stucklabor
01-16 03:10 PM
One question i have and many others like me would be interested in knowing is a clear description on how the money collected will be spent. I understand by reading your posts that it will be totally transparent and will be detailed out every week. But its more important for people to know before hand on how and why money is needed, before they can open up their purses generously.
US-Alien,
We have posted several times that we need the money to hire a lobbyist. We got some financial quotes: it will cost up to $100K to hire a lobbyist for 4 months.
Why do we need a lobbyist:
1. We can meet Congressmen's staff on our own but it would be difficult to get appointments. Lobbyists tend to be former Congressmen or staffers with connections who can help to get apppointments.
2. With the S.1932 debacle, last minute deals were cut and the immigration provisions were removed from the conference report of the Senate and the House. We need someone who can use their contacts and find out what is going on with the bill that has our provisions in it. We need to make sure that our stuff doesn't get thrown out in another backdoor deal. During S.1932 we never got to the actual Congressmen or Senators to plead our case.
3. We need someone to tell us what exactly to tell Congressmen. We were saying all along that we need green cards because we can't buy houses, can't get promoted etc. But the one lobbyist pointed out that Congress would be much more receptive if we said we wanted to immigrate and the delay in green cards was holding up our immigration.
Does this make sense?
Please post and let me know.
I can understand that people want their money to be used effectively. But please also realize that in the bigger scheme of things, $100 is the average cable bill for 2 months. Even if we don't succeed, it is a far better use of my money than cable.
US-Alien,
We have posted several times that we need the money to hire a lobbyist. We got some financial quotes: it will cost up to $100K to hire a lobbyist for 4 months.
Why do we need a lobbyist:
1. We can meet Congressmen's staff on our own but it would be difficult to get appointments. Lobbyists tend to be former Congressmen or staffers with connections who can help to get apppointments.
2. With the S.1932 debacle, last minute deals were cut and the immigration provisions were removed from the conference report of the Senate and the House. We need someone who can use their contacts and find out what is going on with the bill that has our provisions in it. We need to make sure that our stuff doesn't get thrown out in another backdoor deal. During S.1932 we never got to the actual Congressmen or Senators to plead our case.
3. We need someone to tell us what exactly to tell Congressmen. We were saying all along that we need green cards because we can't buy houses, can't get promoted etc. But the one lobbyist pointed out that Congress would be much more receptive if we said we wanted to immigrate and the delay in green cards was holding up our immigration.
Does this make sense?
Please post and let me know.
I can understand that people want their money to be used effectively. But please also realize that in the bigger scheme of things, $100 is the average cable bill for 2 months. Even if we don't succeed, it is a far better use of my money than cable.
wallpaper from Mortal Kombat.
swaroopmukka
07-18 10:47 AM
Hello,
I have a similar situation, but different factors. My labor has been approved May 2007 and I can apply for my 140 and 485 together and I'll do it now well before Aug 16. I'm getting married and my wife would be here by September or October. She'll be on H4. I won't be applying for my EAD if she decides to be on H4. If the dates go back to say 2005, I will need to wait for my priority date of May 2007 to come CURRENT again and then only do her AOS (I'm assuming until then even my 485 won't be touched by USCIS). Once my date becomes current and my application starts processing, I'll add her immediately.
Now the only thing I'd be missing in such a case would be applying for my EAD anytime soon. If she decides to apply for H1B next year or even go on
F1, then I can apply my EAD and start using it. I'll be on my EAD and she'll be on H1/F1. When my priority date becomes current (in a few years assuming), then I can add her AOS.
Please suggest what should I do now ??
Thanks
I have a similar situation, but different factors. My labor has been approved May 2007 and I can apply for my 140 and 485 together and I'll do it now well before Aug 16. I'm getting married and my wife would be here by September or October. She'll be on H4. I won't be applying for my EAD if she decides to be on H4. If the dates go back to say 2005, I will need to wait for my priority date of May 2007 to come CURRENT again and then only do her AOS (I'm assuming until then even my 485 won't be touched by USCIS). Once my date becomes current and my application starts processing, I'll add her immediately.
Now the only thing I'd be missing in such a case would be applying for my EAD anytime soon. If she decides to apply for H1B next year or even go on
F1, then I can apply my EAD and start using it. I'll be on my EAD and she'll be on H1/F1. When my priority date becomes current (in a few years assuming), then I can add her AOS.
Please suggest what should I do now ??
Thanks
coopheal
10-07 12:21 AM
I second this. It will take 1 more year for USCIS just to come out of 2001 for EB3 I unless 5882 passes!
What should be our next steps? How do we go to public media with big bang?
What should be our next steps? How do we go to public media with big bang?
2011 mortal kombat 9 logo png.
trueguy
08-16 01:45 PM
I got a reply for these letters from my local Senator. She just said thank you for expressing my opinion about this bill and she gave me the latest status on it.
Thanks.
Thanks.
more...
dealsnet
10-09 12:54 PM
He got the nomination after 2 weeks in the office (Feb, 2009 last date for the entry). It is too early for him. We never know how he perform for next 3 years. Award must give after seeing the real work. Not by the speech by the politicians.
President Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize. Solving seemingly intractable international problems is chief on the President's foreign policy agenda. Hopefully, solving the immigration problem will remain chief on his domestic agenda.
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/10/congratulations-mr-president.html)
President Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize. Solving seemingly intractable international problems is chief on the President's foreign policy agenda. Hopefully, solving the immigration problem will remain chief on his domestic agenda.
More... (http://blogs.ilw.com/gregsiskind/2009/10/congratulations-mr-president.html)
sanju
01-13 04:41 PM
we know what you two will do after getting your GC/Citizenship..
hopefulgc will join the republican party.. you will join the ACLU :D
ACLU is too 'far right', need to think of something else, something better.
.
hopefulgc will join the republican party.. you will join the ACLU :D
ACLU is too 'far right', need to think of something else, something better.
.
more...

terriblething
06-12 10:38 AM
Thanks for your advice, buddy.
My attorney told me that DA offer is not negotiable if just from my attorney side. I knew they have not good relationship, probably they have too much un-happy fight experience before. As before my pre-trial conference, he mentioned she (DA) does not like him. :(
So that day my attorney give me 2 choice, go Trial or accept offer, I select first one. We already set a trial date at July. We have problem on strategy I think.
Yesterday, I have conference with my attorney, he told me he could try to get that offer back. I don't know if trial already set, I can still change idea??? My attorney suggest my wife mail that DA directly and tell her the truth and see if that can help reduce or dismiss the charge. Now we prepared on this.
One more thing, my charge is level 1 misdemeanor, not felony. Is that same excuse for deportation right away? What BIA stands for?
Thanks!!!!!!
This is a serious matter. Make sure that you have an attorney that understands both the immigration and criminal consequences of this charge. From your description it sounds like your attorney is just a criminal attorney.
NEVER NEVER plead guilty to this charge. Force your attorney to meet with the DA and try to get a Pre-trial diversion (in which you do not have to admit your guilt in any fashion, volunteer to do extra community service if the need be). The definition of "Aggravated Felony" is much more stricter than any state's version of Felony. On top of it all in the eyes of BIA judge this is a Domestic Battery (No matter what the state charge indicates), making you deportable right away.
I don't want to scare you but whatever happens you should not plead guilty to this charge. If nothing works out you are better of taking you chances with the trial (Especially since your wife can back you on your story).
I hope this helps... Get a competent lawyer who understands the gravity of the situation.
My attorney told me that DA offer is not negotiable if just from my attorney side. I knew they have not good relationship, probably they have too much un-happy fight experience before. As before my pre-trial conference, he mentioned she (DA) does not like him. :(
So that day my attorney give me 2 choice, go Trial or accept offer, I select first one. We already set a trial date at July. We have problem on strategy I think.
Yesterday, I have conference with my attorney, he told me he could try to get that offer back. I don't know if trial already set, I can still change idea??? My attorney suggest my wife mail that DA directly and tell her the truth and see if that can help reduce or dismiss the charge. Now we prepared on this.
One more thing, my charge is level 1 misdemeanor, not felony. Is that same excuse for deportation right away? What BIA stands for?
Thanks!!!!!!
This is a serious matter. Make sure that you have an attorney that understands both the immigration and criminal consequences of this charge. From your description it sounds like your attorney is just a criminal attorney.
NEVER NEVER plead guilty to this charge. Force your attorney to meet with the DA and try to get a Pre-trial diversion (in which you do not have to admit your guilt in any fashion, volunteer to do extra community service if the need be). The definition of "Aggravated Felony" is much more stricter than any state's version of Felony. On top of it all in the eyes of BIA judge this is a Domestic Battery (No matter what the state charge indicates), making you deportable right away.
I don't want to scare you but whatever happens you should not plead guilty to this charge. If nothing works out you are better of taking you chances with the trial (Especially since your wife can back you on your story).
I hope this helps... Get a competent lawyer who understands the gravity of the situation.
2010 mortal kombat 9 kitana
bharol
08-18 11:49 PM
Purgan,
I respect your green dots which tells you are responsible IVean, however my suggestion is not to post NumbersUSA links.
Why give them free publicity on IV resources.
Just ignore them.
Many friends and foes read IV forums so just keep this for our discussions only.
I respect your green dots which tells you are responsible IVean, however my suggestion is not to post NumbersUSA links.
Why give them free publicity on IV resources.
Just ignore them.
Many friends and foes read IV forums so just keep this for our discussions only.
more...
eb3retro
03-17 04:39 PM
Guys - I have 2 sets of questions:
1. Case 1: Re-enter on AP with a valid H1-B visa till Oct 2010 (not stamped in Passport though). What status do I have (AOS or H1-B)? This is assuming that I work for the same GC sponsoring employer. I currently have 3 copies of AP (and 3 for my wife) - will I have to turn in all 3 of them at the POE? I have read that the Immigration Officers keep 2 of the 3 APs and return one back to you. The I-94 is stamped for 1 year - what do I do after a year? Do I have to renew my AP every year to maintain my status in the US?
2. Case II: Re-enter on AP (not working for sponsoring employer - using AC 21) - Is this safe? How does one explain AC21 to the Immigration Officer..how should one answer the question: 'Who is your current employer?'
thanks in advance!
charlotte-gc
refer to my post here.. http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=230811&postcount=1
1. Case 1: Re-enter on AP with a valid H1-B visa till Oct 2010 (not stamped in Passport though). What status do I have (AOS or H1-B)? This is assuming that I work for the same GC sponsoring employer. I currently have 3 copies of AP (and 3 for my wife) - will I have to turn in all 3 of them at the POE? I have read that the Immigration Officers keep 2 of the 3 APs and return one back to you. The I-94 is stamped for 1 year - what do I do after a year? Do I have to renew my AP every year to maintain my status in the US?
2. Case II: Re-enter on AP (not working for sponsoring employer - using AC 21) - Is this safe? How does one explain AC21 to the Immigration Officer..how should one answer the question: 'Who is your current employer?'
thanks in advance!
charlotte-gc
refer to my post here.. http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showpost.php?p=230811&postcount=1
hair Mortal Kombat Logo
red200
02-05 11:52 PM
Sorry to hear about it.
Was there a RFE about any thing ?
Was there a RFE about any thing ?
more...

24fps
02-15 07:28 PM
Look, the H1 quota was not sufficient even when it was set at 115,000 pre-2000. It was only when it was set to 195,000 in 2001 that the quota exceeded demand. Now thanks to the report by USCIS last year, we know that about 20% of the H applications had fraud or technical violations. Even if you assume that the USCIS does a perfect job and catches this 20%, the quota that will be freed up won't be enough for the rest of the applicants.
The issues we face have less to do with fraud and more to do with the anti-immigration forces who dislike the 1965 immigration law. Claiming fraud, cheap labor, harm to the environment from increased population are just convenient means to couch opposition to permanent immigration in.
actually pre 2000 the visa's were available all year long , then there was a crunch due to the y2K and then when the bubble burst it shrank again.
when USCIS said 20% were fraudulent , they meant complete fraud like , people paid $$ bought in here as programmers and then worked in gas stations , driving cabs etc
and again 20% was just taken from a sample space of about 260 or so
if USCIS were to count every case where a body-shopper has a guy on bench with no pay , h1b procured when no project available that 20% will double up atleast.
the Anti-immigrant lobby will always be present whatever year/century it is , its human nature , so that fight will always be there , in boom time or recession or whatever
but this country is smarter in terms of dealing with anti-immigrants unlike UK and parts of europe where they completely cave in.
The issues we face have less to do with fraud and more to do with the anti-immigration forces who dislike the 1965 immigration law. Claiming fraud, cheap labor, harm to the environment from increased population are just convenient means to couch opposition to permanent immigration in.
actually pre 2000 the visa's were available all year long , then there was a crunch due to the y2K and then when the bubble burst it shrank again.
when USCIS said 20% were fraudulent , they meant complete fraud like , people paid $$ bought in here as programmers and then worked in gas stations , driving cabs etc
and again 20% was just taken from a sample space of about 260 or so
if USCIS were to count every case where a body-shopper has a guy on bench with no pay , h1b procured when no project available that 20% will double up atleast.
the Anti-immigrant lobby will always be present whatever year/century it is , its human nature , so that fight will always be there , in boom time or recession or whatever
but this country is smarter in terms of dealing with anti-immigrants unlike UK and parts of europe where they completely cave in.
hot mortal kombat 9 logo png.
24fps
02-15 06:58 PM
yea i hope USCIS completely cleanses the system and gets things back to the way it was pre - 2000
except for mayb 5% of the bodyshoppers ( i could be wrong as i'm not frm IT , have friends who tell me etc) rest all 95% commit fraud to some degree or the other
they need to be weeded out
except for mayb 5% of the bodyshoppers ( i could be wrong as i'm not frm IT , have friends who tell me etc) rest all 95% commit fraud to some degree or the other
they need to be weeded out
more...
house mortal kombat 9 logo png.
willwin
09-22 05:13 PM
Called everyone on the list.
tattoo mortal kombat 9
gimme_GC2006
05-06 08:48 PM
Guys!!!
No point in showing frustration. Its not our birth right. We all were well educated before we came in here. Situation changes. And system makes an adjustment. Dont blame your country( I am also from India), for no one asked us to move out. There are so many nice positions available to work for. More than 80% of us found here a better oppurtunity, because there were no competition at all in getting jobs. 1st come 1st serve.
So do not complain. They do not have any urgency to hand us over the GCs. We can only request them to do the needful on the basis of our sorry state of affairs. Again, we are still at their mecrcy.
So stop complaining. Either wait and support IV or boot out.
Very well said..I have many desi ppl at my work place who gag about H1b slavery blah-blah..Not giving GC early..
People need to understand. (Offcourse its frustrating to wait for..but no one forced us to stay here..or come here)
No point in showing frustration. Its not our birth right. We all were well educated before we came in here. Situation changes. And system makes an adjustment. Dont blame your country( I am also from India), for no one asked us to move out. There are so many nice positions available to work for. More than 80% of us found here a better oppurtunity, because there were no competition at all in getting jobs. 1st come 1st serve.
So do not complain. They do not have any urgency to hand us over the GCs. We can only request them to do the needful on the basis of our sorry state of affairs. Again, we are still at their mecrcy.
So stop complaining. Either wait and support IV or boot out.
Very well said..I have many desi ppl at my work place who gag about H1b slavery blah-blah..Not giving GC early..
People need to understand. (Offcourse its frustrating to wait for..but no one forced us to stay here..or come here)
more...
pictures mortal kombat 9 logo

sorcerer666
04-21 02:56 PM
Yes. a law will be good.
yes now go do some research about how a proposal becomes a law! Signing a petition doesn't go anywhere, its just one of the many steps to influence the lawmakers.
On your other post, your comments are the stupidest ever! So please research before saying other peoples comments stupid :P
yes now go do some research about how a proposal becomes a law! Signing a petition doesn't go anywhere, its just one of the many steps to influence the lawmakers.
On your other post, your comments are the stupidest ever! So please research before saying other peoples comments stupid :P
dresses Simply titled Mortal Kombat,
bugsbunny
04-21 01:06 PM
A Quick Question.
Can parents stay here for 5 1/2 months go back for say a month or two and come back again for 5 1\2 months? Would this pattern be suspected during visa renewal?
if its a 10 year visa...i doubt there should be a concern about visa renewal.
Hopefully in 10 years you have GC and USC :)
But to answer your question...as long as you are not overstaying the 6 months there should be no legal issues. Ofcourse there is no such guarantee as it is upto the visa issuing officer's discretion
Can parents stay here for 5 1/2 months go back for say a month or two and come back again for 5 1\2 months? Would this pattern be suspected during visa renewal?
if its a 10 year visa...i doubt there should be a concern about visa renewal.
Hopefully in 10 years you have GC and USC :)
But to answer your question...as long as you are not overstaying the 6 months there should be no legal issues. Ofcourse there is no such guarantee as it is upto the visa issuing officer's discretion
more...
makeup mortal kombat 9 logo png.
saimrathi
07-10 09:08 AM
:D
I seriously hope that the Director of the USCIS understands our "Gandhigiiri".
We dont want the Americans thinking, "hey lets keep screwing these immigrants and getting stuff like free flowers and free blood from them"
I seriously hope that the Director of the USCIS understands our "Gandhigiiri".
We dont want the Americans thinking, "hey lets keep screwing these immigrants and getting stuff like free flowers and free blood from them"
girlfriend mortal kombat 9 logo wallpaper
NNReddy
09-15 03:03 PM
I am trying to say something about my financial success instead of lifestyle.
But I have a good lifestyle too. I socialize, have parties all the time, have 2 nice kids and a nice house and a nice family. What else you want in life.
but after some time, you get bored by these things, you want to go up in your career(I am just maintaining status quo), want to do some other things, for which I need GC.
But I have a good lifestyle too. I socialize, have parties all the time, have 2 nice kids and a nice house and a nice family. What else you want in life.
but after some time, you get bored by these things, you want to go up in your career(I am just maintaining status quo), want to do some other things, for which I need GC.
hairstyles mortal kombat 9 scorpion
gc_on_demand
06-02 05:54 PM
As OBAMA is going to have meeting this monday it will clear lots of things for us.
Biggest one is if there will be a CIR or not ? if yes then what is time frame.
if he signals yes for CIR discussion ( I am not saying passing ) then all these bills will be crap. and we should start lobby and advocay. If he doesnot think for CIR for year or two then we can push for this one as we will not have any agenda left. ( Except same and simmilar job )
Biggest one is if there will be a CIR or not ? if yes then what is time frame.
if he signals yes for CIR discussion ( I am not saying passing ) then all these bills will be crap. and we should start lobby and advocay. If he doesnot think for CIR for year or two then we can push for this one as we will not have any agenda left. ( Except same and simmilar job )
saileshdude
02-06 02:30 PM
vinod,
Few days ago, the IV team was looking for genuine people who got their I-485 denied because of AC21 issues. You should try to contact them. They will be able to help you out.
Also try to write to Ombudsman of the wrongful denial. This is all if indeed your AOS was denied because of I-140 revocation and pending AOS after 180 days.
Can I ask you something? Is your case a labor substitution ? If it is,I know that if the company tries subsitute a labor for a person whose moved using AC21 for another person that is not allowed.
Few days ago, the IV team was looking for genuine people who got their I-485 denied because of AC21 issues. You should try to contact them. They will be able to help you out.
Also try to write to Ombudsman of the wrongful denial. This is all if indeed your AOS was denied because of I-140 revocation and pending AOS after 180 days.
Can I ask you something? Is your case a labor substitution ? If it is,I know that if the company tries subsitute a labor for a person whose moved using AC21 for another person that is not allowed.
terriblething
06-12 12:28 PM
Should be unanimous for guilty found??? Not by majority?
Then that's good news for us.
You knew my attorney tried me with DA question mode. I can only say it is very challenge. He will only ask Yes/No question, and interrupt you immediately if you try to explain something. I believe any man would be emotional in that scenario especially you really feel innocent.
Just an example, I have not said "push my wife to chair ", but in my statement, DA might ask "Does Police lie for his statement" I'd like to say "it is language misunderstanding". But DA would insist on Yes/No question and interrupt while you just open the mouth.
We will rehearsal more before go jury.
Thanks!!!
I am sure the jury will say that you are not guilty if your wife supports your side of the story. Remember, the verdict should be unanimous. So go for jury trial and request a court interpreter to make sure there is no language barrier.
Then that's good news for us.
You knew my attorney tried me with DA question mode. I can only say it is very challenge. He will only ask Yes/No question, and interrupt you immediately if you try to explain something. I believe any man would be emotional in that scenario especially you really feel innocent.
Just an example, I have not said "push my wife to chair ", but in my statement, DA might ask "Does Police lie for his statement" I'd like to say "it is language misunderstanding". But DA would insist on Yes/No question and interrupt while you just open the mouth.
We will rehearsal more before go jury.
Thanks!!!
I am sure the jury will say that you are not guilty if your wife supports your side of the story. Remember, the verdict should be unanimous. So go for jury trial and request a court interpreter to make sure there is no language barrier.


No comments:
Post a Comment