mstrze
Apr 5, 08:56 AM
No. A car that gets 50mpg is likely much lighter than a car that gets 8mpgs... and hence doesn't put near as much wear on the road
Agreed, but 6.25 (50/8) times as much 'damage'???
Highly doubtful it's even twice as much 'damage'. An extra 1000lbs rolling along on the same type of rubber tires isn't going to increase wear all that much.
Based completely on wear-and-tear on highways I still say that a gas tax is unfair. And this is why the the US is struggling for tax dollars to fund highway repair and upgrade projects these days.
Agreed, but 6.25 (50/8) times as much 'damage'???
Highly doubtful it's even twice as much 'damage'. An extra 1000lbs rolling along on the same type of rubber tires isn't going to increase wear all that much.
Based completely on wear-and-tear on highways I still say that a gas tax is unfair. And this is why the the US is struggling for tax dollars to fund highway repair and upgrade projects these days.
str1f3
Dec 27, 07:26 PM
Read the chat. They say online cannot be done. You can still purchase one in store.
So in other words: It isn't banned.
No it's not banned. They are intentionally trying to make it more difficult for you to buy it. You have to do the footwork yourself to get it. It is unprecendented for a company to want to make their product more difficult to buy.
Seems fraud is the reason from what that rep said in the chat. Maybe we have started to solve the mystery to this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=613734). ;)
This has already hit Gizmodo. At the time of The Consumerist post, they were already trying to reach AT&T Public Relations. The fraudulent claim is to divert attention away from the original reason.
As for eBay iPhones, you can find any of these for any cell phone under contract on eBay. This, or fraudulent claims, wouldn't be a NYC specific problem.
So in other words: It isn't banned.
No it's not banned. They are intentionally trying to make it more difficult for you to buy it. You have to do the footwork yourself to get it. It is unprecendented for a company to want to make their product more difficult to buy.
Seems fraud is the reason from what that rep said in the chat. Maybe we have started to solve the mystery to this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=613734). ;)
This has already hit Gizmodo. At the time of The Consumerist post, they were already trying to reach AT&T Public Relations. The fraudulent claim is to divert attention away from the original reason.
As for eBay iPhones, you can find any of these for any cell phone under contract on eBay. This, or fraudulent claims, wouldn't be a NYC specific problem.
mechamac
Nov 14, 10:46 AM
This is yet another one of those things that makes you think: damn, the iPod is huge.
jose fuertes s.
Oct 19, 12:23 PM
iHope Apple will make this phones with GSM technology, so everyone worldwide could have one. :)
more...
GodBless
Sep 1, 03:58 AM
Just because they are improving this build doesnt mean there aren't some major apps or system features they are not revealing to developers.
They could be updating another version of the OS alongside this one with extra goodness!, and the updates are most likely to be fixes based on what the devs tell them is buggy.
I think they have purposefully left stuff out of Leopard for the moment so that it is even more shocking when it is all revealed at the launch of Leopard! thats what apple does best, shocks the public with "one more thing!"I have to agree. I am certain that when Steve Jobs said that there are "Top Secret" features he wasn't joking. Sure we have minor updates but that can't compete with Vista and those features aren't really good enough to be "Top Secret" after all -- how valuable to Microsoft and appealing to buyers are those small features anyway?
My assumption is that Apple will blast Vista away with new Leopard features that haven't been revealed to anyone yet -- including those developers who are currently testing Leopard -- just wait for MacWorld San Francisco (MWSF) in January.
They could be updating another version of the OS alongside this one with extra goodness!, and the updates are most likely to be fixes based on what the devs tell them is buggy.
I think they have purposefully left stuff out of Leopard for the moment so that it is even more shocking when it is all revealed at the launch of Leopard! thats what apple does best, shocks the public with "one more thing!"I have to agree. I am certain that when Steve Jobs said that there are "Top Secret" features he wasn't joking. Sure we have minor updates but that can't compete with Vista and those features aren't really good enough to be "Top Secret" after all -- how valuable to Microsoft and appealing to buyers are those small features anyway?
My assumption is that Apple will blast Vista away with new Leopard features that haven't been revealed to anyone yet -- including those developers who are currently testing Leopard -- just wait for MacWorld San Francisco (MWSF) in January.
Natesac
Mar 11, 06:59 AM
Any news from willow bend?
more...
Pastorius
Sep 15, 01:40 AM
I've gone under anesthesia twice now, once under general anesthesia for a broken and dislocated arm, and on the other under a peridural for the removal of a pilonidal cyst directy above my tailbone (not nice).
I'll tell you straight away the general anesthesia was MUCH worse. I was about 12 at the time, and it was all pretty smooth throughout. Don't try to cheat while fasting, otherwise you'll almost certainly throw up. I stayed under observation for about two days, and it was worth it. When I was told I could walk, I went to the bathroom with some help from a nurse to take a bath (or at least rinse a little) and fainted (the only time in my life). I woke up a little later on the bed, still a little dazed. After that it was hard to keep food or drinks down, too. I'm absolutely certain it was the anaesthesia, since I was only on paracetamol and I have NEVER had ANY problem with that, and I have migraines once every two or three days (genetic thing).
During the cyst operation, which happened in january of this year, the peridural was smooth. I was given something to make me sleepy, since I told the anaesthesiologist it would be boring and I'd be annoying him with questions about how everything was going "down there". I could "walk" fine after I laid on my gurney for a couple of hours, though you have to remember that a surgeon had just removed all the tissue above my tailbone. First time I had ever seen a nurse I deemed "hot as hell".
Anyway, yeah. Good times. Oh, and both were IV. According to my father, who is a surgeon himself, gas is hardly used nowadays, and the main reason for it to be used is if the person does NOT want needles. If its general, you'll probably be woozly later and feel light-headed, although it might be local for you, I'm not sure. It seems scary to be awake while someone is cutting you with a scalpel, but you really feel nothing at all. For kicks, get someone to film you when you wake up, it can get really funny. :p
P.S. First post, yay.
I'll tell you straight away the general anesthesia was MUCH worse. I was about 12 at the time, and it was all pretty smooth throughout. Don't try to cheat while fasting, otherwise you'll almost certainly throw up. I stayed under observation for about two days, and it was worth it. When I was told I could walk, I went to the bathroom with some help from a nurse to take a bath (or at least rinse a little) and fainted (the only time in my life). I woke up a little later on the bed, still a little dazed. After that it was hard to keep food or drinks down, too. I'm absolutely certain it was the anaesthesia, since I was only on paracetamol and I have NEVER had ANY problem with that, and I have migraines once every two or three days (genetic thing).
During the cyst operation, which happened in january of this year, the peridural was smooth. I was given something to make me sleepy, since I told the anaesthesiologist it would be boring and I'd be annoying him with questions about how everything was going "down there". I could "walk" fine after I laid on my gurney for a couple of hours, though you have to remember that a surgeon had just removed all the tissue above my tailbone. First time I had ever seen a nurse I deemed "hot as hell".
Anyway, yeah. Good times. Oh, and both were IV. According to my father, who is a surgeon himself, gas is hardly used nowadays, and the main reason for it to be used is if the person does NOT want needles. If its general, you'll probably be woozly later and feel light-headed, although it might be local for you, I'm not sure. It seems scary to be awake while someone is cutting you with a scalpel, but you really feel nothing at all. For kicks, get someone to film you when you wake up, it can get really funny. :p
P.S. First post, yay.
iMacThere4Iam
Apr 14, 01:56 PM
Not so sure about this guy. Based on the picture, he seems to have that "deer staring at headlights" look that all M$ employees display, especially Ballmer.
First thing he's going to have to get used to is that once he comes up with an idea (and let's all hope it's an original one, considering the fact he's moving from Redmond), it won't be just barely good enough to foist on an unsuspecting public for decades.
Innovate, man, innovate! Start with a different shirt.
First thing he's going to have to get used to is that once he comes up with an idea (and let's all hope it's an original one, considering the fact he's moving from Redmond), it won't be just barely good enough to foist on an unsuspecting public for decades.
Innovate, man, innovate! Start with a different shirt.
more...
mrblack927
Apr 21, 04:48 PM
I think the next iPhone released would be called iPhone 5
2007 - iPhone
2008 - iPhone 3G (instead of calling it iPhone 2 they wanted to promote that it had 3G speed capabilities)
2009 - iPhone 3GS (Want to call it iPhone 3, but used 3G, add S to avoid confusion
2010 - iPhone 4 (4th version)
2011 - iPhone 5
Fair enough. Just for fun, here's what I think it will be:
2007 - iPhone
2008 - iPhone 3G (promote the 3G capabilities)
2009 - iPhone 3GS (just a spec bump, so they give it the "S" designation)
2010 - iPhone 4 (a major revamp- use "iPhone 4" as a strong name to emphasize a "new generation" for iPhone)
2011 - iPhone 4S (just a spec bump, so they give it the "S" designation)
2012 - iPhone 4G (promote the 4G capabilities)
2013 - iPhone 7 (a major revamp- use "iPhone 7" as a strong name to emphasize a "new generation" for iPhone)
... and the cycle more or less repeats ;)
2007 - iPhone
2008 - iPhone 3G (instead of calling it iPhone 2 they wanted to promote that it had 3G speed capabilities)
2009 - iPhone 3GS (Want to call it iPhone 3, but used 3G, add S to avoid confusion
2010 - iPhone 4 (4th version)
2011 - iPhone 5
Fair enough. Just for fun, here's what I think it will be:
2007 - iPhone
2008 - iPhone 3G (promote the 3G capabilities)
2009 - iPhone 3GS (just a spec bump, so they give it the "S" designation)
2010 - iPhone 4 (a major revamp- use "iPhone 4" as a strong name to emphasize a "new generation" for iPhone)
2011 - iPhone 4S (just a spec bump, so they give it the "S" designation)
2012 - iPhone 4G (promote the 4G capabilities)
2013 - iPhone 7 (a major revamp- use "iPhone 7" as a strong name to emphasize a "new generation" for iPhone)
... and the cycle more or less repeats ;)
SteveRichardson
Aug 14, 02:14 PM
Exactly - enlighten us. How do you know why its marketshare has increased as of late? Neither me nor freeny claim that its SOLELY because of the ads - but how can you prove that the ads haven't convinced 1 single switcher...?
I'm not claiming to say that these ads have hurt or helped boost the market shares...I'm only saying that I have only heard negative things about them.
I feel embarrassed watching them.
I personally believe that the market share has risen because of the intel switch. The ads happened to come out at the same time so it's impossible to know how they've affected the market share, but either way I really don't like them. It's not the actors either... definitely the elitist script.
I like that Shaun White ad where he narrates what he does with his computer and this stunt guy (you can only see his torso) is reaching and grabbing at nothing that was edited later to appear as if what he was grabbing at were his folders/documents/songs/etc... Pretty clever. And no snobbishness (yeah that word rocks) either.
Did I mention I like Ellen Feiss?
I'm not claiming to say that these ads have hurt or helped boost the market shares...I'm only saying that I have only heard negative things about them.
I feel embarrassed watching them.
I personally believe that the market share has risen because of the intel switch. The ads happened to come out at the same time so it's impossible to know how they've affected the market share, but either way I really don't like them. It's not the actors either... definitely the elitist script.
I like that Shaun White ad where he narrates what he does with his computer and this stunt guy (you can only see his torso) is reaching and grabbing at nothing that was edited later to appear as if what he was grabbing at were his folders/documents/songs/etc... Pretty clever. And no snobbishness (yeah that word rocks) either.
Did I mention I like Ellen Feiss?
more...
TheNewDude
Apr 30, 10:30 AM
Preorder the game from gamestop and you get a beta key also.

Kobe Bryant Shoes 2010 Black
more...

Kobe Bryant VI 2010 basketball

kobe bryant shoes 2011-Nike
more...

kobe bryant shoes.

kobe bryant shoes 2010.
more...

2010 Nike Zoom Kobe V Big

purchasing Kobe Bryant Shoes

white/gold 2010 Nike Zoom Kobe
gugy
Sep 27, 03:43 PM
I have a Quad G5, GeForce 7800 GT, 4 GB RAM, and have had Mac OS X 10.4.7 installed on it ever since the update was available.
I have had absolutely 0 problems with it!
If this 10.4.7 update would have had a known issue with our setup, we surely would have known by now.
You are sure no hardware can be faulty? Any 3rd party stuff? No bad RAM?
yes, my set up is very much like yours. I have 6gig RAM
Well, Apple replace logic board, processors and memory and the problem was still there. finally they did replace the Gt card. It was great. Still pretty stable, but like I said once a week I get a kernel panic. The only thing I can think about is the GT card. I even tried the basic set up with only mouse and keyboard. Not sure what to do next.
Once a week problem is not a bad thing. It just bad to know that the problem still there. I guess the next thing is to try to complete replace the machine or the GT card for a different model.
I'll try to replace my 3rd party RAM, even thought I don't think it is the problem.
Thanks for the interest.
I have had absolutely 0 problems with it!
If this 10.4.7 update would have had a known issue with our setup, we surely would have known by now.
You are sure no hardware can be faulty? Any 3rd party stuff? No bad RAM?
yes, my set up is very much like yours. I have 6gig RAM
Well, Apple replace logic board, processors and memory and the problem was still there. finally they did replace the Gt card. It was great. Still pretty stable, but like I said once a week I get a kernel panic. The only thing I can think about is the GT card. I even tried the basic set up with only mouse and keyboard. Not sure what to do next.
Once a week problem is not a bad thing. It just bad to know that the problem still there. I guess the next thing is to try to complete replace the machine or the GT card for a different model.
I'll try to replace my 3rd party RAM, even thought I don't think it is the problem.
Thanks for the interest.
more...
KingYaba
Apr 30, 11:47 AM
3GB download. It's times like this I wish I lived in Hong Kong.
That's not too big. Just set it to download while you sleep. :)
That's not too big. Just set it to download while you sleep. :)
Raid
May 3, 11:46 AM
Are you say that you are leaving? Then don't let the door hit your on your arse.
This is a democracy and in a democracy there are winners and losers. If you cannot respect the will of the people then I suggest that you find some communist/fascist paradise where you can be free of democracy.Whoa there, you sound like you're in favour of a conservative majority so why come out with guns blazing? This isn't an American political thread you know. :) Oh and BTW while our first-past-the-post system is probably best for local representation, saying it's the will of the people (http://www.ballot-access.org/2011/05/03/canadas-first-past-the-post-system-gave-conservative-party-54-of-seats-even-though-party-won-less-than-40-of-popular-vote/) is not quite the same.
We have and will continue to have universal healthcare. We have and will continue to have a pension system and hopefully the conservatives can patch it up so that it will there for me when I retire as a supplement/backup for my RRSPs. The opposition parties would have either bankrupted the pension system or raised taxes on everyone which would have caused another recession. I truly hope that the conservatives will strengthen both our health care and pension systems the baby boomers are going to add significant costs to both and there's nothing any party can do about that. However I heard 'stay the course' from the political messaging from the conservatives and nothing about health care or pensions.
The conservatives are "real" fiscal conservatives unlike the republicans and social moderates. Understand this, social moderate mean that they are out to serve the needs of all Canadians and not just special interests. If there are problems with our system then the solution needs to be to fix it for everyone as that is the only fair thing to do. If you pay into the system then you should be able to access that system. I hope you are right, but tax cuts to big oil and billion dollar summits don't sound to fiscally conservative do they?
This is a democracy and in a democracy there are winners and losers. If you cannot respect the will of the people then I suggest that you find some communist/fascist paradise where you can be free of democracy.Whoa there, you sound like you're in favour of a conservative majority so why come out with guns blazing? This isn't an American political thread you know. :) Oh and BTW while our first-past-the-post system is probably best for local representation, saying it's the will of the people (http://www.ballot-access.org/2011/05/03/canadas-first-past-the-post-system-gave-conservative-party-54-of-seats-even-though-party-won-less-than-40-of-popular-vote/) is not quite the same.
We have and will continue to have universal healthcare. We have and will continue to have a pension system and hopefully the conservatives can patch it up so that it will there for me when I retire as a supplement/backup for my RRSPs. The opposition parties would have either bankrupted the pension system or raised taxes on everyone which would have caused another recession. I truly hope that the conservatives will strengthen both our health care and pension systems the baby boomers are going to add significant costs to both and there's nothing any party can do about that. However I heard 'stay the course' from the political messaging from the conservatives and nothing about health care or pensions.
The conservatives are "real" fiscal conservatives unlike the republicans and social moderates. Understand this, social moderate mean that they are out to serve the needs of all Canadians and not just special interests. If there are problems with our system then the solution needs to be to fix it for everyone as that is the only fair thing to do. If you pay into the system then you should be able to access that system. I hope you are right, but tax cuts to big oil and billion dollar summits don't sound to fiscally conservative do they?
more...
sand0s
Jun 10, 04:41 PM
it is strange that they added a fourth band (VIII - 900 frequency) which is for more of europe, asia and also vodaNZ but doesn't open up anything in the US... even stranger is that i was just in NZ and my 3G[S] (which doesn't support VIII / 900 apparently) was on the vodaNZ 3G network the whole time. anyone with knowledge of this whole UMTS / HSDPA band and frequency thing, please tell me how this worked then?
i3igsmooth5769
Jan 6, 08:34 PM
:( and i was looking forward to this.
more...
TheMacBookPro
Apr 28, 10:27 AM
Where do you think the Thunderbolt port might even go in the Air? Will it replace one of the USB ports? Doesn't seem like there's really that much room... thoughts?
As mentioned, it'll take up a bit more space inside for the Thunderbolt controller but it'll simply replace the existing Mini DisplayPort so it becomes a 2-in-1 port on the outside.
As mentioned, it'll take up a bit more space inside for the Thunderbolt controller but it'll simply replace the existing Mini DisplayPort so it becomes a 2-in-1 port on the outside.
dvdhsu
Apr 16, 03:42 PM
Steve looks more and more like the guy on the screen every day!
I know!
Totally! :D
I know!
Totally! :D
kerrels
Oct 16, 09:18 PM
Hey!! Stop talking about the iPhone!! It makes me hornY!!
spork183
Nov 28, 12:02 AM
Great, now they will seal up all the doors and windows at Foxconn and cavity search the employees when the are allowed out. And some employees will just mysteriously disappear.
Reports that TSA is hiring Foxconn Security rejects are largely conjecture...:D
Reports that TSA is hiring Foxconn Security rejects are largely conjecture...:D
tktaylor1
Apr 23, 12:43 AM
Trump is basically the male version of Palin, so I don't want him anywhere near the whitehouse. He's way too far to the right, and I'm pretty sure he would totally mess up the country if he somehow was elected.
Then how do you feel about our current president?
Then how do you feel about our current president?
Rodimus Prime
Apr 8, 05:08 PM
Before that we have the debt ceiling limit vote. If they don't vote to raise it, I shudder to think what will happen on the stock market.
ooo did not remember that one. safe to say that will will hit that limit this time as it will be yet another pissing match for the Tea Partiers.
Sad that GOP leadership is not willing to tell them to go pound sand on some issues.
ooo did not remember that one. safe to say that will will hit that limit this time as it will be yet another pissing match for the Tea Partiers.
Sad that GOP leadership is not willing to tell them to go pound sand on some issues.
bearbo
Oct 10, 08:17 AM
Well the iMacs did get the Core 2 Dou processors after the Mac Pro. The Mac Pros came out with Core 2 Dou first.
just so you know, mac pro NEVER had, let along past tense, Core 2 Duo (or Core 2 Dou)
Woodcrest (Xeon), as much as it might have the similar technology underlying its processor, is NOT Core 2 Duo.
just so you know, mac pro NEVER had, let along past tense, Core 2 Duo (or Core 2 Dou)
Woodcrest (Xeon), as much as it might have the similar technology underlying its processor, is NOT Core 2 Duo.
flopticalcube
May 3, 11:23 AM
There's a Housewives of Nebraska??? Sounds interesting, do they keep their trailers clean? :D
No they don't. They're too busy goin' to tractor pulls and Tea Parties.
No they don't. They're too busy goin' to tractor pulls and Tea Parties.


No comments:
Post a Comment