sukhyani
12-20 11:13 AM
Stephen Colbert on comedy central has turned out to be one of the most influential persons in the media. Along with Jon Stewart, Stephen is supposed to be one of the influencers of young minds for the last congressional elections.
I am not sure if he has really taken any stance on legal immigration. I am confident that it is favorable.
A question is whether IV has really approached Stephen. Lately, I saw Jack Welch on the show. Apparently, every congressmen who appeared on Colbert's show has won the last election.
Here is a thread on comedy central I started on this.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/message_board.jhtml?c=v&t=3456
I am damn sure that a lot of law makers (or their staff) enjoy Stephen's antics.
Stephen Colbert CERTAINLY is one of the most influential people in American Media. Especially after he made fun of Bush in front of him at White House Correspondents Dinner.
Man if we (all members of IV) can kick start a debate on legal immigration and direct the debate in a manner that Sen Sessions can be brought to spotlight for his inconsistencies, it would be a major achievement for us. Colbert has been extremely vital in shaping public opinion for democrats this November!
Excellent Find!
I am not sure if he has really taken any stance on legal immigration. I am confident that it is favorable.
A question is whether IV has really approached Stephen. Lately, I saw Jack Welch on the show. Apparently, every congressmen who appeared on Colbert's show has won the last election.
Here is a thread on comedy central I started on this.
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/message_board.jhtml?c=v&t=3456
I am damn sure that a lot of law makers (or their staff) enjoy Stephen's antics.
Stephen Colbert CERTAINLY is one of the most influential people in American Media. Especially after he made fun of Bush in front of him at White House Correspondents Dinner.
Man if we (all members of IV) can kick start a debate on legal immigration and direct the debate in a manner that Sen Sessions can be brought to spotlight for his inconsistencies, it would be a major achievement for us. Colbert has been extremely vital in shaping public opinion for democrats this November!
Excellent Find!
wallpaper Guns N#39; Roses wallpaper,
alterego
09-22 08:49 AM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/opinion/editorials/stories/DN-inline_21edi.ART.State.Edition1.427fa5a.html
styrum
01-18 12:50 PM
INS doesn't process Labor Certification. So it was either DOL who denied Labors or INS/USCIS who denied 140's. The latter is doubtful, because 140 is filed only with an approved Labor (except for EB1s and NIW), but everything is possible with USCIS. There is a will there is a way, there is no will there are excuses (not enough visas, too many of you, too few processing capacity, we gotta protect American workers from you, damn job stealers, etc.)
2011 Tags: best 100 guns wall paper
JunRN
07-18 03:55 AM
I have this dilemma. Since schedule A is exempted from LC, the priority date of Schedule A is the filing of I-140.
My question is:
Should I need to file in July to get a "July" priority date to say that I am filing using the "July VB" or can I file in August, in which I will August PD?
If I file in August then will get August PD, shouldn't it be construed that I am using the "August VB" therefore not allowed to do AOS?
My lawyer says otherwise.
My question is:
Should I need to file in July to get a "July" priority date to say that I am filing using the "July VB" or can I file in August, in which I will August PD?
If I file in August then will get August PD, shouldn't it be construed that I am using the "August VB" therefore not allowed to do AOS?
My lawyer says otherwise.
more...
chintals
10-23 03:58 PM
Just got email from USCIS saying EAD cards were ordered.
Please see details in my signature.
Please see details in my signature.
veni001
01-18 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply
I agree that your suggestion is really smart, I am a QA engineer and I dont know why exactly i wouldnt qualify as EB2....ignore that for now
if i get an I40 with EB3 and move to another EB2 employer
It will result in me losing everything except my priority date
but my employer might not give me any paperwork which is required to retain my priority date which is the case for many employers
in that case I lose everything and need to start from scratch
Am I right?..please correct if not.....What is the nature of paperwork required to retain the priority date?
-chehuan
Copy of I140 approval notice. You can request this from USCIS using FOIA:)
I agree that your suggestion is really smart, I am a QA engineer and I dont know why exactly i wouldnt qualify as EB2....ignore that for now
if i get an I40 with EB3 and move to another EB2 employer
It will result in me losing everything except my priority date
but my employer might not give me any paperwork which is required to retain my priority date which is the case for many employers
in that case I lose everything and need to start from scratch
Am I right?..please correct if not.....What is the nature of paperwork required to retain the priority date?
-chehuan
Copy of I140 approval notice. You can request this from USCIS using FOIA:)
more...

imneedy
03-24 04:00 PM
Attorney saying she did fallow up with USCIS but she got response back that since they (USCIS) already approved my case she can only do proting when I file 484 under EB2 category.
Can you ask her to do inter-filing for I-485? I thought lawyer just need to send a letter to link new I-140 to your existing I-485 application.
Can you ask her to do inter-filing for I-485? I thought lawyer just need to send a letter to link new I-140 to your existing I-485 application.
2010 guns wallpaper
blackberry
07-05 03:14 PM
Cmon ever since independece we have never been united on any cause. I see threads from Gandhigiri(sending roses)...TO .. "no work on 13th"petition. But cmon look at the responses, e.g. no working day petions had only 75 votes , of which most are scared to put there employer name info. etc.
75 here 120 there..do you guys really think with these numbers will make our voices heard .. On the other end lot of people are happy about the revision of the July bulletin and yes that includes the ones stuck in BEC (hypocrisy check! ) and the desi employers who perhaps were fasting/praying or something for this to happen... :-)
Its a number's game. We will never make our voices heard unless we can join hundred of thousands for a cause. I appreciate what IV has attempted to do, but it's an inherent problem with people like us, every one is out there trying to get ahead of the line. If given the choice most would exploit each other to take advantage. I mentioned "desis" perhaps, the problem we face is quite fitting to people from populous nations. I think we are looking at the problem from a very micro level(green card backlog).. The glut in immigration is nothing new and represents similar issues faced in India or China etc.
I am sounding completely pessimistic, but its the harsh reality. Perhaps we are not tuned to be united, we've been raised, bred to be just competitive and anything else which is a byproduct of competition.
just my 2 cents.
pls before anyone starts shouting at my post. Throw the hypocrisy out of the door and then reply.
All i can say is ..
"There is always a first time for everything"
--
BB
75 here 120 there..do you guys really think with these numbers will make our voices heard .. On the other end lot of people are happy about the revision of the July bulletin and yes that includes the ones stuck in BEC (hypocrisy check! ) and the desi employers who perhaps were fasting/praying or something for this to happen... :-)
Its a number's game. We will never make our voices heard unless we can join hundred of thousands for a cause. I appreciate what IV has attempted to do, but it's an inherent problem with people like us, every one is out there trying to get ahead of the line. If given the choice most would exploit each other to take advantage. I mentioned "desis" perhaps, the problem we face is quite fitting to people from populous nations. I think we are looking at the problem from a very micro level(green card backlog).. The glut in immigration is nothing new and represents similar issues faced in India or China etc.
I am sounding completely pessimistic, but its the harsh reality. Perhaps we are not tuned to be united, we've been raised, bred to be just competitive and anything else which is a byproduct of competition.
just my 2 cents.
pls before anyone starts shouting at my post. Throw the hypocrisy out of the door and then reply.
All i can say is ..
"There is always a first time for everything"
--
BB
more...
qualified_trash
07-11 12:36 PM
I prefer that people who do not know how to run a business stick to option 2.
hair Wallpaper - Guns - 15
VivekAhuja
08-21 06:28 PM
You can work as many hours as you like when on H1B. The only requirement is that you work for the SAME EMPLOYER that sponsored your H1B.
Letter for parents to come if required only when getting visa at the consulate (addresses to Consular Gen.). Nothing is needed at Port Of Entry. They are Immigration Officers at POE, but the only questions they will ask is where will they stay? What is your name? where you work? etc. Simple Qs.
Letter for parents to come if required only when getting visa at the consulate (addresses to Consular Gen.). Nothing is needed at Port Of Entry. They are Immigration Officers at POE, but the only questions they will ask is where will they stay? What is your name? where you work? etc. Simple Qs.
more...
forgerator
08-20 02:07 PM
https://www.nvars.com/Production/userhome.aspx
Seems like NVARS has introduced a new process which is supposed to be more streamlined for getting appointment online but I am not sure of some of it's verbage.
We want to ensure that applicants already in the scheduling process are not negatively impacted by the change. In order to ensure you receive the visa services you have paid for, please review the guidance below regarding transition timetables.
* Applicants who have already scheduled an appointment at a U.S. consulate on or after September 1, 2010 through NVARS:
If you have already scheduled to attend an appointment through NVARS, please pay your MRV fee prior to September 1, 2010 and bring your Scotiabank receipt with you to your appointment. If you have not already scheduled an appointment, we recommend that you wait until September 1, 2010 or later to pay the MRV fee and register through the new service.
I highlighted the text in bold. My appointment is scheduled for Vancouver on Sept 8. What does this mean to me? Will I need to be physically in Canada prior to September 1, to be able to go to a Scotia bank and make payment there? This is insane. I still haven't gotten my canadian visa stamped on my passport so I can enter Canada.
Anyone aware of this or impacted by this?
Seems like NVARS has introduced a new process which is supposed to be more streamlined for getting appointment online but I am not sure of some of it's verbage.
We want to ensure that applicants already in the scheduling process are not negatively impacted by the change. In order to ensure you receive the visa services you have paid for, please review the guidance below regarding transition timetables.
* Applicants who have already scheduled an appointment at a U.S. consulate on or after September 1, 2010 through NVARS:
If you have already scheduled to attend an appointment through NVARS, please pay your MRV fee prior to September 1, 2010 and bring your Scotiabank receipt with you to your appointment. If you have not already scheduled an appointment, we recommend that you wait until September 1, 2010 or later to pay the MRV fee and register through the new service.
I highlighted the text in bold. My appointment is scheduled for Vancouver on Sept 8. What does this mean to me? Will I need to be physically in Canada prior to September 1, to be able to go to a Scotia bank and make payment there? This is insane. I still haven't gotten my canadian visa stamped on my passport so I can enter Canada.
Anyone aware of this or impacted by this?
hot hd wallpaper guns.
Steve Mitchell
March 3rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
I like. The varying tones are very interesting. I'm sure the black and white version looks better than the color.
more...
house hd wallpaper guns. kdarling
m306m
12-12 03:32 PM
Vallabhu is inaccurate. You can leave the US with an expired I94. Immigration Officials do not collect the I94 from an individual, more often it is the airline staff who collect it and pass to immigration. Also you status come into play when you enter the US. When you fly in just show your AP and I485 receipt and you should be fine.
Your wife might have a problem in leaving US with expired I94 , if the immigration officer who is collecting sees that I94 is expired she is subject to 10 year BAN unless she goes CANADA or MEXICO route where they don't collect I94's and to come back in she needs advance parole to be approved receipt may not help .
Your wife might have a problem in leaving US with expired I94 , if the immigration officer who is collecting sees that I94 is expired she is subject to 10 year BAN unless she goes CANADA or MEXICO route where they don't collect I94's and to come back in she needs advance parole to be approved receipt may not help .
tattoo More wallpapers by
retrohatao
07-17 04:08 PM
Thanks to all.
modvik,
Search in immigrationportal for "POJ" trick to know how to talk to a real person. Please do not over do it.
modvik,
Search in immigrationportal for "POJ" trick to know how to talk to a real person. Please do not over do it.
more...
pictures Creative Wallpaper Gun and an
belmontboy
04-09 05:26 PM
i'll kick start this thread myself :D
i am planning to buy a house, i would appreciate if anybody can suggest some good realtors in socal?
i am planning to buy a house, i would appreciate if anybody can suggest some good realtors in socal?
dresses viewing-the-wallpaper-guns
karan2004m
12-01 03:46 PM
I have the exact same scenario :(
i don't think anyone would be able to use first EAD filed during July/Aug time frame as I-140 itself will take more than 1 yr.. or longer who knows...money wasted on EAD.
i don't think anyone would be able to use first EAD filed during July/Aug time frame as I-140 itself will take more than 1 yr.. or longer who knows...money wasted on EAD.
more...
makeup guns wallpaper. guns wallpaper. desktop wallpaper guns. desktop wallpaper
manand24
08-03 12:20 PM
After you file your I-485, your status changes to 'Adjustment of status' or 'Adjustee'.
On this status you have 2 options to be able to work:
1) Use EAD, in that case you lose your H1-B status and if your I-485 is denied for any reason, you fall out of status immediately.
Please note that if you use EAD, you HAVE TO use AP for travel.
2) Continue using and extending your H1-B until your I-485 is approved and your status is adjusted to 'Permanent resident'.
You can switch from H1-B to EAD anytime, but there are limitations on whether you can easily switch back from EAD to H1-B.
Good luck
From what I have heard, you can be on H1B and still use AP to come back into the US. No need to get a Visa stamping for the H1B to travel.
On this status you have 2 options to be able to work:
1) Use EAD, in that case you lose your H1-B status and if your I-485 is denied for any reason, you fall out of status immediately.
Please note that if you use EAD, you HAVE TO use AP for travel.
2) Continue using and extending your H1-B until your I-485 is approved and your status is adjusted to 'Permanent resident'.
You can switch from H1-B to EAD anytime, but there are limitations on whether you can easily switch back from EAD to H1-B.
Good luck
From what I have heard, you can be on H1B and still use AP to come back into the US. No need to get a Visa stamping for the H1B to travel.
girlfriend computer wallpaper guns. view
sunny1000
02-02 09:33 AM
Thanks MC thats a valid Point.
There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.
1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.
2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.
Appreciate your time.
Regards
Karthik
If I were you, I would still renew the AP and keep it handy as your PD is still a couple of years away before becoming current. There will be no issues with a new AP pending as long as you have an approved AP in hand for the travel.
There are 2 reasons that I thought of for not applying / renewing.
1) I'm not planning on going anywhere after / atleast for a year.
2) My wife's AP filed last year took Six months to get approved and what happens if you fly out while your AP is pending / sent for renewal. I read in this forum, not fly out, while you AP is pending.
Appreciate your time.
Regards
Karthik
If I were you, I would still renew the AP and keep it handy as your PD is still a couple of years away before becoming current. There will be no issues with a new AP pending as long as you have an approved AP in hand for the travel.
hairstyles Guns Wallpapers, Guns HD
bec
11-08 02:22 PM
and maybe, get a few more puppies for the kids..nice idea. completely support it.
jungalee43
03-16 09:55 AM
Thank you very much for your post. I am in identical situation and planning to use AP to travel to India. Your post gives me some confidence to travel.
I just entered US using AP, and i am not working for my GC sponsored employer. POE is SFO, I had no issues. I will update this post with all the details tomorrow (since i am very tired after travelling). But just thought I will post this thread to let know that you may not have any issues if you dont work for the GC sponsored employer and enter using AP.
Update to my post:
Yesterday I entered US (POE = SFO) , all 3 in the family using AP. We also have one US citizen child. Used the visitors line. First level officer stamped the US citizen passport and gave it and told all 3 of us to go to the secondary. No other questions was asked.
Went to a seperate room for secondary. There were around 15 people. We placed our passports in the holder there. 3 officers were there calling each one and asking them some questions. I was very much worried abt the much dreaded question - "are you working for the same company that sponsored ur GC". But to our greatest surprise, the officer checked everything in his computer, took one of the given 3 APs, put a parole stamp until one year from yesterday and gave us back 2 copies each. We were not even called to the counter. The officer did this and bought all the passports back to the seats where we were waiting. and he told us we are all set and said "Welcome back".. We believe that they did not call us because, we had a child with us. Thats it..so no issues. So dont worry folks, i hope and pray everyone should be ok for those who use AP.
I just entered US using AP, and i am not working for my GC sponsored employer. POE is SFO, I had no issues. I will update this post with all the details tomorrow (since i am very tired after travelling). But just thought I will post this thread to let know that you may not have any issues if you dont work for the GC sponsored employer and enter using AP.
Update to my post:
Yesterday I entered US (POE = SFO) , all 3 in the family using AP. We also have one US citizen child. Used the visitors line. First level officer stamped the US citizen passport and gave it and told all 3 of us to go to the secondary. No other questions was asked.
Went to a seperate room for secondary. There were around 15 people. We placed our passports in the holder there. 3 officers were there calling each one and asking them some questions. I was very much worried abt the much dreaded question - "are you working for the same company that sponsored ur GC". But to our greatest surprise, the officer checked everything in his computer, took one of the given 3 APs, put a parole stamp until one year from yesterday and gave us back 2 copies each. We were not even called to the counter. The officer did this and bought all the passports back to the seats where we were waiting. and he told us we are all set and said "Welcome back".. We believe that they did not call us because, we had a child with us. Thats it..so no issues. So dont worry folks, i hope and pray everyone should be ok for those who use AP.
ken
04-10 01:57 PM
Then its possible.. depending from where GC was filed...
Call them and lets us know what you find out...
No my employer is not florida based
Call them and lets us know what you find out...
No my employer is not florida based


No comments:
Post a Comment