelli/2009/12/cir-asap-an-immigration-hard-slap-to-business.html)
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/angelopaparelli/2009/12/cir-asap-an-immigration-hard-slap-to-business.html)
more...
ItIsNotFunny
12-19 10:03 AM
Hi All,
Me and my wife are traveling to India. We are going for visa re-stamping (consular processing).
Based on the information provided below, can you provide lists of forms/docs that we're supposed to carry with us when we visit the consulate for stamping?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
- Amit
My visa:
- I entered on H1B. Then I had to change employer so visa was transfered (And they extended it for another 2.5years). So now I have a H1B visa which is valid till June 2009, and passport with expired H1B stamp.
- With the new employer - I've an approved PERM. I140 is pending. I485 is filed. EAD received. Do I need to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of any/all of these stages?
My Wife's visa:
- she entered on H4. Now she has a H1B visa which is valid up 2010, and passport with expired H4 stamp.
Is she required to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of i485.. or my PERM or i140?
please visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/
its am official site for this and has complete list.
More, if you have advance paroles, please keep them with you just in case of emergency.
Me and my wife are traveling to India. We are going for visa re-stamping (consular processing).
Based on the information provided below, can you provide lists of forms/docs that we're supposed to carry with us when we visit the consulate for stamping?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
- Amit
My visa:
- I entered on H1B. Then I had to change employer so visa was transfered (And they extended it for another 2.5years). So now I have a H1B visa which is valid till June 2009, and passport with expired H1B stamp.
- With the new employer - I've an approved PERM. I140 is pending. I485 is filed. EAD received. Do I need to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of any/all of these stages?
My Wife's visa:
- she entered on H4. Now she has a H1B visa which is valid up 2010, and passport with expired H4 stamp.
Is she required to take approval notices and/or receipt notices of i485.. or my PERM or i140?
please visit: https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/
its am official site for this and has complete list.
More, if you have advance paroles, please keep them with you just in case of emergency.
2010 of Quotes, Sex, Love, Life
.jpg)
hpandey
11-16 01:30 PM
DREAM Act should actually be called DREAM ON Act... its been hanging in the air since 2001 . Next year it will complete its decade of political verbal support and all its supporters can be happy that it survived another year.
Any politician supporting immigration bills this year is not going to be in office next time.
Any politician supporting immigration bills this year is not going to be in office next time.
more...
ksvreg
09-01 04:55 PM
Looks like preadjudication of pending cases working nice and fast as soon as dates are available. Keep it up. (to the system :))
hair quotes and sayings about life
REQUIRE_GC
08-03 11:14 PM
I have a follow-up question. If I do not get my EAD before my current one expires, am i out of status? I have a LIN number for the renewal submission.
As long as You have Applied in Time You are not Out of status. If you have crossed 90 days , you can go to local immigration office and request for the temporary permit.
I submitted renewal on July 12, and I received an email on saturday for Card Production ordered and I did not receive any FP notice for renewal.
Hope this answers your question
As long as You have Applied in Time You are not Out of status. If you have crossed 90 days , you can go to local immigration office and request for the temporary permit.
I submitted renewal on July 12, and I received an email on saturday for Card Production ordered and I did not receive any FP notice for renewal.
Hope this answers your question
more...

nixone
08-27 10:03 AM
Thanks chantu and fresheb2.
I have one more question regarding plane tickets. My parents bought ticket that has OPEN RETURN DATE, but the maximum validity of the ticket is SIX months.
They do not know the exact date when they are going to return and they also do not know how long the stay permit will be given to them (even though I have heard that normally 6-month stay is given). Now some people are saying that the Officer at Port of Entry does not like when there is no specific date of return.
Do you guys think my parents need to change the ticket or they need to have the return date mentioned on the ticket (the date that we do not know yet)? They are flying in less than 2 days. Thanks.
I have one more question regarding plane tickets. My parents bought ticket that has OPEN RETURN DATE, but the maximum validity of the ticket is SIX months.
They do not know the exact date when they are going to return and they also do not know how long the stay permit will be given to them (even though I have heard that normally 6-month stay is given). Now some people are saying that the Officer at Port of Entry does not like when there is no specific date of return.
Do you guys think my parents need to change the ticket or they need to have the return date mentioned on the ticket (the date that we do not know yet)? They are flying in less than 2 days. Thanks.
hot “A life of leisure and a life
skp71
07-12 11:33 PM
What will happen if primary case got approved but dependent case is still pending and at the same time, dependent H4 will be expiring soon??
Actually my case got approved yesterday, my wife's not yet. Her H4 expires in September. Thanks.
Actually my case got approved yesterday, my wife's not yet. Her H4 expires in September. Thanks.
more...
house cute quotes on life and love
waitingforgc
06-06 08:20 AM
First of all after applying H1 extension you have a 240 day window when you wont be out of status even if your H1 expired ( as long as the extension is applied when the current was Valid). My H expired on Jan 29th and i applied on Jan 9th and the last 5 months i worked as usual without Visa or I-94 ( but in Status) ...
Don't worry at all - if by chance anyone reaches near 8 month/240 day finish line which is highly unlikely, pump in extra 1000 bucks and upgrade that to a Premium H and you must hear a decision within 15 days....
There are tons of options - even if Premium doesn't work still there are 2 more options ( of course within legal boundary )...
Thanks for the answer.
Don't worry at all - if by chance anyone reaches near 8 month/240 day finish line which is highly unlikely, pump in extra 1000 bucks and upgrade that to a Premium H and you must hear a decision within 15 days....
There are tons of options - even if Premium doesn't work still there are 2 more options ( of course within legal boundary )...
Thanks for the answer.
tattoo love and happiness. quotes
nashorn
08-12 03:02 PM
They are still processing application received on July 2nd now. I bet none of the application received on July 3rd and later has not been opened yet. So they are safe.
Yeah so far only TWO notices though. I am seriously beginning to wonder if filers between July 2 - July 17 are actually going to be penalized coz NOTHING in USCIS is ever "FIFO".
Yeah so far only TWO notices though. I am seriously beginning to wonder if filers between July 2 - July 17 are actually going to be penalized coz NOTHING in USCIS is ever "FIFO".
more...
pictures quotes about love and life and happiness. BEST LOVE QUOTES ON TUMBLR |
shx
05-25 04:01 AM
Fax sent
dresses When you say I love you
poorslumdog
09-02 01:28 PM
Hi there,
I have been arrested for shoplifting. Finger printed,and produced in court. The case has been dismissed as I did not do it on purpose. I got the document from the court that case is DISMISSED. 1. Is it good to do the "Case Expungement"?
2. Does the port of entry officer sees the arrest even I expunge the case?
3. any other scenarios I might encounter?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated
Thank you
You shameless idiot...you are back again.
I have been arrested for shoplifting. Finger printed,and produced in court. The case has been dismissed as I did not do it on purpose. I got the document from the court that case is DISMISSED. 1. Is it good to do the "Case Expungement"?
2. Does the port of entry officer sees the arrest even I expunge the case?
3. any other scenarios I might encounter?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated
Thank you
You shameless idiot...you are back again.
more...
makeup quotes about love
javadeveloper
03-28 01:27 PM
Thanks, but will there be any charges against me for not filing the taxes before.
WIll it effect my immigration status.
What I heard from others is:
1.If we owe money to State/Fed then it may be a problem
2.No problem if we are supposed to get money from State/Fed
I May be wrong , but check with others too
WIll it effect my immigration status.
What I heard from others is:
1.If we owe money to State/Fed then it may be a problem
2.No problem if we are supposed to get money from State/Fed
I May be wrong , but check with others too
girlfriend quotes about life and love and
lkrastogi
07-16 11:08 PM
My 140 was filed last week and I don't have the receipt number. Can I file 485 without I140 receipt number?
hairstyles quotes about love and life
same_old_guy
05-24 02:32 PM
This subject is treated as an elaborate chapter titled "The quiet crisis" in Friedman's book "The world is flat". A very good read. Here is an extremely well written article on education crisis staring at the US. It also touches on the broken immigration system.
Feel free to discuss but kindly refrain from making extreme and judgmental statements.
************************************************** *******
Credits: Thomas L. Friedman (NY Times). All rights reserved. Article has been reproduced in its entirety.
The quiet crisis in US education
By Thomas L. Friedman
First I had to laugh. Then I had to cry. I took part in commencement this year at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, one of America�s great science and engineering schools, so I had a front-row seat as the first grads to receive their diplomas came on stage, all of them PhD students. One by one the announcer read their names and each was handed their doctorate � in biotechnology, computing, physics and engineering � by the school�s president, Shirley Ann Jackson.
The reason I had to laugh was because it seemed like every one of the newly minted PhDs at Rensselaer was foreign born. For a moment, as the foreign names kept coming � "Hong Lu, Xu Xie, Tao Yuan, Fu Tang" � I thought that the entire class of doctoral students in physics were going to be Chinese, until "Paul Shane Morrow" saved the day. It was such a caricature of what Ms Jackson herself calls "the quiet crisis" in high-end science education in this country that you could only laugh.
Don�t get me wrong. I�m proud that our country continues to build universities and a culture of learning that attract the world�s best minds. My complaint � why I also wanted to cry � was that there wasn�t someone from the Immigration and Naturalization Service standing next to Ms Jackson stapling green cards to the diplomas of each of these foreign-born PhDs. I want them all to stay, become Americans and do their research and innovation here.
If we can�t educate enough of our own kids to compete at this level, we�d better make sure we can import someone else�s, otherwise we will not maintain our standard of living. It is pure idiocy that Congress will not open our borders � as wide as possible � to attract and keep the world�s first-round intellectual draft choices in an age when everyone increasingly has the same innovation tools and the key differentiator is human talent. I�m serious. I think any foreign student who gets a PhD in our country � in any subject � should be offered citizenship. I want them. The idea that we actually make it difficult for them to stay is crazy.
Compete America, a coalition of technology companies, is pleading with Congress to boost both the number of H-1B visas available to companies that want to bring in skilled foreign workers and the number of employment-based green cards given to high-tech foreign workers who want to stay here. Give them all they want! Not only do our companies need them now, because we�re not training enough engineers, but they will, over time, start many more companies and create many more good jobs than they would possibly displace. Silicon Valley is living proof of that � and where innovation happens, matters. It�s still where the best jobs will be located.
Folks, we can�t keep being stupid about these things. You can�t have a world where foreign-born students dominate your science graduate schools, research labs, journal publications and can now more easily than ever go back to their home countries to start companies � without it eventually impacting our standard of living � especially when we�re also slipping behind in high-speed Internet penetration per capita. America has fallen from fourth in the world in 2001 to 15th today.
My hat is off to Andrew Rasiej and Micah Sifry, co-founders of the Personal Democracy Forum. They are trying to make this an issue in the presidential campaign by creating a movement to demand that candidates focus on our digital deficits and divides. (See: www.techpresident.com.) Mr Rasiej, who unsuccessfully ran for public advocate of New York City in 2005 on a platform calling for low-cost wireless access everywhere, notes that "only half of America has broadband access to the Internet." We need to go from "No Child Left Behind," he says, to "Every Child Connected."
Here�s the sad truth: 9/11, and the failing Iraq war, have sucked up almost all the oxygen in this country � oxygen needed to discuss seriously education, healthcare, climate change and competitiveness, notes Garrett Graff, an editor at Washingtonian Magazine and author of the upcoming book The First Campaign, which deals with this theme. So right now, it�s mostly governors talking about these issues, noted Mr Graff, but there is only so much they can do without Washington being focused and leading. Which is why we�ve got to bring our occupation of Iraq to an end in the quickest, least bad way possible � otherwise we are going to lose Iraq and America. It�s coming down to that choice.
********************************************
Feel free to discuss but kindly refrain from making extreme and judgmental statements.
************************************************** *******
Credits: Thomas L. Friedman (NY Times). All rights reserved. Article has been reproduced in its entirety.
The quiet crisis in US education
By Thomas L. Friedman
First I had to laugh. Then I had to cry. I took part in commencement this year at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, one of America�s great science and engineering schools, so I had a front-row seat as the first grads to receive their diplomas came on stage, all of them PhD students. One by one the announcer read their names and each was handed their doctorate � in biotechnology, computing, physics and engineering � by the school�s president, Shirley Ann Jackson.
The reason I had to laugh was because it seemed like every one of the newly minted PhDs at Rensselaer was foreign born. For a moment, as the foreign names kept coming � "Hong Lu, Xu Xie, Tao Yuan, Fu Tang" � I thought that the entire class of doctoral students in physics were going to be Chinese, until "Paul Shane Morrow" saved the day. It was such a caricature of what Ms Jackson herself calls "the quiet crisis" in high-end science education in this country that you could only laugh.
Don�t get me wrong. I�m proud that our country continues to build universities and a culture of learning that attract the world�s best minds. My complaint � why I also wanted to cry � was that there wasn�t someone from the Immigration and Naturalization Service standing next to Ms Jackson stapling green cards to the diplomas of each of these foreign-born PhDs. I want them all to stay, become Americans and do their research and innovation here.
If we can�t educate enough of our own kids to compete at this level, we�d better make sure we can import someone else�s, otherwise we will not maintain our standard of living. It is pure idiocy that Congress will not open our borders � as wide as possible � to attract and keep the world�s first-round intellectual draft choices in an age when everyone increasingly has the same innovation tools and the key differentiator is human talent. I�m serious. I think any foreign student who gets a PhD in our country � in any subject � should be offered citizenship. I want them. The idea that we actually make it difficult for them to stay is crazy.
Compete America, a coalition of technology companies, is pleading with Congress to boost both the number of H-1B visas available to companies that want to bring in skilled foreign workers and the number of employment-based green cards given to high-tech foreign workers who want to stay here. Give them all they want! Not only do our companies need them now, because we�re not training enough engineers, but they will, over time, start many more companies and create many more good jobs than they would possibly displace. Silicon Valley is living proof of that � and where innovation happens, matters. It�s still where the best jobs will be located.
Folks, we can�t keep being stupid about these things. You can�t have a world where foreign-born students dominate your science graduate schools, research labs, journal publications and can now more easily than ever go back to their home countries to start companies � without it eventually impacting our standard of living � especially when we�re also slipping behind in high-speed Internet penetration per capita. America has fallen from fourth in the world in 2001 to 15th today.
My hat is off to Andrew Rasiej and Micah Sifry, co-founders of the Personal Democracy Forum. They are trying to make this an issue in the presidential campaign by creating a movement to demand that candidates focus on our digital deficits and divides. (See: www.techpresident.com.) Mr Rasiej, who unsuccessfully ran for public advocate of New York City in 2005 on a platform calling for low-cost wireless access everywhere, notes that "only half of America has broadband access to the Internet." We need to go from "No Child Left Behind," he says, to "Every Child Connected."
Here�s the sad truth: 9/11, and the failing Iraq war, have sucked up almost all the oxygen in this country � oxygen needed to discuss seriously education, healthcare, climate change and competitiveness, notes Garrett Graff, an editor at Washingtonian Magazine and author of the upcoming book The First Campaign, which deals with this theme. So right now, it�s mostly governors talking about these issues, noted Mr Graff, but there is only so much they can do without Washington being focused and leading. Which is why we�ve got to bring our occupation of Iraq to an end in the quickest, least bad way possible � otherwise we are going to lose Iraq and America. It�s coming down to that choice.
********************************************
Tito_ortiz
01-17 06:11 PM
Agreed. I registered already on change.gov.
I voted on this. But I did not see any vote for elimination of country qouta in EB immigration system. We need that topic on change.gov and should vote heavily in favour of it.
I voted on this. But I did not see any vote for elimination of country qouta in EB immigration system. We need that topic on change.gov and should vote heavily in favour of it.
smartboy75
11-06 05:57 PM
Who issued the checks ?? Was it you or your employer ?


No comments:
Post a Comment