pd052009
01-03 10:41 AM
As this bill hurts big corporations, the govt may try something like this. But I sincerely doubt "Indian" Govt will seriously do something for this.
wallpaper HD Wallpapers ★ 3D Wallpaper
PavanV
11-19 07:39 PM
The OP poster was not scorning against the average american, I think you are mixing two issues up, I am sure he has done his share of charity work, and he probably sympathizes with families who don't have a job, I don't think you can direct your anger against him.
This is a capitalistic society not a communist or a socialist society, the market will/should balance itself out, new industries come up, people get hired, if the attitude of the people is protectionist, which it is, it stifles innovation and growth, which in turns stifles the growth of new companies, which in turn would have helped the folks laid off get a job. Being emotional is OK, but one must be pragmatic. That said, i believe charity begins at home, one must take care of its own kith and kin before extending arms to others.
May there be peace (Om shanti Om)
No I am not Indian, but that still makes me a H1B and greencard aplicant. So please, Antis might dislike us but that does not make them racist and hatefull against only Indians, you are not the only ones in the boat...dont make Indians the only important people here.
Plus a lot of the antis are probably people who lost a job and are finding someone to point the finger at, not right, but understandable.
I have Amercian friends who went from a good middleclass family to now being on foodstamps and not knowing how to feed their kids the next day, they dont hate me but they are upset and frustrated and scared...
Fear drives people to find a black sheep but let us not jump in there too and start hating...
Sorry but I read many many messages on forums before I finally loose my patience with the Indians only messages...lets try to not segregate but work together.:mad:
This is a capitalistic society not a communist or a socialist society, the market will/should balance itself out, new industries come up, people get hired, if the attitude of the people is protectionist, which it is, it stifles innovation and growth, which in turns stifles the growth of new companies, which in turn would have helped the folks laid off get a job. Being emotional is OK, but one must be pragmatic. That said, i believe charity begins at home, one must take care of its own kith and kin before extending arms to others.
May there be peace (Om shanti Om)
No I am not Indian, but that still makes me a H1B and greencard aplicant. So please, Antis might dislike us but that does not make them racist and hatefull against only Indians, you are not the only ones in the boat...dont make Indians the only important people here.
Plus a lot of the antis are probably people who lost a job and are finding someone to point the finger at, not right, but understandable.
I have Amercian friends who went from a good middleclass family to now being on foodstamps and not knowing how to feed their kids the next day, they dont hate me but they are upset and frustrated and scared...
Fear drives people to find a black sheep but let us not jump in there too and start hating...
Sorry but I read many many messages on forums before I finally loose my patience with the Indians only messages...lets try to not segregate but work together.:mad:

xgoogle
06-25 10:52 AM
Thanks so much for clearing our doubts.
2011 wallpaper 3d hd nature.
pdakwala
05-25 08:24 AM
It is important that we make phone calls to our senators. Here is the list of senators with their phone numbers.
Cheers
Cheers
more...
Gravitation
03-15 01:24 AM
What I understood from Ron's article:
They're not processing fast enough to exhaust visa numbers.
They want to minimize visa number wastage.
They may move dates significantly forward so that they can approve low-hanging fruits to approve as many as possible
Many people will have dates current, but few will get approved... it'll be luck of draw.
Dates will then return to retrogressed levels at the beginning of the next financial year.
However, overall visa number wastage should be much smaller than previous years as they have started moving the dates forward much sooner this time.Disclaimer: This is my interpretation of Ron's post. These are not my predictions.
Personally, I'm Pessimistic... being in India-EB3, that's not a state of mind... it's a lifestyle.
They're not processing fast enough to exhaust visa numbers.
They want to minimize visa number wastage.
They may move dates significantly forward so that they can approve low-hanging fruits to approve as many as possible
Many people will have dates current, but few will get approved... it'll be luck of draw.
Dates will then return to retrogressed levels at the beginning of the next financial year.
However, overall visa number wastage should be much smaller than previous years as they have started moving the dates forward much sooner this time.Disclaimer: This is my interpretation of Ron's post. These are not my predictions.
Personally, I'm Pessimistic... being in India-EB3, that's not a state of mind... it's a lifestyle.
mundada
09-05 04:54 PM
no you do not have to wait.
more...
waiting4gc
10-24 04:56 PM
Try Rajeev Khanna. He has helped me tremendously overcome false labor denial and has helped answer two of my friend's queries. He is a little expensive but well worth it.
Can you please suggest any good lawer for this. I talked to my lawer but he said I have to wait for the dates to be current
Thanks,
Can you please suggest any good lawer for this. I talked to my lawer but he said I have to wait for the dates to be current
Thanks,
2010 mac wallpaper hd 3d. mac
tikka
05-25 12:55 PM
any one???
New york is same day. Not sure about chicago.
Could you please send a web fax it will take less than a minute.
Thank you
New york is same day. Not sure about chicago.
Could you please send a web fax it will take less than a minute.
Thank you
more...
sukhyani
12-20 11:13 AM
Stephen Colbert on comedy central has turned out to be one of the most influential persons in the media. Along with Jon Stewart, Stephen is supposed to be one of the influencers of young minds for the last congressional elections.
I am not sure if he has really taken any stance on legal immigration. I am confident that it is favorable.
A question is whether IV has really approached Stephen. Lately, I saw Jack Welch on the show. Apparently, every congressmen who appeared on Colbert's show has won the last election.
Here is a thread on comedy central I started on this.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/message_board.jhtml?c=v&t=3456
I am damn sure that a lot of law makers (or their staff) enjoy Stephen's antics.
Stephen Colbert CERTAINLY is one of the most influential people in American Media. Especially after he made fun of Bush in front of him at White House Correspondents Dinner.
Man if we (all members of IV) can kick start a debate on legal immigration and direct the debate in a manner that Sen Sessions can be brought to spotlight for his inconsistencies, it would be a major achievement for us. Colbert has been extremely vital in shaping public opinion for democrats this November!
Excellent Find!
I am not sure if he has really taken any stance on legal immigration. I am confident that it is favorable.
A question is whether IV has really approached Stephen. Lately, I saw Jack Welch on the show. Apparently, every congressmen who appeared on Colbert's show has won the last election.
Here is a thread on comedy central I started on this.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/message_board.jhtml?c=v&t=3456
I am damn sure that a lot of law makers (or their staff) enjoy Stephen's antics.
Stephen Colbert CERTAINLY is one of the most influential people in American Media. Especially after he made fun of Bush in front of him at White House Correspondents Dinner.
Man if we (all members of IV) can kick start a debate on legal immigration and direct the debate in a manner that Sen Sessions can be brought to spotlight for his inconsistencies, it would be a major achievement for us. Colbert has been extremely vital in shaping public opinion for democrats this November!
Excellent Find!
hair wallpapers hd 3d. hd.
sidd_k2002
03-24 07:30 PM
Your status does not change to H1B till October 1st, 2009 so by default you are on OPT till that time. Now, you might want to check with your company lawyers if they are going ahead with the filing. My feeling is , they are going to go ahead with the filing since only after an H1B is laid off, USCIS is notified by the sponsoring employer. If you don't file on the April time frame, you might miss the bus for this year and your next shot comes only in April 2010. Take a moment off and think with a cool head, what do you think would be good for you and your career.
Thanks for the reply. My question though is what will happen if i get laid off before October 1 2009, and my company revokes my H1? In that case will i be able to use my remaining OPT, since i will have my H1 cancelled by my company?
Thanks for the reply. My question though is what will happen if i get laid off before October 1 2009, and my company revokes my H1? In that case will i be able to use my remaining OPT, since i will have my H1 cancelled by my company?
more...
sunny1000
10-14 12:51 AM
My girlfriend is an Australian citizen and I am an Indian citizen.
Her uncle and cousins immigrated to the US years ago and she seems to have a Family-Based Immigrant VISA under category F4.
Her parents have greencards too.
She believes her greencard was filed for her by her uncle after he got his US Citizenship.
1. Can this be the case? ( Can an uncle file a green card for a niece? Or was it filed by the cousins? )
Does she or does she not have a green card in her hand?
We were recently browsing the USCIS site and it seems she still has to maintain continious residence in the US for 3 more years to be eligible for naturalization.
This is after she receives the greencard...not merely by staying in the U.S on a non-immigrant visa. What is her legal status now?
2. Is it mandatory for green card holders to have 5 years in the US to be eligible for naturalization regardless from the country they are from?
Yes.
I mean, a lot of immigrants come from India, China etc, but applications from Australia are a lot less.
Will she, being an Australian citizen, have to wait for 5 years just like immigrants from India, China etc have to? Or can she wait in the US for less time?
All immgrants except ones in the U.S military will have to wait 5 years to become citizen AFTER obtaining the greencard (I think the spouse of an U.S citizen may get it in 3 years). There is a seperate wait time for greencard based on country of nationality. So, again, does she have a green card already or is she staying on non-immigrant visa?
3. We would love to get married soon. I don't have any immigrant or dual intent VISAs for the US nor am I very much interested in going to the US either.
However, her uncle has told her that her greencard would be revoked if she got married to me before getting her US Citizenship.
Not true.
Is this just empty an threat from her uncle or are there really restrictions on how person with a greencard can get married or not?
Spouses of green card holders who are aliens have a typical 5 year wait (especially if you are from India) to get a green card
4. Are not all greencards created equal?
Most green cards are but, the road to getting them is not equal. Also, some of the green cards have a restriction of 2 years initially (also known as conditional green cards) when you are married to a U.S citizen for example.
5. Is there any way by which we can verify, by ourselves, what is the category and type of greencard she has?
If she has a green card, that is all there is to it (unless she obtained it via marriage which may have a conditional 2 year validity initially). It is an immigrant visa without restrictions. As long as no laws are broken while receiving it and thereafter, she can apply for your green card as a spouse.
Any special serial numbers/markings/etc?
I would love to have contacts of good immigration attorneys either in Hyderabad, India or San Francisco, US in case this case is complicated
Please post this in the lawyers section so that an immigration attorney can help if he/she is from SFO.
Read between the lines for answers.
Her uncle and cousins immigrated to the US years ago and she seems to have a Family-Based Immigrant VISA under category F4.
Her parents have greencards too.
She believes her greencard was filed for her by her uncle after he got his US Citizenship.
1. Can this be the case? ( Can an uncle file a green card for a niece? Or was it filed by the cousins? )
Does she or does she not have a green card in her hand?
We were recently browsing the USCIS site and it seems she still has to maintain continious residence in the US for 3 more years to be eligible for naturalization.
This is after she receives the greencard...not merely by staying in the U.S on a non-immigrant visa. What is her legal status now?
2. Is it mandatory for green card holders to have 5 years in the US to be eligible for naturalization regardless from the country they are from?
Yes.
I mean, a lot of immigrants come from India, China etc, but applications from Australia are a lot less.
Will she, being an Australian citizen, have to wait for 5 years just like immigrants from India, China etc have to? Or can she wait in the US for less time?
All immgrants except ones in the U.S military will have to wait 5 years to become citizen AFTER obtaining the greencard (I think the spouse of an U.S citizen may get it in 3 years). There is a seperate wait time for greencard based on country of nationality. So, again, does she have a green card already or is she staying on non-immigrant visa?
3. We would love to get married soon. I don't have any immigrant or dual intent VISAs for the US nor am I very much interested in going to the US either.
However, her uncle has told her that her greencard would be revoked if she got married to me before getting her US Citizenship.
Not true.
Is this just empty an threat from her uncle or are there really restrictions on how person with a greencard can get married or not?
Spouses of green card holders who are aliens have a typical 5 year wait (especially if you are from India) to get a green card
4. Are not all greencards created equal?
Most green cards are but, the road to getting them is not equal. Also, some of the green cards have a restriction of 2 years initially (also known as conditional green cards) when you are married to a U.S citizen for example.
5. Is there any way by which we can verify, by ourselves, what is the category and type of greencard she has?
If she has a green card, that is all there is to it (unless she obtained it via marriage which may have a conditional 2 year validity initially). It is an immigrant visa without restrictions. As long as no laws are broken while receiving it and thereafter, she can apply for your green card as a spouse.
Any special serial numbers/markings/etc?
I would love to have contacts of good immigration attorneys either in Hyderabad, India or San Francisco, US in case this case is complicated
Please post this in the lawyers section so that an immigration attorney can help if he/she is from SFO.
Read between the lines for answers.
hot Collection 3D [Wallpapers HD]
ktroche
11-01 12:03 AM
Sounds familiar. Family friendsfailed to file for an I94 extension on time. I believe they are here on a tourists VISA. Their VISAs are valid for 5 more years. They have not been expired for more than 180 days (right now around 120). How "automatic" is their return I94 if they leave and come back? We are willing to sponsor their return and have financial means as necessary. Argentina is their birth country. Help!!
more...
house 2010 mac wallpaper hd 3d. mac

onemorecame
06-28 12:21 PM
The immigration bill before the U.S. Senate just died, likely preventing any more action on the volatile issue until after the 2008 presidential elections.
Supporters of President Bush's plan to legalize millions of illegal immigrants and create a new guestworker program fell 14 votes short of the 60 needed in a test vote this morning. That vote would have limited debate on the bill and cleared the way for passage later this week, but senators voted 53-46 against that plan, killing the bill.
The vote was a huge setback for President Bush, who from the beginning of his presidency has sought to change the nation's immigration laws while beefing up border security.
Republican conservatives, including Texas' U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison, opposed the plan, calling it amnesty for people who broke the law by entering the country without proper documents
Good News
Supporters of President Bush's plan to legalize millions of illegal immigrants and create a new guestworker program fell 14 votes short of the 60 needed in a test vote this morning. That vote would have limited debate on the bill and cleared the way for passage later this week, but senators voted 53-46 against that plan, killing the bill.
The vote was a huge setback for President Bush, who from the beginning of his presidency has sought to change the nation's immigration laws while beefing up border security.
Republican conservatives, including Texas' U.S. Sens. John Cornyn and Kay Bailey Hutchison, opposed the plan, calling it amnesty for people who broke the law by entering the country without proper documents
Good News
tattoo images abstract wallpaper hd
Karthikthiru
04-15 12:12 AM
Jet airways is good. My parents are coming in May with Jet Airways. Lot of my friends has told that Jet is good with leg space and very good service. They specifically said about how friendly they are with elderly people coming travelling from India. The only issue is - they fly till Newark only. But when you book they can take to any city in US.
I just want to let you know that everyone who have used Jet airways has told very good about their international service. Opinions may differ with different people
I just want to let you know that everyone who have used Jet airways has told very good about their international service. Opinions may differ with different people
more...
pictures desktop wallpaper hd 3d.
krishnam70
08-17 04:42 AM
TIN is not SSN. Employer would need SSN.
I guess we need another tracker for those who received EAD, but no SSN.
hope you are.. such issues could be taken up in appropriate forums for SSN or something like that. I thought IV is discussion issues with immigration now we are trying to discuss every other topic here. May be IP this kind of question because they already deal with all this kind of stuff.
I guess we need another tracker for those who received EAD, but no SSN.
hope you are.. such issues could be taken up in appropriate forums for SSN or something like that. I thought IV is discussion issues with immigration now we are trying to discuss every other topic here. May be IP this kind of question because they already deal with all this kind of stuff.
dresses 2011 wallpaper hd 3d. mac
dixie
10-01 01:16 PM
It is not as simple as that. PERM started only last year - march 2005 to be precise. Now imagine someone from India who has a pending LC app using the old system in EB3 in December 2004 - his application would most likely still be languishing in PBEC or DBEC. Optimisitically, assume he gets his labor approved in September 2007 (when DOL has promised to clear the backlogs) - Even assuming he gets his I-140 overnight, an end-of-2004 PD will certainly not be anywhere near current by the rate at which EB3 India dates are progressing, So that means another 4 - 6 years or so just to FILE 485. All this assuming his LC is approved - if LC gets turned down after waiting 3 years, he has to start over with a new 2007 PD !!
This is exactly the situation that one of my colleagues finds himself in.
But once they get their labor approved, they will get their I-140, via premium processing, in a day or two and their PDs will surely be current. So they will immediately be able to file for I-485, and in fact it is unlikely that the dates will retrogress behind 2001.
BUt thanks for your clarification. I used to think PERM has solved problems for all.
This is exactly the situation that one of my colleagues finds himself in.
But once they get their labor approved, they will get their I-140, via premium processing, in a day or two and their PDs will surely be current. So they will immediately be able to file for I-485, and in fact it is unlikely that the dates will retrogress behind 2001.
BUt thanks for your clarification. I used to think PERM has solved problems for all.
more...
makeup 3D Great Wallpapers HD
gc140
10-22 07:34 PM
Hello,
Please advice on this.
Application is filed under EB2 category.
In Labor certificate minimum education requirement is Master's
My I-140 is denied because of 3 years Bachelors degree.
I have 3 yrs bachelors + 2 years Masters + 4 yrs work exp.
Received RFE on 15th June 2009.
We submitted 2 education evaluations on Sept 3rd 2009, which says my Master�s degree is equivalent to US Masters Degree.
Received denial notice on 28th Sept 2009.
After denial, Lawyer is planning to file appeal with federal court.
Does anyone have the same issue?
I read about a company called Career Consulting International (CCI)on internet, it seems they can prove my 3 yrs bachelors degree is equivalent to 4 yrs US Bachelors degree.
To proof this CCI is charging a huge amount.
Does anyone have any info about CCI?
Please advice.
Thanks.
Please advice on this.
Application is filed under EB2 category.
In Labor certificate minimum education requirement is Master's
My I-140 is denied because of 3 years Bachelors degree.
I have 3 yrs bachelors + 2 years Masters + 4 yrs work exp.
Received RFE on 15th June 2009.
We submitted 2 education evaluations on Sept 3rd 2009, which says my Master�s degree is equivalent to US Masters Degree.
Received denial notice on 28th Sept 2009.
After denial, Lawyer is planning to file appeal with federal court.
Does anyone have the same issue?
I read about a company called Career Consulting International (CCI)on internet, it seems they can prove my 3 yrs bachelors degree is equivalent to 4 yrs US Bachelors degree.
To proof this CCI is charging a huge amount.
Does anyone have any info about CCI?
Please advice.
Thanks.
girlfriend 3d Hd Wallpaper
jetr
08-27 01:22 PM
>> My qn is what if company A cancels my 140?
3 year H1 extension may be denied.
>> If I get my 3yr H1 extn approved (before 140 cancellation) will my status be valid?
Yes.
____________________
Not a legal advise.
Thanks desi3933.
My followup qn to this is ..
If I get my 3yr H1 extn approved (before 140 cancellation) with company B and company A revokes my approved 140, is it possible to transfer my priority date(of the approved 140 ..which is now revoked by company A) to my new 140 filed by company B?
Thanks
3 year H1 extension may be denied.
>> If I get my 3yr H1 extn approved (before 140 cancellation) will my status be valid?
Yes.
____________________
Not a legal advise.
Thanks desi3933.
My followup qn to this is ..
If I get my 3yr H1 extn approved (before 140 cancellation) with company B and company A revokes my approved 140, is it possible to transfer my priority date(of the approved 140 ..which is now revoked by company A) to my new 140 filed by company B?
Thanks
hairstyles LuxRender 3D wallpaper HD
lost_in_migration
05-14 05:14 PM
Yeah even I think filing fees could be an important aspect
Thanks IV for your efforts on this. This is jsut personal, but I do find the timing too much of a coincidence. My thought would be related to the increase in filing fees aspect that will now net USCIS a goldmine in terms of huge filings.
Is there a timeline we can figure out that would allow for most filings to go through at the old fee structure?
That would net some savings for filers who have multiple dependents.
Just a thought.....
Thanks IV for your efforts on this. This is jsut personal, but I do find the timing too much of a coincidence. My thought would be related to the increase in filing fees aspect that will now net USCIS a goldmine in terms of huge filings.
Is there a timeline we can figure out that would allow for most filings to go through at the old fee structure?
That would net some savings for filers who have multiple dependents.
Just a thought.....
gc_relief
04-27 04:30 PM
Ya I have applied 2 months before my visa expired..Guru's any expert on this forum knows aout the period of stay after an appeal for h1 extension denial..
mkolp
07-07 11:51 AM
Good idea


No comments:
Post a Comment