newbie2020
06-06 02:26 PM
The Statuatory limitation on the law suits is 3 yrs...if you didn't file it within 3 yrs the court may use its own discretion.
eblues
09-05 11:51 AM
Hi everyone,
I'm quite new here. I hope I'm not doing anything inappropriate by posting in this board, I've tried to use the search function to no avail.
I'm currently in the US as a J-1 exchange visitor (research scholar) to perform research at a university in Missouri. Last year I started training a sport pilot in my country and I would like to keep doing that (or rather restarting from scratch) here in the US. I'm aware of the TSA clearance required for aliens wishing to start flight training and I'm the process of obtaining it; however I've been told by the international office of my university that enrolling in a flight school could be a violation of my immigration status. They are not sure, the TSA refers me to USCIS and they (as contacted by the flight school staff) refer me back to the TSA. I'd like to shed some light on this issue.
I'd also like to make clear that the reason for my being here is completely unrelated to airplanes, flight or flight training -- I'm a computer engineer. Flying is and will continue to be just a hobby, something to do on Saturday afternoons for at most 3-4 hours a week, probably less if I won't have so much money to spend on it. I'm also already quite good at it (~25 hours under my belt) but formally I'll have to start from scratch because previous experience in the category I trained for in my country is not recognized here in the US. I'll also focus on single engine light sport aircraft, exclusively for recreational purposes (no passengers, no nothing). Obviously no matter how the flight training thing will end I'll keep working full-time during weekdays (and some more...) at the university.
Am I trying to do anything illegal or that might make me fall out of status?
Thank you everyone,
Pierluigi
I'm quite new here. I hope I'm not doing anything inappropriate by posting in this board, I've tried to use the search function to no avail.
I'm currently in the US as a J-1 exchange visitor (research scholar) to perform research at a university in Missouri. Last year I started training a sport pilot in my country and I would like to keep doing that (or rather restarting from scratch) here in the US. I'm aware of the TSA clearance required for aliens wishing to start flight training and I'm the process of obtaining it; however I've been told by the international office of my university that enrolling in a flight school could be a violation of my immigration status. They are not sure, the TSA refers me to USCIS and they (as contacted by the flight school staff) refer me back to the TSA. I'd like to shed some light on this issue.
I'd also like to make clear that the reason for my being here is completely unrelated to airplanes, flight or flight training -- I'm a computer engineer. Flying is and will continue to be just a hobby, something to do on Saturday afternoons for at most 3-4 hours a week, probably less if I won't have so much money to spend on it. I'm also already quite good at it (~25 hours under my belt) but formally I'll have to start from scratch because previous experience in the category I trained for in my country is not recognized here in the US. I'll also focus on single engine light sport aircraft, exclusively for recreational purposes (no passengers, no nothing). Obviously no matter how the flight training thing will end I'll keep working full-time during weekdays (and some more...) at the university.
Am I trying to do anything illegal or that might make me fall out of status?
Thank you everyone,
Pierluigi
sanju
11-09 12:17 AM
Did someone say beer? If you guys will bring in chips and salsa, I will get beer. Let me know if you decide for 7ish on Friday. Will be there.
Cheers,
Cheers,
R009
09-20 02:55 AM
I have similar situation, got all my Receipts and got FP appointment. My H1 expired in 1st week of September. I would like to have H1 extended but, my employer and lawyer are saying "it is not possible now, and you will get your EAD dont worry".
Is there any way that i can get my H1 extended
Is there any way that i can get my H1 extended
more...
cygent
05-28 01:49 PM
Hi Jerrome,
You should receive it in 3-4 days max. We got it in 2 days. Please ask them to recheck, or call USCIS 1-800 number or even better conduct INFOPASS where they can even resend the RFE to another address if necessary.
Generally how many days it takes to get the actual RFE in hand.
You should receive it in 3-4 days max. We got it in 2 days. Please ask them to recheck, or call USCIS 1-800 number or even better conduct INFOPASS where they can even resend the RFE to another address if necessary.
Generally how many days it takes to get the actual RFE in hand.

reddymjm
05-05 04:38 PM
You mean , if we renew our EAD will they will give for 2 Years?? confused..
Thaks,
Pal
They might Pal.
Thaks,
Pal
They might Pal.
more...
amitjoey
04-13 06:16 PM
We have some talented hardworking young men & women who are always on top of things. This group of wo/men are IV-Core. They know all the bills that are being introduced, and definately IV will support whichever one (beneficial to us) if/when it comes out (Either House/Senate). But the thing to remember is that there is a long procedure. Just because of introduction, dosent mean they would be on calendar.
Some of these bills are place-holders, some of these are just like pressure building tactics, and some are to please some big lobby (High-tech employers lobby) that "look I got the bill introduced", I care. Dosent mean that it will be on calendar. Lots of these so called bills, never make it to the calendar. It might be that one or two may get bundled into CIR.
NOW. The most important thing for us is to not get excited that this bill, or that bill has gotten introduced. We need to build on it and raise awareness. Not on the forum but by meeting our lawmakers. When lawmakers in all 50 states get some feedback one-to-one meeting with IV members, that will get them thinking. Some of them do not know that these bills are being introduced and mayget introduced.
It is our goal to highlight that this will help us, so when they go back they pay attention to our issues.
So if you havent scheduled a meeting with your congressmen, do it. Leave all the rest to the core team. They are already doing the needfull.
We should definitely support this bill. It will help reduce the EB backlog for us considerably. There are two provisions in this bill which if passed would help reduce the backlog a lot.
a) Exempt spouses and minor children of the principal applicant from employment-based immigrant visa quotas. At least half the backlog is due to dependents of the applicant using GC visas and this should reduce the backlog considerably.
b)� Exempt STEM advanced degree graduates who have 3 years of U.S. work experience as a non-immigrant from the numerical limit on employment-based immigrant visas, in addition to those who are deemed to have extraordinary ability, are outstanding professors and researchers, and whose presence is determined to be in the national interest of the United States. Another 20% of the applicants specially with indian passports would fit this category and hence thought would reduce the backlog significantly as well.
c) The most important thing about this Bill is that it offers some relief entirely for the skilled employees without associating them with the fate of illegals. There is very little controversial elements in this Bill. Remember the main bone of contention between Democrats & Republicans in CIR is about the fate of illegal immigrants and how tough an approach they should have on them. This might easily scuttle CIR this year and we might have to wait till 2009 before anything else comes up again. There is not much that the parties disagree on with regards to Hightech skilled workers and a bill such as this which offers interim relief has much better chance of being passed. Agreed some groups such as IEEE-US might oppose it (specially the provisions related H1B increase) but even IEEE-US does support sorting out the EB GC issues and backlogs and might support those provisions on this Bill.
In conclusion IV should definitely support this Bill.
$20 per month.
EB2 - PD Jan 05
Some of these bills are place-holders, some of these are just like pressure building tactics, and some are to please some big lobby (High-tech employers lobby) that "look I got the bill introduced", I care. Dosent mean that it will be on calendar. Lots of these so called bills, never make it to the calendar. It might be that one or two may get bundled into CIR.
NOW. The most important thing for us is to not get excited that this bill, or that bill has gotten introduced. We need to build on it and raise awareness. Not on the forum but by meeting our lawmakers. When lawmakers in all 50 states get some feedback one-to-one meeting with IV members, that will get them thinking. Some of them do not know that these bills are being introduced and mayget introduced.
It is our goal to highlight that this will help us, so when they go back they pay attention to our issues.
So if you havent scheduled a meeting with your congressmen, do it. Leave all the rest to the core team. They are already doing the needfull.
We should definitely support this bill. It will help reduce the EB backlog for us considerably. There are two provisions in this bill which if passed would help reduce the backlog a lot.
a) Exempt spouses and minor children of the principal applicant from employment-based immigrant visa quotas. At least half the backlog is due to dependents of the applicant using GC visas and this should reduce the backlog considerably.
b)� Exempt STEM advanced degree graduates who have 3 years of U.S. work experience as a non-immigrant from the numerical limit on employment-based immigrant visas, in addition to those who are deemed to have extraordinary ability, are outstanding professors and researchers, and whose presence is determined to be in the national interest of the United States. Another 20% of the applicants specially with indian passports would fit this category and hence thought would reduce the backlog significantly as well.
c) The most important thing about this Bill is that it offers some relief entirely for the skilled employees without associating them with the fate of illegals. There is very little controversial elements in this Bill. Remember the main bone of contention between Democrats & Republicans in CIR is about the fate of illegal immigrants and how tough an approach they should have on them. This might easily scuttle CIR this year and we might have to wait till 2009 before anything else comes up again. There is not much that the parties disagree on with regards to Hightech skilled workers and a bill such as this which offers interim relief has much better chance of being passed. Agreed some groups such as IEEE-US might oppose it (specially the provisions related H1B increase) but even IEEE-US does support sorting out the EB GC issues and backlogs and might support those provisions on this Bill.
In conclusion IV should definitely support this Bill.
$20 per month.
EB2 - PD Jan 05
pvganesh
10-23 09:47 PM
Hi,
We are filing I-140 in EB2 category in this month; I came to know from this forum that one should include 2 affidavits from past colleagues or managers with job duties if experience letters can't be obtained with job duties.
I have two questions with regard to Experience letters -
(i) My previous employer (worked in 2003 in India) is no longer in existence, and i could only get one affidavit from the client manager. I don't know now any other colleague from the company, so I�m not sure what can be done in these cases. Please advise...
(ii) I have obtained two affidavits, one from a manager and other from colleague for a previous company that i worked in 2009 in US. But the job duties they agreed to sign is not 100% equal to job duties included in PERM application for that previous experience. What i meant by difference is, wording may be slightly different or of the 6 to 7 job duties, one or two may be different. This happened because my manager advised that he could only include job duties of system analyst (per H1B petition) but my actual job duties are particular to a technology.
I'm not sure if there should be 100% match between experience letter/affidavit job duties and job duties included in PERM application for previous experiences. Please advise..
I think my thread is very long, but i feel this will help all of us to understand the legal requirement and help us avoiding any RFEs or denials in I-140.
Thanks and Regards,
PVGanesh
We are filing I-140 in EB2 category in this month; I came to know from this forum that one should include 2 affidavits from past colleagues or managers with job duties if experience letters can't be obtained with job duties.
I have two questions with regard to Experience letters -
(i) My previous employer (worked in 2003 in India) is no longer in existence, and i could only get one affidavit from the client manager. I don't know now any other colleague from the company, so I�m not sure what can be done in these cases. Please advise...
(ii) I have obtained two affidavits, one from a manager and other from colleague for a previous company that i worked in 2009 in US. But the job duties they agreed to sign is not 100% equal to job duties included in PERM application for that previous experience. What i meant by difference is, wording may be slightly different or of the 6 to 7 job duties, one or two may be different. This happened because my manager advised that he could only include job duties of system analyst (per H1B petition) but my actual job duties are particular to a technology.
I'm not sure if there should be 100% match between experience letter/affidavit job duties and job duties included in PERM application for previous experiences. Please advise..
I think my thread is very long, but i feel this will help all of us to understand the legal requirement and help us avoiding any RFEs or denials in I-140.
Thanks and Regards,
PVGanesh
more...
idesign
05-11 01:23 PM
you could try contrasting the font colors from the image a bit, to make it more readable.
rpulipati
09-07 05:01 PM
I believe in IV and its efforts.
I understand rally will help IV to demonstrate the people support.
I understand, in rally and after rally IV requests/lobbys law-makers to fix the broken immigration system system.
But can someone clarify me, what exactly IV is requesting law-makers?
1) Are we asking to re-capture visa numbers? (150K may not be sufficient for 750K applicants)
2) Remove country limit (still have to 5 years)
3) Increase the EB quota?
4) Clear all current pending Backlog labor/I-140/I-485/etc applications by 2009? This is temporary solution, but will solve the problem for now.
5) Another Immigration Reform bill for legal?
Having clear answers will help to gain support from my friends, colleagues and more and more people will be willing to join.
Thanks
I understand rally will help IV to demonstrate the people support.
I understand, in rally and after rally IV requests/lobbys law-makers to fix the broken immigration system system.
But can someone clarify me, what exactly IV is requesting law-makers?
1) Are we asking to re-capture visa numbers? (150K may not be sufficient for 750K applicants)
2) Remove country limit (still have to 5 years)
3) Increase the EB quota?
4) Clear all current pending Backlog labor/I-140/I-485/etc applications by 2009? This is temporary solution, but will solve the problem for now.
5) Another Immigration Reform bill for legal?
Having clear answers will help to gain support from my friends, colleagues and more and more people will be willing to join.
Thanks
more...
eilsoe
10-02 03:57 PM
It takes about 2 minutes to make those blobs... so, credit isn't REALLY that important with these blobs...
But yes, give credit where it belongs. :)
That's what i do too...
But yes, give credit where it belongs. :)
That's what i do too...
India76
09-17 01:38 PM
bank_king2003, Thank you for taking time to reply to my questions/concerns. Appreciate it!!
more...
namm80
04-07 10:18 PM
H1B extension beyond 6 yrs is possible under 2 circumstances:
a) Labor was filed atleast 365 days before H1B expiry date - which makes you eligible for 1 year extension (NOTE: this does not depend on priority date being current/retrogressed).
b) I-140 has been approved and priority dates are retrogressed. This makes you eligible for 3 yr extension.
So CADude should get 1 yr extension is worst case.
Coming back to your scenario, i don't think you neccessarily need copies of I-140/LC to get H1B xfr. If you have receipt #s of either, you attorney should be able to file H1B xfr case. I know of people who did that in my company. Take a printout of DOL/USCIS case status information if you have receipt # available. If you don't have receipt # as well, then i am afraid, you are out of luck and AC-21 is the only option.
ok gurus here's my situation..
1) Employer A filed my green card and I140 is approved and its been more than 180 days since 485 is filed.. no issue here... recently got my 3-year H1 extension from employer A till 2011. this extension is for 7th, 8th and 9th year... so have already crossed 6 year limit.
2) got an offer and accepted the offer from employer B and employer A does not provide any info regaring labor or I-140...
3) Since H1 extension is based on my green card application, to do a transfer or renewal, copies of I140 and labor is required (according to company B's lawyer)
4) So in this case i'm forced to use EAD and company B's lawyer are evaluating if old and new job description are same or similar...
so now my question is, is it true that transfer/renew of H1 after 6 years without the copy of I140 or labor from employer other than the one filed for your green card, not allowed? is there anything that can be done in this case?
thanks guys..
a) Labor was filed atleast 365 days before H1B expiry date - which makes you eligible for 1 year extension (NOTE: this does not depend on priority date being current/retrogressed).
b) I-140 has been approved and priority dates are retrogressed. This makes you eligible for 3 yr extension.
So CADude should get 1 yr extension is worst case.
Coming back to your scenario, i don't think you neccessarily need copies of I-140/LC to get H1B xfr. If you have receipt #s of either, you attorney should be able to file H1B xfr case. I know of people who did that in my company. Take a printout of DOL/USCIS case status information if you have receipt # available. If you don't have receipt # as well, then i am afraid, you are out of luck and AC-21 is the only option.
ok gurus here's my situation..
1) Employer A filed my green card and I140 is approved and its been more than 180 days since 485 is filed.. no issue here... recently got my 3-year H1 extension from employer A till 2011. this extension is for 7th, 8th and 9th year... so have already crossed 6 year limit.
2) got an offer and accepted the offer from employer B and employer A does not provide any info regaring labor or I-140...
3) Since H1 extension is based on my green card application, to do a transfer or renewal, copies of I140 and labor is required (according to company B's lawyer)
4) So in this case i'm forced to use EAD and company B's lawyer are evaluating if old and new job description are same or similar...
so now my question is, is it true that transfer/renew of H1 after 6 years without the copy of I140 or labor from employer other than the one filed for your green card, not allowed? is there anything that can be done in this case?
thanks guys..
indianabacklog
08-16 02:53 PM
i was on h4 visa and recently as i turned 21 i am no more dependent on my dad who is on h1 visa . i tranfered my status to f1 .But my dad applied his 1-485 recently along with my application for i-485 and he consult the lawyer too and lawyer told as i am not the main visa holder like if i was on h1 and i transferred to f1 and then apply for i-485 then my application can get rejected ; but not now as i was not the main applicant but was dependent of my father.
i dont trust everything wat lawyers say.so can anybody help me out with this issue.
It would appear that you are not giving us the entire situation. I am guessing due to the child status protection act your age is OK for dependent status due to I140 processing time take off your age at time of filing I485.
If that is the case did you transfer to F1 while waiting for your fathers priority date to become current?
If this is correct then your application should not be rejected but if you are to travel outside of the US you MUST have advance parole since being in adjustment of status makes your student visa null and void and therefore you are unable to re enter the US on the F1.
This is just what I get from what you are telling us. If this is not the case please provide full details so people can help you. However, remember we are not necessarily lawyers and our knowledge has been acquired, not learned at law school.
i dont trust everything wat lawyers say.so can anybody help me out with this issue.
It would appear that you are not giving us the entire situation. I am guessing due to the child status protection act your age is OK for dependent status due to I140 processing time take off your age at time of filing I485.
If that is the case did you transfer to F1 while waiting for your fathers priority date to become current?
If this is correct then your application should not be rejected but if you are to travel outside of the US you MUST have advance parole since being in adjustment of status makes your student visa null and void and therefore you are unable to re enter the US on the F1.
This is just what I get from what you are telling us. If this is not the case please provide full details so people can help you. However, remember we are not necessarily lawyers and our knowledge has been acquired, not learned at law school.
more...
h1b_slave
07-07 01:51 PM
Does anyone know some good lawyer/CPA who can provide guidance on such matters.
Also what if indian citizen residing in india wants to sell online to US customers ?
Also what if indian citizen residing in india wants to sell online to US customers ?
pcs
12-31 09:16 PM
I tried it a lot but could not find it. Actually a lot of us have this situation, where we want to change jobs as the market changed for good.
If you could tell me which thread has this info, it will be wonderful
Have a great 2007
If you could tell me which thread has this info, it will be wonderful
Have a great 2007
more...
lazycis
12-05 04:27 PM
AILF is a non-profit organization. You are probably right regarding AILA :)
rsdang
06-13 01:29 PM
I heard I-140 premium processing has been restarted. Is it true?
Details at -
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=62ae15d3ffd7a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
Details at -
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=62ae15d3ffd7a110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCR D&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD

njsucks
08-04 09:21 AM
from immigration-law.com
The period of 14 months may be a long time for the immigrants but a short time for the agency to eliminate tons of complicated labor certification applications.
Well. We have been waiting for so long that every day is a torture. 14 months IS a LOOOONG time on top of it. what have they been doing beforet this 14 months?
The period of 14 months may be a long time for the immigrants but a short time for the agency to eliminate tons of complicated labor certification applications.
Well. We have been waiting for so long that every day is a torture. 14 months IS a LOOOONG time on top of it. what have they been doing beforet this 14 months?
forgerator
12-17 12:19 PM
is the best way to carry cash.... If you do not want money right away, you wait until dollar appreciate...if you carry cash, it is a risk/liability...
Agreed.
I don't know about India but in Pakistan carrying cash is a huge risk. I have heard several stories of people (including relatives of some of my friends) who got robbed upon arriving at Karachi and they were carrying lots of cash / jewelry.
Why take the risk?
Agreed.
I don't know about India but in Pakistan carrying cash is a huge risk. I have heard several stories of people (including relatives of some of my friends) who got robbed upon arriving at Karachi and they were carrying lots of cash / jewelry.
Why take the risk?
EndlessWait
12-07 03:09 PM
databases for CSC and NSC are aligned and then notices are sent automatically. Unless that happens one has to wait to get the FP notice.
its so weird, Oh USCIS have mercy on us. go IV
its so weird, Oh USCIS have mercy on us. go IV


No comments:
Post a Comment