imh1b
04-20 10:07 AM
Immigration reform is for all.....
1) Path to citizenship for undocumented workers
2) Relief to backlogged EB/FB immigration - pork for us
3) Foolproof border security and enforcement of immigration law - pork for Antis
So it's a win win for everybody. We should support this march and show our solidarity to CIR.
Any latest news on CIR?
1) Path to citizenship for undocumented workers
2) Relief to backlogged EB/FB immigration - pork for us
3) Foolproof border security and enforcement of immigration law - pork for Antis
So it's a win win for everybody. We should support this march and show our solidarity to CIR.
Any latest news on CIR?
eilsoe
10-02 02:42 PM
haha, flex, i think pom is talking about my game (project)... :P
Now where's that wallpaper section...?
Now where's that wallpaper section...?

willwin
03-11 09:09 AM
It is minimum 60 days I guess. My PWD request was lodged 1st week of Jan and still waiting.
rajenk
02-11 03:57 PM
I-485 RFE details.
Needed evidences:
1. 2 Passport size photos in USCIS specs.
2. Form I-693 completed by civil surgeon.
We did submit all these requested I-693 and photos during the initial filing. My question is, does USCIS request for new I-693 if the original one submitted is older than one year or more?
Needed evidences:
1. 2 Passport size photos in USCIS specs.
2. Form I-693 completed by civil surgeon.
We did submit all these requested I-693 and photos during the initial filing. My question is, does USCIS request for new I-693 if the original one submitted is older than one year or more?
more...
pappu
08-02 12:28 PM
Best wishes.
hopefulgc
11-08 01:45 PM
How about meeting Michelle Obama... her highness the soon to be First Lady?
Its gonna be a lot easier to get her attention than Mr. President himself.
We can all be sure that Mrs. Obama is one person who has command over his ears and anything coming from her would certainly hold his attention. Sure it is not the most honorable way to get shit done, but we'll take whatever we can get.
Let us request a formal appointment, keep it processional and classy, and raise funds so that few IVians from around washington DC can go see her in style.
Its gonna be a lot easier to get her attention than Mr. President himself.
We can all be sure that Mrs. Obama is one person who has command over his ears and anything coming from her would certainly hold his attention. Sure it is not the most honorable way to get shit done, but we'll take whatever we can get.
Let us request a formal appointment, keep it processional and classy, and raise funds so that few IVians from around washington DC can go see her in style.
more...
shana04
12-31 01:54 PM
If you had bothered to search these forums you would have got your answers in 5 minutes. However its just easier to ask something and sit there waiting, right? instead of reaching out, researching a bit?
Now that someone has answered your questions, would you consider atleast contributing (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905) to IV? The same questions you have asked here, if you ask some of the good lawyers, would have cost you $300!
Please do not hurt any ones feelings and sentiments (think about your self in that situation and then answer.
People come to IV because they think that there are some good people who would suggest and help.
And please remember one thing, if you are in a hurry and dont have time. you would not think about browing or searching, but post your quesiton. And who knows he might have even done his browsing and asking for experts opinion.
And IV is an org and it at their wish and will of individual whether to contribute or not.
so please do not force any one.
Good luck to you.
Now that someone has answered your questions, would you consider atleast contributing (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=15905) to IV? The same questions you have asked here, if you ask some of the good lawyers, would have cost you $300!
Please do not hurt any ones feelings and sentiments (think about your self in that situation and then answer.
People come to IV because they think that there are some good people who would suggest and help.
And please remember one thing, if you are in a hurry and dont have time. you would not think about browing or searching, but post your quesiton. And who knows he might have even done his browsing and asking for experts opinion.
And IV is an org and it at their wish and will of individual whether to contribute or not.
so please do not force any one.
Good luck to you.
imneedy
06-07 01:35 PM
In NJ this is how it has been for last few years.
more...
anilsal
08-24 09:50 AM
It may be true that the representatives are looking forward to the elections. But we should make an effort to make them (and maybe the folks who contest against them) knowledgeable about issues faced by Skilled "backlogged" people, in the immigration circus.
On a lighter side, sipping tea is good
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5281046.stm
There is a good news for an ardent Tea drinker in me (the only good news happening. :) )
On a lighter side, sipping tea is good
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5281046.stm
There is a good news for an ardent Tea drinker in me (the only good news happening. :) )
kate123
10-02 08:21 AM
I Filed a case with NJ DOL and the outcome was pretty fast. It took 4 months to completely resolve the case. I spoke to DOL People yesterday and they said I will get all my money back.
In your case go ahead and file a case with DOL. Once you file the case you will get a letter from DOL acknowledging your case. May be you can use this ack letter to send it to INS if any query arises.
Before you even file a case tell your exemployer to pay all your money or else tell them that you will file case with DOL, INS. Still if they dont care then,,, go ahead and file the case....
Kinu
In your case go ahead and file a case with DOL. Once you file the case you will get a letter from DOL acknowledging your case. May be you can use this ack letter to send it to INS if any query arises.
Before you even file a case tell your exemployer to pay all your money or else tell them that you will file case with DOL, INS. Still if they dont care then,,, go ahead and file the case....
Kinu
more...
whoever
01-10 07:10 PM
can you justify why chances are more of a eb relief from what numbers gang has?
GCaspirations
09-22 10:03 AM
Looks like our cases are stuck somewhere because of these transfers and donot know how long will it take to come in the streamline.
more...
niklshah
01-06 10:27 AM
February visa bulletin will be out this week any day.
What is the opinion of gurus who analysed that latest USCS numbers about dates? what do you predict?
thanks for changing the title... now let the guess work begin....
What is the opinion of gurus who analysed that latest USCS numbers about dates? what do you predict?
thanks for changing the title... now let the guess work begin....
paskal
02-14 04:33 PM
folks,
please read this carefully if you are joining up:
no members are permitted without the following info-
name, phone number, location, general info (visa status, specialty etc)
please do not ask to join without providing this info, i may not have the time to ask you again for it subsequently!
we keep the info confidential. however we discuss sensitive issues in the group and lawmaker offices often do not want public disclosure. we have to be able to identify and trust our members. we also aim to know each other, often we can answer questions or provide suggestions.
thanks for understanding!
please read this carefully if you are joining up:
no members are permitted without the following info-
name, phone number, location, general info (visa status, specialty etc)
please do not ask to join without providing this info, i may not have the time to ask you again for it subsequently!
we keep the info confidential. however we discuss sensitive issues in the group and lawmaker offices often do not want public disclosure. we have to be able to identify and trust our members. we also aim to know each other, often we can answer questions or provide suggestions.
thanks for understanding!
more...
dc2007
08-04 06:57 PM
I think lot of people here might be having similar issue, which I am having. As a consultant I have stayed at lot of addresses but my on my salary slip I try to keep the same address.
Here is the one scenario out of many:
Scenario 1:
1. My I-140 is cleared 2-3 days back (Thank GOD) and trying to file I-485 by myself (fed up with lawyers). Labor was of 2004 and applied 140 PP in May 2007. Got RFE but finally cleared.
2. I am on H1 and that H1 labor (which says the state where I can work) is of NJ. And hence my employer always puts NJ address as my address (my company address only) on my salary slips.
3. But I am staying in Virginia from Jan 2007 and I have VA license only. Apt. Lease is also on my name and all my bank addresses etc. are also of VA address. I mean if anybody wants to check my residency status, they will come to know easily that I am in VA.
4. Filed I-140 in May 2007 and cleared in July 2007. Used my Virginia address only while filing my I-140
Question 1
So, From Jan 2007 till July 2007, which address should I show - NJ or VA ?
Note: my H1 labor has NJ address only for this duration.
Scenario 2:
In 2003 and 2004 also, I stayed at lot of states but in my tax return I have shown only NJ address (one of my friend's).
Question 2
Should I use NJ address only for these 2 years - 2003 and 2004 ?
Scenario 3:
Between 2002 and 2003, I was in India for 10-11 months (but I was having valid H1 and was still employer of my H1 sponsoring company). And for the year 2002, I used NJ address (of my friend) in my tax return only.
Question 3
Which address should I use for 2002 in g-325a ? Should I mention India address as its a long period - 10 months ?
My main concern is, Is g-325 has anything to do with tax return ?
Should I make sure that my H1 labor state should match my residence address?
In general, should I put addresses as per my previous tax return or should I put the actual addresses where I have resided ?
Thanks in advance
Here is the one scenario out of many:
Scenario 1:
1. My I-140 is cleared 2-3 days back (Thank GOD) and trying to file I-485 by myself (fed up with lawyers). Labor was of 2004 and applied 140 PP in May 2007. Got RFE but finally cleared.
2. I am on H1 and that H1 labor (which says the state where I can work) is of NJ. And hence my employer always puts NJ address as my address (my company address only) on my salary slips.
3. But I am staying in Virginia from Jan 2007 and I have VA license only. Apt. Lease is also on my name and all my bank addresses etc. are also of VA address. I mean if anybody wants to check my residency status, they will come to know easily that I am in VA.
4. Filed I-140 in May 2007 and cleared in July 2007. Used my Virginia address only while filing my I-140
Question 1
So, From Jan 2007 till July 2007, which address should I show - NJ or VA ?
Note: my H1 labor has NJ address only for this duration.
Scenario 2:
In 2003 and 2004 also, I stayed at lot of states but in my tax return I have shown only NJ address (one of my friend's).
Question 2
Should I use NJ address only for these 2 years - 2003 and 2004 ?
Scenario 3:
Between 2002 and 2003, I was in India for 10-11 months (but I was having valid H1 and was still employer of my H1 sponsoring company). And for the year 2002, I used NJ address (of my friend) in my tax return only.
Question 3
Which address should I use for 2002 in g-325a ? Should I mention India address as its a long period - 10 months ?
My main concern is, Is g-325 has anything to do with tax return ?
Should I make sure that my H1 labor state should match my residence address?
In general, should I put addresses as per my previous tax return or should I put the actual addresses where I have resided ?
Thanks in advance
SL%%
06-30 08:06 AM
Just wondering, this is my case below and it has been this way since 07, does it have the same meaning as above or pretty much nothing?
================================================== ========
Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case received and pending.
On MONTH DATE, YEAR, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
================================================== ========
================================================== ========
Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS
Current Status: Case received and pending.
On MONTH DATE, YEAR, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
================================================== ========
more...
HumHongeKamiyab
03-16 11:32 AM
I am a primary applicant of GC. My question is can I take an unpaid vacation (for upto 6 months). FYI, My PD is EB3 - Aug 2003.
Does that affect my GC status in any way?
If this topic has been discussed earler, pl. point me to a correct thread.
Thanks,
Does that affect my GC status in any way?
If this topic has been discussed earler, pl. point me to a correct thread.
Thanks,
talash
10-16 08:28 PM
As for as i know they are very strict about MTR timings but if u can prove that u didnt get notice on time it may work .MTR is 580 bucks so it wouldnt hurt if u give a shot .I think if u file new labour u may loose ur old PD but im not sure about that .My 140 was denaied on A2p basis .didnt get denail notice till i mad 4 calls and asked attorney to write then but was abl to file MTR on 28th day which was sucessfull .
good luck
good luck
pappu
07-02 09:39 AM
I can file my 485 from outside the country ? I always thought that once I go out of the country i will have to refile my I140 and then 485 in consular processing.
Once you go out of the country without filing 485 or getting EAD after 485. Your 140 and LC is still valid (provided the employer has not cancelled it). If the job and position for you still exists in the company (and the company wants you for employment), you can file 485 from anywhere and go for councellor processing.
Once you go out of the country without filing 485 or getting EAD after 485. Your 140 and LC is still valid (provided the employer has not cancelled it). If the job and position for you still exists in the company (and the company wants you for employment), you can file 485 from anywhere and go for councellor processing.
knowDOL
06-20 07:14 AM
I hope supers789 gets the gist of retrogression and will plan his future accordingly for a way to live without GC for the next 3 or 4 years.
sam_austin77
12-30 09:30 PM
Thanks a lot. This helps me.
Now for this EAD, should I go thru an attorney or do it myself by the USCIS website.
you need to use EAD since you were on L1 and that cant be transferred to your new employer.
Other than that you need:
- I-140 to be approved*
- 180 dyas to pass from your I-485 receipt date.
*strictly speaking if I-140 was "approvable" at that 180 day mark, you are all set, but its safest to wait for it to be approved.
Now for this EAD, should I go thru an attorney or do it myself by the USCIS website.
you need to use EAD since you were on L1 and that cant be transferred to your new employer.
Other than that you need:
- I-140 to be approved*
- 180 dyas to pass from your I-485 receipt date.
*strictly speaking if I-140 was "approvable" at that 180 day mark, you are all set, but its safest to wait for it to be approved.


No comments:
Post a Comment