rsdang
06-13 01:29 PM
I heard I-140 premium processing has been restarted. Is it true?
Details at -
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=62ae15d3ffd7a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
Details at -
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=62ae15d3ffd7a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

sdeshpan
07-13 09:47 AM
Hi Folks, I have a question about traveling to India...
Want to travel from US to Indore, India. As I need to change planes either Mumbai or Delhi, how does it work?
1. I came to know that in Mumbai, it is just change of terminals, not airports. Am I right?
2. How about Delhi? Once I arrive at International airport in Delhi, to catch a domestic flight to Indore, is it change of airports or just change of terminals? Is there a shuttle provided?
Thank you very much and I appreciate an accurate response...
RAYSAIKAT pretty much summed it up right...
@Mumbai...you get to the International Terminal and then depending on which domestic carrier you are flying with to Indore, most likely they will arrange for the shuttle to the Domestic Terminal. It is about a 10 min ride and you will have to pick up your luggage and go through customs/immigration before this. I know that Jet Airways (not sure about others) even checks in your bags at the Int'l terminal so you don't have to carry all that with you on the shuttle.
Having said that, if I were you I would definitely make sure that there is enough (at least 4 hrs, I feel) time between the two flights so you are not left running around gasping for breath! ;)
Sorry...not idea about Delhi...never took an Indore flight from there...only Mumbai...
Want to travel from US to Indore, India. As I need to change planes either Mumbai or Delhi, how does it work?
1. I came to know that in Mumbai, it is just change of terminals, not airports. Am I right?
2. How about Delhi? Once I arrive at International airport in Delhi, to catch a domestic flight to Indore, is it change of airports or just change of terminals? Is there a shuttle provided?
Thank you very much and I appreciate an accurate response...
RAYSAIKAT pretty much summed it up right...
@Mumbai...you get to the International Terminal and then depending on which domestic carrier you are flying with to Indore, most likely they will arrange for the shuttle to the Domestic Terminal. It is about a 10 min ride and you will have to pick up your luggage and go through customs/immigration before this. I know that Jet Airways (not sure about others) even checks in your bags at the Int'l terminal so you don't have to carry all that with you on the shuttle.
Having said that, if I were you I would definitely make sure that there is enough (at least 4 hrs, I feel) time between the two flights so you are not left running around gasping for breath! ;)
Sorry...not idea about Delhi...never took an Indore flight from there...only Mumbai...
crystal
08-16 05:00 PM
I think u need EAD to apply for SSN. But once you apply for SSN , you dont need actual card to start wroking,
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10181.html#need
Howdy fellow Aliens,
My wife's EAD just got approved. Now I have to get her a SSN so she can start working part time. Firstly I should ask can she get a SSN provided her I-485 application is filed and she has a valid EAD ? Any idea how long it takes to get the dang SSN ? I appreciate your help as always.
http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10181.html#need
Howdy fellow Aliens,
My wife's EAD just got approved. Now I have to get her a SSN so she can start working part time. Firstly I should ask can she get a SSN provided her I-485 application is filed and she has a valid EAD ? Any idea how long it takes to get the dang SSN ? I appreciate your help as always.

sivatallapaneni
04-04 03:19 PM
From Dallas.
more...
freedom1
01-20 01:20 PM
did u request a change, ex address change,..
No I did not made any change of address.
BTW, I did called the USCIS Service Center (If you can call it that), and customer rep. basically he readed it the same document back to me.
When I asked him what he meant, he said, "Your case has been approved and we sent you the approval letter."
Oh well. I have no option but to wait and see what they sent me.
I'll believe it when I see it!
Freedom1.
No I did not made any change of address.
BTW, I did called the USCIS Service Center (If you can call it that), and customer rep. basically he readed it the same document back to me.
When I asked him what he meant, he said, "Your case has been approved and we sent you the approval letter."
Oh well. I have no option but to wait and see what they sent me.
I'll believe it when I see it!
Freedom1.
bsbawa10
09-01 03:58 PM
Congrats to you....I am still waiting.
more...

Coppertop
10-06 04:11 PM
no. but you can vote for others (i think - cause I voted for dessoya)
immigration
03-12 09:22 AM
MN. You can call and tell them that you are using ITIN and will update with SSN when you have one.
more...
willigetgc?
11-15 09:14 AM
I'm trying to figure out the reasoning behind Mexico's numbers as well. According to the latest cut-off date tables http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf
Mexico has about 5,800 folks total for EB-3 in the queue so far, but we have seen very little movement in the past years. My questions to the forum:
1) Is the slow movement due to so many cases in field offices not yet reported?
2) Do family-based numbers take away from the 7% of 140K visas a year or are these solely for EB?
3) Any idea why movement is so slow for Mexico given the numbers of people currently in the queue?
Theories are welcome.
1. Yes, It is be possible that there are many cases in the field offices that are not counted
2. No, the 140K is solely for the EB category, the FB does not take any visa numbers from EB unless there is more visa numbers available than applicants...........which in the current situation is not true
Mexico has about 5,800 folks total for EB-3 in the queue so far, but we have seen very little movement in the past years. My questions to the forum:
1) Is the slow movement due to so many cases in field offices not yet reported?
2) Do family-based numbers take away from the 7% of 140K visas a year or are these solely for EB?
3) Any idea why movement is so slow for Mexico given the numbers of people currently in the queue?
Theories are welcome.
1. Yes, It is be possible that there are many cases in the field offices that are not counted
2. No, the 140K is solely for the EB category, the FB does not take any visa numbers from EB unless there is more visa numbers available than applicants...........which in the current situation is not true

nshantha
08-14 03:42 PM
I am also 7:55 NSC R williams too... no receipt yet
more...
yabadaba
06-30 03:23 PM
Gautam Agarwal...who was planning on going to Wharton based on the july bulletin... have you heard anything from the ombudsman office on this speculation of retrogression???

Ann Ruben
02-23 10:58 PM
There are basically three options in your wife's case: Do nothing, file MTR, or travel abroad to obtain visa. It is not possible to evaluate these options without knowing the basis for the denial. Knowing whether or not your wife has a pending AOS along with a valid AP is also essential for making any recommendation about how to proceed.
more...
sidd_k2002
02-11 07:46 PM
eyeswe:
Thanks for your detail explanation. I dont have any siblings in India, and i am an alone child. Regarding my savings, i have been a full time employee of the company for which i work since i was on my CPT and now as i am on my OPT. Now the question to me is that since i have about 16k dollars in my saving account right now, should i sponsor them based on my OPT or should i just remit all the amount back to india back into my fathers account, and ask him to self sponsor him.
I have heard that the visa officer does ask you about the transactions that are fairly big and failry recent ones. Woudnt it create a further doubt if i transfer this savings back to my fathers account, and be in more problem.
Please Guys , if you can share your advice here, it would be really helpful for me here. I really dont want my parents visa to get rejected the third time.
Sidd
Thanks for your detail explanation. I dont have any siblings in India, and i am an alone child. Regarding my savings, i have been a full time employee of the company for which i work since i was on my CPT and now as i am on my OPT. Now the question to me is that since i have about 16k dollars in my saving account right now, should i sponsor them based on my OPT or should i just remit all the amount back to india back into my fathers account, and ask him to self sponsor him.
I have heard that the visa officer does ask you about the transactions that are fairly big and failry recent ones. Woudnt it create a further doubt if i transfer this savings back to my fathers account, and be in more problem.
Please Guys , if you can share your advice here, it would be really helpful for me here. I really dont want my parents visa to get rejected the third time.
Sidd

jonty_11
07-02 11:50 AM
===================
Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation
have been made "available".=============
================================
I think they meant to put UNAVAILABLE there....
bastards dont know how to spell !!!
Effective Monday July 2, 2007 there will be no further authorizations inresponse to requests for Employment-based preference cases. All numbers available to these categories under the FY-2007 annual numerical limitation
have been made "available".=============
================================
I think they meant to put UNAVAILABLE there....
bastards dont know how to spell !!!
more...
bala50
02-18 10:32 AM
And it may well depend upon the demand for H1b visas this year. If there is a huge demand for H1b visas like last year, there is a good chance congress may recapture lost H1b visas. Then EB visas may also be recaptured along with H1b visas.
But I'm not sure about the demand for H1B this year , as H4 to H1 conversion will be down this year due to (most of) H4 visa holders getting EAD. Another issue is if OPT is increased to 24 months, then F1 to H1 will also fall drastically.
Fear of recession may also reduce new H1B visa demand.
But I'm not sure about the demand for H1B this year , as H4 to H1 conversion will be down this year due to (most of) H4 visa holders getting EAD. Another issue is if OPT is increased to 24 months, then F1 to H1 will also fall drastically.
Fear of recession may also reduce new H1B visa demand.
GCVivek
01-28 05:57 PM
Best is to be open about everything. PERM does not depend much on hiding facts to get approved. Ultimately, with newer checks in place, DOL or USCIS can easily find out. Best is to find out if employer needs EB2 person and can pay enough according to SOC code. Based on your qualifications and the above 2 items, you can ask employer to change your title to satisfy requirements for EB2 classification. This way everything is legal and in the open. Once you apply, no stress.....just enjoy life while you wait for GC. :)
more...

bho123
08-11 11:35 PM
I am in the same boat as you. My EAD expires on Sept 12th. Still no response from NSC center. I have few friends that I know, who filed after I did and they all have recieved their EADs. Not sure whats going on.
I would suggest you call uscis and place a request to expedite or call the congressman in your area to help expedite. I did place an expedite request and fortunately within 5 days from placing the expedite request my status changed from initial review to CPO
I would suggest you call uscis and place a request to expedite or call the congressman in your area to help expedite. I did place an expedite request and fortunately within 5 days from placing the expedite request my status changed from initial review to CPO
saxx
01-26 05:05 AM
Perlin circles man, that's great.
ReDrUmNZ
02-04 07:43 PM
I'm loving the swarm! :)
vishwak
08-20 02:23 PM
goel I know that, I have already done that twice in previous stampings at Canada. Each time I went a day before to the Scotia branch prior to my appointment. What concerns me is this statement.
If you have already scheduled to attend an appointment through NVARS, please pay your MRV fee prior to September 1, 2010
See my point?
Btw this just came out I think yesterday.
YOU NEED TO PAY FEE BEFORE SEP 1ST. SO GO TO SOCTIA BANK BEFORE 32-AUG AND PYA FEE. Take the Receipt with you when you attend interview.
Thats the mean I get.
If you have already scheduled to attend an appointment through NVARS, please pay your MRV fee prior to September 1, 2010
See my point?
Btw this just came out I think yesterday.
YOU NEED TO PAY FEE BEFORE SEP 1ST. SO GO TO SOCTIA BANK BEFORE 32-AUG AND PYA FEE. Take the Receipt with you when you attend interview.
Thats the mean I get.
gcpain
07-24 02:44 PM
I did not realize this before and even my attorney did not tell me anything about this. what is the requiremnet for passport to apply I485? same time my application was mailed today afternoon in registered post. If there is slight chance of rejecting I want to call back my application and applying with new passport. what you guys think about this?


No comments:
Post a Comment