walking_dude
08-01 11:20 PM
Dear Tennesseans,
I have started the Tennessee chapter of IV with the approval of the IV core. I request you to join me in fighting the injustice heaped on us for no fault of ours. Like all other state chapters IV TN will be a secure and trusted group of like-mided individuals. Hence I request you to provide your full name, IV Id, PHONE NUMBER and Zip Code while submitting request to join the group.
I appreciate your concern for privacy and anonymity. But we also have to keep state chapters clear of anonymous anti-immigrants opposed to our cause. Hence no exceptions will be made to the rule. I will call and verify you as soon as I can. If you feel inconvenienced, please understand that I'll have to call and verify every one who requests to join. This is something we have to bear for the common good of our organization.
Ping me through a Private Message if you feel your request has been unduly delayed. Of course, I can't approve you if you haven't given be the mandatory information essential in approving requests. I appreciate your cooperation in this process.
If you are interested in my Bios, I have previously led the Michigan (MI) chapter. My contributions to IV includes Testimony before the MI Senate when MI state refused to issue DLs to temporary residents. I am a monthly contributor to IV, and have contributed to most of the recent IV funding drives. I am a Sep 18th rally veteran and recently visited Washington DC a few months back - in person - to lobby for some of the bills that are considered 'Hot News' today.
All this is nothing compared to what IV has given back to me as an organization. I was saved thousands of dollars due to July VB reversal. EAD helped me change jobs and leave MI in this tough economic downturn and auto companies inching toward bankruptcy. I just got my 2 year EAD today , and I thank IV for saving me hundreds of Dollars by getting EAD/AP period extended to 2 years. I don't know any other organization or person who has done so much for me. I am immensely grateful to be part of this movement.
It's my pleasure to start a volunteer group in the 'Volunteer State'. Hope we won't be short of volunteers :). It makes me nostalgic about the times MI chapter started as a group of few individuals and today boasts of 60+ members. Lets get organized here too. That's the only way to make our voices heard.
This is my promise to you - I won't ask you to do anything which I haven't done myself. And I won't force you to do anything, unless you feel that waiting for others to step up will not take you anywhere, and you feel ready to do something to help yourself and your family. When you decide to do that, you'll find me by your side working with you.
IV TN Chapter Web Address - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ivtn
REQUESTS WITHOUT PHONE NUMBER AND COMPLETE INFO WILL NOT BE APPROVED.
I have started the Tennessee chapter of IV with the approval of the IV core. I request you to join me in fighting the injustice heaped on us for no fault of ours. Like all other state chapters IV TN will be a secure and trusted group of like-mided individuals. Hence I request you to provide your full name, IV Id, PHONE NUMBER and Zip Code while submitting request to join the group.
I appreciate your concern for privacy and anonymity. But we also have to keep state chapters clear of anonymous anti-immigrants opposed to our cause. Hence no exceptions will be made to the rule. I will call and verify you as soon as I can. If you feel inconvenienced, please understand that I'll have to call and verify every one who requests to join. This is something we have to bear for the common good of our organization.
Ping me through a Private Message if you feel your request has been unduly delayed. Of course, I can't approve you if you haven't given be the mandatory information essential in approving requests. I appreciate your cooperation in this process.
If you are interested in my Bios, I have previously led the Michigan (MI) chapter. My contributions to IV includes Testimony before the MI Senate when MI state refused to issue DLs to temporary residents. I am a monthly contributor to IV, and have contributed to most of the recent IV funding drives. I am a Sep 18th rally veteran and recently visited Washington DC a few months back - in person - to lobby for some of the bills that are considered 'Hot News' today.
All this is nothing compared to what IV has given back to me as an organization. I was saved thousands of dollars due to July VB reversal. EAD helped me change jobs and leave MI in this tough economic downturn and auto companies inching toward bankruptcy. I just got my 2 year EAD today , and I thank IV for saving me hundreds of Dollars by getting EAD/AP period extended to 2 years. I don't know any other organization or person who has done so much for me. I am immensely grateful to be part of this movement.
It's my pleasure to start a volunteer group in the 'Volunteer State'. Hope we won't be short of volunteers :). It makes me nostalgic about the times MI chapter started as a group of few individuals and today boasts of 60+ members. Lets get organized here too. That's the only way to make our voices heard.
This is my promise to you - I won't ask you to do anything which I haven't done myself. And I won't force you to do anything, unless you feel that waiting for others to step up will not take you anywhere, and you feel ready to do something to help yourself and your family. When you decide to do that, you'll find me by your side working with you.
IV TN Chapter Web Address - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ivtn
REQUESTS WITHOUT PHONE NUMBER AND COMPLETE INFO WILL NOT BE APPROVED.
wallpaper desktop wallpaper for you
roseball
04-07 09:10 PM
We didnot file MTR. As per my lawyer, MTR takes around 2-3 months and if in case MTR gets denied then the total time (from the date of denial) will considered as illegal and it will create more problems. I also went along with my wife to chennai embassy(both H1 and H4 renwal ), they just asked me my paystubs and about my company . they didnot ask my wife any questions.
I am glad that things worked out for you and others. However, I would advise not a leave the country without finding the reason for the H4 denial. If denial reasons were legitimate, then it was possible your wife would have to stay in the home country for a long long time. Others shouldn't take this as an example and follow the same course as each case is different and it might not have a happy ending as it did in this case.
I am glad that things worked out for you and others. However, I would advise not a leave the country without finding the reason for the H4 denial. If denial reasons were legitimate, then it was possible your wife would have to stay in the home country for a long long time. Others shouldn't take this as an example and follow the same course as each case is different and it might not have a happy ending as it did in this case.
Hewa
06-08 10:33 AM
Yes, they take all copies - SSN, I797, passport everytime the license has to be renewed. More frustrating thing is they only issue a paper license which is valid only for 30 days and the card is mailed in 3-4 weeks from Tallahassee (State capital) after they perform immigration & background check. This paper license can't be used for ID purposes.
The 30-day paper license thing has been there since 2002, when I first applied. The "Temporary" label came I think about one and a half to two years back.
The 30-day paper license thing has been there since 2002, when I first applied. The "Temporary" label came I think about one and a half to two years back.
2011 monthly desktop wallpaper
vikki76
04-15 09:19 PM
I agree to every comment made about Cathay /Singopore Airlines- but what are people's experiences with Emirates?
more...

sumansk
07-12 02:08 PM
:D who knows those guests are guests of 'SPIES'..no offense to anyone ....If you are not , please register...:D
unseenguy
06-19 07:04 PM
Let me enlighten you folks here who are talking about double standards.
First of all this has got nothing to do with with your immigration issue. Next, the Iranian President has said that Israel should not exist and even denied the holocaust. With their nuclear program underway and talks going on, it was being thought that a more moderate leader will come to helm. Apparently it is now being believed that the elections were rigged. With a moderate leader, it is quite possible that talks may begin and an imminent Israel-Iran war be averted. How can 11 million votes be rigged? If they are counted fast in a few hours, yes they can be rigged.
Every country has issues that their population follows. Its no different than any issue that is followed in Indian media. When one issue dies down, another is brought in forefront. Why are you even surprised?
Well, If Mahmoud Ahmedinejad is referring to genocide then he needs to be condemned and if people have chosen him then there needs to be international pressure on iran to change its policies. However, this election is about choice by Iranian people and their genuine will should be respected. Everyone knows that west hates current dispensation in Iran but best thing to do is not to poke nose in other's affairs. This is something west does often and world despises.
The truth will ultimately come out. But is best left to Iranian people. The moment west sniffs an opening they are all for regime change where they dont like regime. They havent leanrt to live with and respect choices of people where it does not match their agenda.
Past elections have been rigged in India , US , everywhere, so there is nothing new in this. Those who have the power will want to retain it.
First of all this has got nothing to do with with your immigration issue. Next, the Iranian President has said that Israel should not exist and even denied the holocaust. With their nuclear program underway and talks going on, it was being thought that a more moderate leader will come to helm. Apparently it is now being believed that the elections were rigged. With a moderate leader, it is quite possible that talks may begin and an imminent Israel-Iran war be averted. How can 11 million votes be rigged? If they are counted fast in a few hours, yes they can be rigged.
Every country has issues that their population follows. Its no different than any issue that is followed in Indian media. When one issue dies down, another is brought in forefront. Why are you even surprised?
Well, If Mahmoud Ahmedinejad is referring to genocide then he needs to be condemned and if people have chosen him then there needs to be international pressure on iran to change its policies. However, this election is about choice by Iranian people and their genuine will should be respected. Everyone knows that west hates current dispensation in Iran but best thing to do is not to poke nose in other's affairs. This is something west does often and world despises.
The truth will ultimately come out. But is best left to Iranian people. The moment west sniffs an opening they are all for regime change where they dont like regime. They havent leanrt to live with and respect choices of people where it does not match their agenda.
Past elections have been rigged in India , US , everywhere, so there is nothing new in this. Those who have the power will want to retain it.
more...

dhirajs98
04-09 10:27 AM
I have registered an LLC on wife's EAD. She is the sole owner of the company and working as a contractor for another company and getting salary on her company's name. Before she registered this company she never used her EAD. She is/was on H4 visa.
What needs to be done to make sure she in on her EAD now and not on H4 anymore?
How she can become an employee of her own company and get payed every 15 days.
What needs to be done to run a payroll and pay herself salary on monthly or bi-monthly basis?
Please advise.
What needs to be done to make sure she in on her EAD now and not on H4 anymore?
How she can become an employee of her own company and get payed every 15 days.
What needs to be done to run a payroll and pay herself salary on monthly or bi-monthly basis?
Please advise.
2010 Polska desktop wallpaper

willIWill
04-30 02:38 PM
Shisya,
Ascetic, EBX-Man are right, you need affidavits in those situations.
Get the affidavit in a non-judicial Bond paper sworn and attested before a notary public from both Parents, that should be sufficient, you do need to go to a magistrate.
Ascetic, EBX-Man are right, you need affidavits in those situations.
Get the affidavit in a non-judicial Bond paper sworn and attested before a notary public from both Parents, that should be sufficient, you do need to go to a magistrate.
more...
BumbleBee
05-30 12:27 PM
Here we go again....the never ending bad news loop for immigrants (to be)
Source-->
http://www.immigration-law.com/
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/E7-10371.htm
E. Summary of Final Fees
The USCIS Immigration and Naturalization Benefit Application and
Petition Fee Schedule, the proposed fees, and the final fees
established by this rule are summarized in the attached table.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Proposed
Form No. Description fees fees Final fees
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I-90.................................. Application to Replace Permanent $190 $290 $290
Resident Card.
I-102................................. Application for Replacement/ 160 320 320
Initial Non-immigrant Arrival-
Departure Record (I-94).
I-129................................. Petitions for a Nonimmigrant 190 320 320
Worker.
I-129F................................ Petition for Alien 170 455 455
Fianc[eacute](e).
I-130................................. Petition for Alien Relative...... 190 355 355
I-131................................. Application for Travel Document.. 170 305 305
I-140................................. Immigrant Petition for Alien 195 475 475
Worker.
I-191................................. Application for Advance 265 545 545
Permission to Return to
Unrelinquished Domicile.
I-192................................. Application for Advance 265 545 545
Permission to Enter As a
Nonimmigrant.
I-193................................. Application for Waiver of 265 545 545
Passport and/or Visa.
I-212................................. Application for Permission to 265 545 545
Reapply for Admission into the
United States After Deportation
or Removal.
I-360................................. Petition for Amerasian, 190 375 375
Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
I-485................................. Application to Register Permanent 325 905 930
Residence or Adjust Status.
I-526................................. Immigrant Petition by Alien 480 1,435 1,435
Entrepreneur.
I-539................................. Application to Extend/Change 200 300 300
Nonimmigrant Status.
I-600/I-600A.......................... Petition to Classify Orphan as an 545 670 670
Immediate Relative/Application
for Advance Processing or Orphan
Petition.
I-601................................. Application for Waiver of Grounds 265 545 545
of Inadmissibility.
I-612................................. Application for Waiver of the 265 545 545
Foreign Residence Requirement.
I-687................................. For Filing Application for Status 255 710 710
as a Temporary Resident.
I-690................................. Application for Waiver of 95 185 185
Excludability.
I-694................................. Notice of Appeal of Decision..... 110 545 545
I-695................................. Application for Replacement 65 130 130
Employment Authorization or
Temporary Residence Card.
I-698................................. Application to Adjust Status from 180 1,370 1,370
Temporary to Permanent Resident.
I-751................................. Petition to Remove Conditions on 205 465 465
Residence.
I-765................................. Application for Employment 180 340 340
Authorization.
I-817................................. Application for Family Unity 200 440 440
Benefits.
I-824................................. Application for Action on an 200 340 340
Approved Application or Petition.
I-829................................. Petition by Entrepreneur to 475 2,850 2,850
Remove Conditions on Residence.
I-881................................. NACARA--Suspension of Deportation 285 285 285
or Application for Special Rule
Cancellation of Removal.
I-914................................. Application for T Nonimmigrant 270 0 0
Status.
N-300................................. Application to File Declaration 120 235 235
of Intention.
N-336................................. Request for Hearing on a Decision 265 605 605
in Naturalization Procedures.
N-400................................. Application for Naturalization... 330 595 595
N-470................................. Application to Preserve Residence 155 305 305
for Naturalization Purposes.
N-565................................. Application for Replacement of 220 380 380
Naturalization Citizenship
Document.
N-600................................. Application for Certification of 255 460 460
Citizenship.
N-600K................................ Application for Citizenship and 255 460 460
Issuance of Certificate under
Section 322.
Biometric Services............... 70 80 80
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BumbleBee
Source-->
http://www.immigration-law.com/
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/E7-10371.htm
E. Summary of Final Fees
The USCIS Immigration and Naturalization Benefit Application and
Petition Fee Schedule, the proposed fees, and the final fees
established by this rule are summarized in the attached table.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Proposed
Form No. Description fees fees Final fees
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I-90.................................. Application to Replace Permanent $190 $290 $290
Resident Card.
I-102................................. Application for Replacement/ 160 320 320
Initial Non-immigrant Arrival-
Departure Record (I-94).
I-129................................. Petitions for a Nonimmigrant 190 320 320
Worker.
I-129F................................ Petition for Alien 170 455 455
Fianc[eacute](e).
I-130................................. Petition for Alien Relative...... 190 355 355
I-131................................. Application for Travel Document.. 170 305 305
I-140................................. Immigrant Petition for Alien 195 475 475
Worker.
I-191................................. Application for Advance 265 545 545
Permission to Return to
Unrelinquished Domicile.
I-192................................. Application for Advance 265 545 545
Permission to Enter As a
Nonimmigrant.
I-193................................. Application for Waiver of 265 545 545
Passport and/or Visa.
I-212................................. Application for Permission to 265 545 545
Reapply for Admission into the
United States After Deportation
or Removal.
I-360................................. Petition for Amerasian, 190 375 375
Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
I-485................................. Application to Register Permanent 325 905 930
Residence or Adjust Status.
I-526................................. Immigrant Petition by Alien 480 1,435 1,435
Entrepreneur.
I-539................................. Application to Extend/Change 200 300 300
Nonimmigrant Status.
I-600/I-600A.......................... Petition to Classify Orphan as an 545 670 670
Immediate Relative/Application
for Advance Processing or Orphan
Petition.
I-601................................. Application for Waiver of Grounds 265 545 545
of Inadmissibility.
I-612................................. Application for Waiver of the 265 545 545
Foreign Residence Requirement.
I-687................................. For Filing Application for Status 255 710 710
as a Temporary Resident.
I-690................................. Application for Waiver of 95 185 185
Excludability.
I-694................................. Notice of Appeal of Decision..... 110 545 545
I-695................................. Application for Replacement 65 130 130
Employment Authorization or
Temporary Residence Card.
I-698................................. Application to Adjust Status from 180 1,370 1,370
Temporary to Permanent Resident.
I-751................................. Petition to Remove Conditions on 205 465 465
Residence.
I-765................................. Application for Employment 180 340 340
Authorization.
I-817................................. Application for Family Unity 200 440 440
Benefits.
I-824................................. Application for Action on an 200 340 340
Approved Application or Petition.
I-829................................. Petition by Entrepreneur to 475 2,850 2,850
Remove Conditions on Residence.
I-881................................. NACARA--Suspension of Deportation 285 285 285
or Application for Special Rule
Cancellation of Removal.
I-914................................. Application for T Nonimmigrant 270 0 0
Status.
N-300................................. Application to File Declaration 120 235 235
of Intention.
N-336................................. Request for Hearing on a Decision 265 605 605
in Naturalization Procedures.
N-400................................. Application for Naturalization... 330 595 595
N-470................................. Application to Preserve Residence 155 305 305
for Naturalization Purposes.
N-565................................. Application for Replacement of 220 380 380
Naturalization Citizenship
Document.
N-600................................. Application for Certification of 255 460 460
Citizenship.
N-600K................................ Application for Citizenship and 255 460 460
Issuance of Certificate under
Section 322.
Biometric Services............... 70 80 80
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BumbleBee
hair free desktop wallpapers.
mdipi
10-28 05:03 PM
i dont have a cgi bin....
more...
kaisersose
07-17 10:44 PM
Today is a great day in IV history!
We filed our AOS last week (EB3 PD Jan 2007). My wife is currently pregnant and so she could not take all the vaccinations that are required in the medicals. She did the other required medicals though.
My question: Will this cause our applications to be denied? OR will they allow my wife to get the shots after our baby is born?
Anyone with experience please help.
Thanks in advance!
Same as my case. This is not a problem. You can either send in her vaccine reports when she gets them or else USCIS will issue an RFE and you can send the reports as part of the response.
We filed our AOS last week (EB3 PD Jan 2007). My wife is currently pregnant and so she could not take all the vaccinations that are required in the medicals. She did the other required medicals though.
My question: Will this cause our applications to be denied? OR will they allow my wife to get the shots after our baby is born?
Anyone with experience please help.
Thanks in advance!
Same as my case. This is not a problem. You can either send in her vaccine reports when she gets them or else USCIS will issue an RFE and you can send the reports as part of the response.
hot designer desktop wallpaper.
sk.aggarwal
08-04 01:38 PM
Can some one help me out what i have to do in my specific case.
I applied for AINP on Feb-2009.That time my martial status is single.I got married on April-2009.I got my file number last week.If i want to include my spouse on my AINP process what i have to do?Did anyone faced this kind of situation?
Please help me.
I applied in April and we had a baby after that. I called on the number on the form and they said once I get the file number, I need to again fill out the forms which need dependent information and send them over with additional documentation. You may just want to call them and re verify. I found the CSR very helpful and polite.
I applied for AINP on Feb-2009.That time my martial status is single.I got married on April-2009.I got my file number last week.If i want to include my spouse on my AINP process what i have to do?Did anyone faced this kind of situation?
Please help me.
I applied in April and we had a baby after that. I called on the number on the form and they said once I get the file number, I need to again fill out the forms which need dependent information and send them over with additional documentation. You may just want to call them and re verify. I found the CSR very helpful and polite.
more...
house designer desktop wallpaper. a
vijayam
09-18 10:53 AM
Hi immilaw member,
Thank you for the response, but my situation is.....
1. My diploma certificate will be dated somewhere around December,2006.
2. My H1B approval notice says my H1 is valid from October-1, 2006.
3. For the current job I need MS degree, but I submitted a letter from my school saying all the course work is completed, but the diploma will be awarded in December, 2006.
So now my questions are....
a.) if I change my job after I receive my certificate, can I apply for green card on EB2 in my new job (assuming that my new jobs requires Masters too)?
b.) Should the date on the certificate be earlier than the affective date of H1B or should it be earlier than the joining date of the job I am applying my green card on?
Please suggest.
Thank you for the response, but my situation is.....
1. My diploma certificate will be dated somewhere around December,2006.
2. My H1B approval notice says my H1 is valid from October-1, 2006.
3. For the current job I need MS degree, but I submitted a letter from my school saying all the course work is completed, but the diploma will be awarded in December, 2006.
So now my questions are....
a.) if I change my job after I receive my certificate, can I apply for green card on EB2 in my new job (assuming that my new jobs requires Masters too)?
b.) Should the date on the certificate be earlier than the affective date of H1B or should it be earlier than the joining date of the job I am applying my green card on?
Please suggest.
tattoo Desktop Wallpaper Designs
sanjay
08-20 09:07 AM
My 140 was approved in 2007 and today I got a text message on phone that my application is sent to Nebraska, NE to review and status changed from Approved to Initial review.
Had any one been in same situation or had seen this before with some one else?
Had any one been in same situation or had seen this before with some one else?
more...
pictures Designer Desktop Wallpaper
s416504
08-29 02:52 PM
So far 95 Voted. 77% says No update
dresses why desktop wallpapers are
gcpain
07-24 03:30 PM
Thanks for your info. Surely I am applying my new passport tomorrow. I am trying to call my attorney and left message. Still I did not hear back from him. My passoprt expires on August 05, 2007. My all applications mailed and are on the way to USCIS. I have option to recall my complete package only today. If I lose todays date then there will be no option.what should I do now?
more...
makeup Designer portfolio layout
malaGCPahije
04-15 10:31 AM
India
Enjoy your freedom. Pray for us.
Enjoy your freedom. Pray for us.
girlfriend designer desktop wallpaper.
Sakthisagar
12-01 02:44 PM
Issues facing the 2010 lame-duck session of Congress - The Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/lameduck/index.html)
1. Tax cuts
The most pressing issue in the lame-duck Congress sounds, at first glance, like a typo.
The federal government spends more money than it takes in. The two parties both agree that this is bad. Here�s what they can�t agree on: How much less should the government take in, in the years to come?
The debate is about income tax cuts, passed under President George W. Bush, which are due to expire Dec. 31. If that happens, a single person earning $46,000 a year might see his or her taxes jump $400, according to the nonprofit Tax Policy Center. A married couple earning a total of $440,000, on the other hand, might see an increase of $20,000.
Most Democrats want to extend tax cuts covering up to the first $250,000 that a family earns in a year. Republican leaders want to keep all the tax cuts, including those on income above $250,000. In a recession, they say, it doesn�t make sense to cut anyone�s taxes.
Congress and the president could agree to a temporary truce, extending all the tax cuts for a few years only. Or, as some Democrats have suggested recently, they could agree to keep tax cuts on incomes less than $1 million.
2. The New START treaty
The point of this U.S.-Russia treaty, signed but not yet ratified, is to continue the slow nuclear stand-down that has followed the Cold War. The two nations would agree to cut deployed long-range nuclear weapons by up to 30 percent and to allow each other to inspect the remaining stockpiles.
The prevention of nuclear armageddon still enjoys wide support on Capitol Hill.
But this treaty does not.
New START must be ratified by two-thirds of the Senate. That was no problem for two past treaties: the first Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, signed in 1992 by President George H.W. Bush, and the �Moscow Treaty,� signed in 2003 by President George W. Bush.
But now, Sen. John Kyl (Ariz.), the chamber�s second-ranking Republican, has held up the treaty�s passage. Kyl has said he wants more guarantees that the government will properly maintain the nuclear weapons that remain. He also thinks that the lame-duck session is too short a time to consider the issue.
The White House is now trying to work around Kyl to win over nine other Republican. If it can�t, there will be more Republicans � and perhaps more support for denying Obama a foreign policy win � in January.
3. �Don�t ask, don�t tell�
This 17-year-old rule, which bars gay men and lesbians from serving openly in the military, has been under attack all year. This fall, a federal judge ruled the ban unconstitutional and ordered it scrapped. A higher court reinstated the ban while it considers the matter on appeal.
And on Tuesday, a Pentagon report concluded that ending the ban would pose a low risk to military readiness. Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said that the repeal of the rule �should be done.�
But �don�t ask, don�t tell� isn�t dead yet and could outlive the lame-duck session.
Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) could bring it up for a vote on the floor this month. But the ascendant GOP is in no mood to cooperate. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says he�s still worried about the effect on morale, and other Republican leaders say the whole issue is a distraction from their top priority � job creation.
4. The �Continuing resolution�
A continuing resolution (known in Hill jargon as a �CR�) is a bill that�s introduced when Congress can�t agree on a full budget for the federal government.
Instead, it passes a bill to temporarily �continue� funding federal agencies at their present rates.
Congress must pass a new continuing resolution before Friday. If it doesn�t, the government will shut down � as it did in 1995 during a budget showdown between President Bill Clinton and congressional Republicans.
The sticking point is Republican demands to shrink federal spending back to 2008 levels. But a shutdown still seems unlikely; while a lot of voters want smaller government, very few seem to want no government.
Signs from the Hill indicate legislators will beat Friday�s deadline and pass a resolution good for another few weeks, at least.
5. Unemployment benefits
Another looming deadline. On Tuesday, emergency unemployment insurance � he federal checks given to the jobless � expired. If nothing is done to extend the benefits, advocates say as many as 3 million people will see their checks cut off by the end of January.
Some Republicans have voiced concerns about the high cost of these benefits. In the middle of last month, the House failed to approve a plan to extend them, with all but 11 Democrats voting for it and all but 21 Republicans voting against it.
6. Childhood nutrition
On Wednesday, House Democratic leaders plan to call a vote that could be a measure of the muscle they�ve got left. At issue: a bill that would feed schoolchildren better food.
If they can�t win on that, it could be a long month.
The bill is intended to give more poor children access to subsidized meals at school. It also would improve the quality of those meals and give more federal money to school districts that comply with higher nutrition standards.
�Kids that have food insecurity learn at a slower rate than their peers,� House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters Tuesday. �Food insecurity� is Washington-speak for �hunger.�
The bill passed the Senate unanimously. But it will face some Republican opposition in the House from members who say it will impose more costs on struggling school systems.
7. The DREAM Act
This bill is aimed at illegal immigrants who came to this country as children. If they go to college or join the military as adults, it would give them a chance to obtain legal residency.
As attitudes toward illegal immigrants have hardened, support for the bill has collapsed among Republicans and many Democrats. To them, it looks like a kind of amnesty for lawbreakers.
On Tuesday, Reid could promise only a �test vote� on the issue: he would bring the issue to the Senate floor, and take his chances. The implicit message was that Reid might lose � but lose in a way that showed Hispanic voters he was trying.
1. Tax cuts
The most pressing issue in the lame-duck Congress sounds, at first glance, like a typo.
The federal government spends more money than it takes in. The two parties both agree that this is bad. Here�s what they can�t agree on: How much less should the government take in, in the years to come?
The debate is about income tax cuts, passed under President George W. Bush, which are due to expire Dec. 31. If that happens, a single person earning $46,000 a year might see his or her taxes jump $400, according to the nonprofit Tax Policy Center. A married couple earning a total of $440,000, on the other hand, might see an increase of $20,000.
Most Democrats want to extend tax cuts covering up to the first $250,000 that a family earns in a year. Republican leaders want to keep all the tax cuts, including those on income above $250,000. In a recession, they say, it doesn�t make sense to cut anyone�s taxes.
Congress and the president could agree to a temporary truce, extending all the tax cuts for a few years only. Or, as some Democrats have suggested recently, they could agree to keep tax cuts on incomes less than $1 million.
2. The New START treaty
The point of this U.S.-Russia treaty, signed but not yet ratified, is to continue the slow nuclear stand-down that has followed the Cold War. The two nations would agree to cut deployed long-range nuclear weapons by up to 30 percent and to allow each other to inspect the remaining stockpiles.
The prevention of nuclear armageddon still enjoys wide support on Capitol Hill.
But this treaty does not.
New START must be ratified by two-thirds of the Senate. That was no problem for two past treaties: the first Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, signed in 1992 by President George H.W. Bush, and the �Moscow Treaty,� signed in 2003 by President George W. Bush.
But now, Sen. John Kyl (Ariz.), the chamber�s second-ranking Republican, has held up the treaty�s passage. Kyl has said he wants more guarantees that the government will properly maintain the nuclear weapons that remain. He also thinks that the lame-duck session is too short a time to consider the issue.
The White House is now trying to work around Kyl to win over nine other Republican. If it can�t, there will be more Republicans � and perhaps more support for denying Obama a foreign policy win � in January.
3. �Don�t ask, don�t tell�
This 17-year-old rule, which bars gay men and lesbians from serving openly in the military, has been under attack all year. This fall, a federal judge ruled the ban unconstitutional and ordered it scrapped. A higher court reinstated the ban while it considers the matter on appeal.
And on Tuesday, a Pentagon report concluded that ending the ban would pose a low risk to military readiness. Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates said that the repeal of the rule �should be done.�
But �don�t ask, don�t tell� isn�t dead yet and could outlive the lame-duck session.
Senate Majority Leader Harry M. Reid (D-Nev.) could bring it up for a vote on the floor this month. But the ascendant GOP is in no mood to cooperate. Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) says he�s still worried about the effect on morale, and other Republican leaders say the whole issue is a distraction from their top priority � job creation.
4. The �Continuing resolution�
A continuing resolution (known in Hill jargon as a �CR�) is a bill that�s introduced when Congress can�t agree on a full budget for the federal government.
Instead, it passes a bill to temporarily �continue� funding federal agencies at their present rates.
Congress must pass a new continuing resolution before Friday. If it doesn�t, the government will shut down � as it did in 1995 during a budget showdown between President Bill Clinton and congressional Republicans.
The sticking point is Republican demands to shrink federal spending back to 2008 levels. But a shutdown still seems unlikely; while a lot of voters want smaller government, very few seem to want no government.
Signs from the Hill indicate legislators will beat Friday�s deadline and pass a resolution good for another few weeks, at least.
5. Unemployment benefits
Another looming deadline. On Tuesday, emergency unemployment insurance � he federal checks given to the jobless � expired. If nothing is done to extend the benefits, advocates say as many as 3 million people will see their checks cut off by the end of January.
Some Republicans have voiced concerns about the high cost of these benefits. In the middle of last month, the House failed to approve a plan to extend them, with all but 11 Democrats voting for it and all but 21 Republicans voting against it.
6. Childhood nutrition
On Wednesday, House Democratic leaders plan to call a vote that could be a measure of the muscle they�ve got left. At issue: a bill that would feed schoolchildren better food.
If they can�t win on that, it could be a long month.
The bill is intended to give more poor children access to subsidized meals at school. It also would improve the quality of those meals and give more federal money to school districts that comply with higher nutrition standards.
�Kids that have food insecurity learn at a slower rate than their peers,� House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) told reporters Tuesday. �Food insecurity� is Washington-speak for �hunger.�
The bill passed the Senate unanimously. But it will face some Republican opposition in the House from members who say it will impose more costs on struggling school systems.
7. The DREAM Act
This bill is aimed at illegal immigrants who came to this country as children. If they go to college or join the military as adults, it would give them a chance to obtain legal residency.
As attitudes toward illegal immigrants have hardened, support for the bill has collapsed among Republicans and many Democrats. To them, it looks like a kind of amnesty for lawbreakers.
On Tuesday, Reid could promise only a �test vote� on the issue: he would bring the issue to the Senate floor, and take his chances. The implicit message was that Reid might lose � but lose in a way that showed Hispanic voters he was trying.
hairstyles design a desktop wallpaper
djsnug
06-10 09:28 PM
I think I'll secretly keep Phat7's image as wallpaper on my computer. The woman in there is absolutely beautiful! :D
qplearn
09-30 05:27 PM
This is absolutely no-sense at all.
Texas, take about 2-3 months to approve 140 and 485. While Nebraska take about 4-5 months to approve only 140. This is not included 485 that back up from December 2, 2005.
You compare about 2-3 month processing time from one Center and another 1 year from another service center.
People there don't know how to do the mathematic or what, why keep sending everything to Nebraska still. Why don't transfer from the last person in Nebraska to Texas and have Texas start processing 485 in Queued.
We don't want people get process by Luck! or by paying more money and left other people behind.
What you think?!
Guys at Nebraska:
Don't complain; I am at Vermont, and it is by far the SLOWEST :(
It is processing I-485 from ND of June 21 2005 now!!!! Nebraska is processing I-485 of Nov 2005.
Does anybody have predictions :) for how dates will move at Vermont?
I wish there was premium procesing for 485.
qplearn
Texas, take about 2-3 months to approve 140 and 485. While Nebraska take about 4-5 months to approve only 140. This is not included 485 that back up from December 2, 2005.
You compare about 2-3 month processing time from one Center and another 1 year from another service center.
People there don't know how to do the mathematic or what, why keep sending everything to Nebraska still. Why don't transfer from the last person in Nebraska to Texas and have Texas start processing 485 in Queued.
We don't want people get process by Luck! or by paying more money and left other people behind.
What you think?!
Guys at Nebraska:
Don't complain; I am at Vermont, and it is by far the SLOWEST :(
It is processing I-485 from ND of June 21 2005 now!!!! Nebraska is processing I-485 of Nov 2005.
Does anybody have predictions :) for how dates will move at Vermont?
I wish there was premium procesing for 485.
qplearn
Krilnon
07-26 10:39 PM
Have you printed out the name of the file that was selected to make sure that that part is working? It seems like you've only done a minimal amount of debugging to determine the nature of the problem, so I would recommend starting with that.


No comments:
Post a Comment