
kuebby
Mar 26, 07:05 PM
Typical of a company that has no business model right now; become a patent troll. Kind of a shame, Kodak used to be a great company, but they got left behind by the digital revolution.
Exactly what I was going to say. It's sad that trolling has entered real-life now, it was bad enough when it was just an online behavior propagated by children.
Exactly what I was going to say. It's sad that trolling has entered real-life now, it was bad enough when it was just an online behavior propagated by children.
Pachang
Apr 10, 08:43 PM
But it isn't all. The guy in the link is talking about raising revenue only, and since I can't find his post critiqued elsewhere (though it's quoted elsewhere), I don't know how accurate his numbers are. In any case, he doesn't seem to be including any cuts to the budget, which is ridiculous. Nor does he account for the fact that the recession has produced an ebb in tax revenues which will recede as jobs come back. It's a pretty one-dimensional argument.
That's true but I can't understand how anyone can be looking at this years budget deficit on top of the entire 14trillion+ deficit and not saying America needs huge (in the trillions) cuts and now. If his numbers are even close to right then there is just no way the US can conceivably pay off even this years deficit. What if the recovery doesn't happen fast enough or at all? The united states goes bankrupt.
IMO there is no recovery happening just fluctuations in statistics. The structural problems in the US are worse than they were in 07-08 and they are getting worse.
That's true but I can't understand how anyone can be looking at this years budget deficit on top of the entire 14trillion+ deficit and not saying America needs huge (in the trillions) cuts and now. If his numbers are even close to right then there is just no way the US can conceivably pay off even this years deficit. What if the recovery doesn't happen fast enough or at all? The united states goes bankrupt.
IMO there is no recovery happening just fluctuations in statistics. The structural problems in the US are worse than they were in 07-08 and they are getting worse.

NebulaClash
Apr 20, 06:48 PM
We're...not...normal?
Image (http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8018/airplane2shatner.jpg)
WHY THE HELL AREN'T I NOTIFIED ABOUT THESE THINGS?!? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHKd80asXy4)
No, we are not normal. The average person does not read message boards about electronic devices and the companies that build them. So, no, we are not normal. We are gadget geeks.
And I like being not normal in this way. Remember, it is never the normal people who change the world ;)
Image (http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8018/airplane2shatner.jpg)
WHY THE HELL AREN'T I NOTIFIED ABOUT THESE THINGS?!? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHKd80asXy4)
No, we are not normal. The average person does not read message boards about electronic devices and the companies that build them. So, no, we are not normal. We are gadget geeks.
And I like being not normal in this way. Remember, it is never the normal people who change the world ;)
thesmileman
Mar 11, 07:38 AM
....
more...
Lacero
Sep 17, 12:18 PM
Trying to, and successfully making eye contact on the 2nd and 3rd visit would have freaked me out. And I'm a guy! Making eye contact after having purchased something probably would have been the more appropriate action to take. Ah well...
A gorgeous girl like gets hit on constantly. She's developed a few skills to deal with it.
The worse I've had was when I asked a girl (similar to your situation) for her number and she said, "What for?" LOL. :o
A gorgeous girl like gets hit on constantly. She's developed a few skills to deal with it.
The worse I've had was when I asked a girl (similar to your situation) for her number and she said, "What for?" LOL. :o
codo
Oct 26, 03:37 PM
I couldn't agree more. I use Audition/Cool Edit Pro at work (radio production) and have yet to find a suitable replacement for it on the Mac. Soundbooth has very limited usability without being able to bounce tracks into an integrated multitrack.
What's sad is that when I saw all the audio apps available for the Mac I thought Audition level functionality would be easy to find. I couldn't have been more wrong. I have tried Soundtrack and Peak, and each are good in their own way, but neither fill the needs of a typical radio station production load. It is very frustrating to me. Ironically, I sent an e-mail to Adobe just the other day requesting that they port Audition...when I saw the headline about Soundbooth, I got really excited until I realized it was a port of Cool Edit 2000. Still, I downloaded it and will test it on my iMac.
Please Adobe...give us Audition!
I use Audition for the same purpose. I preferred the application when it was Cool Edit, I feel Adobe have bloated it out ever so slightly. But beggars can't be choosers - It's an important tool for me.
I've had a go with "SoundBooth", its literally the most basic editing pulled from the original Cool Edit code with a few effects pallets. Defiantly not enough for me. It runs well though, nice-ish interface, not sluggish. I personally wouldn't pay more than �30 - �40 for it, its just too basic.
What's sad is that when I saw all the audio apps available for the Mac I thought Audition level functionality would be easy to find. I couldn't have been more wrong. I have tried Soundtrack and Peak, and each are good in their own way, but neither fill the needs of a typical radio station production load. It is very frustrating to me. Ironically, I sent an e-mail to Adobe just the other day requesting that they port Audition...when I saw the headline about Soundbooth, I got really excited until I realized it was a port of Cool Edit 2000. Still, I downloaded it and will test it on my iMac.
Please Adobe...give us Audition!
I use Audition for the same purpose. I preferred the application when it was Cool Edit, I feel Adobe have bloated it out ever so slightly. But beggars can't be choosers - It's an important tool for me.
I've had a go with "SoundBooth", its literally the most basic editing pulled from the original Cool Edit code with a few effects pallets. Defiantly not enough for me. It runs well though, nice-ish interface, not sluggish. I personally wouldn't pay more than �30 - �40 for it, its just too basic.
more...

Queso
Dec 20, 11:24 AM
Anyone else out there listening to the Radio 1 chart countdown for the first time in years?
I've heard rumours as to who's won, but those are on the Internet and we all know everything on there is a load of old tosh :D
I've heard rumours as to who's won, but those are on the Internet and we all know everything on there is a load of old tosh :D
Mercer
Dec 18, 09:43 AM
Hear Hear iBlue,
harmless fun indeed :)
harmless fun indeed :)
more...
torbjoern
Apr 26, 01:20 AM
1680x1050 pixels in the 13" would be nice. Retina is preferable, but a bit too much to hope for... at least within the next 1.5 - 2 years
iMacZealot
Oct 16, 08:27 PM
*cough*cough*Firewire*cough*cough**cough
The treo doesn't have Firewire, and neither does the 5G iPod.
The treo doesn't have Firewire, and neither does the 5G iPod.
more...

tom_s
Nov 11, 05:11 AM
American Camera? Err.... I don't know any American brand that makes cameras... :rolleyes:
Kodak?
Kodak?
cmaier
Mar 28, 11:21 PM
i love Steve but he looks just awful.
And there's something about Steve jobs drinking Starbucks coffee that doesn't sit right with me. I don't really know why.
I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you.
And there's something about Steve jobs drinking Starbucks coffee that doesn't sit right with me. I don't really know why.
I'm sure he didn't mean to offend you.
more...

uwoelfel
Nov 15, 01:59 PM
Update: Yesterday everything worked with my DVD drive - today everything is the same as before! It won't play some of my DVDs - how strange is that? It seems that the reset made the DVD drive accept DVDs again, but only for a limited time :-(
Does anybody else in this forum have the same problem? Is there any soft fix, or does my MBP have to get ripped apart and receive new parts?
Does anybody else in this forum have the same problem? Is there any soft fix, or does my MBP have to get ripped apart and receive new parts?
leekohler
May 3, 03:25 PM
You wish! I'm staying put.
My comment merely points out the sad fact that Harper and his cronies now have free reign to sell off Canada and Canadians to the highest bidder (or corporate donor) all thanks to the sheeple who live here.
"The case against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter."
$18B surplus to $50B deficit . . .. yeh great job "real" conservatives.
We voted in criminals who flaunt the law, democracy and parliament. There are rocks smarter than us.
Like I said, get out there and fight. Do not be complacent about these people.
My comment merely points out the sad fact that Harper and his cronies now have free reign to sell off Canada and Canadians to the highest bidder (or corporate donor) all thanks to the sheeple who live here.
"The case against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter."
$18B surplus to $50B deficit . . .. yeh great job "real" conservatives.
We voted in criminals who flaunt the law, democracy and parliament. There are rocks smarter than us.
Like I said, get out there and fight. Do not be complacent about these people.
more...

bcaslis
Apr 28, 08:58 AM
Where do you think the Thunderbolt port might even go in the Air? Will it replace one of the USB ports? Doesn't seem like there's really that much room... thoughts?
The Thunderbolt port takes up no additional room. It replaces the miniDisplay port that is already on the machine.
The Thunderbolt port takes up no additional room. It replaces the miniDisplay port that is already on the machine.
Stewie
Oct 27, 01:22 AM
Ummm, yes you can.
Thanks for playing, but no you can't.
Thanks for playing, but no you can't.
more...
sab165
May 1, 04:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Congrats on finding it, will follow up on your recommendation.
Congrats on finding it, will follow up on your recommendation.

Lacero
Sep 17, 10:55 AM
One day, just rush into the store and shout "I Love You!". That should get her attention.
Pro31
Mar 24, 04:59 PM
Just bought one here locally. 328 otd after taxes. I was waiting for the 2, but could not pass this up.
canucksfan88
Mar 17, 01:51 AM
129.4/L Regular
489.83/US Gal...
dont you just love vancouver =(
489.83/US Gal...
dont you just love vancouver =(
WestonHarvey1
Apr 6, 09:40 PM
What's wrong with a keyboard or touch typing? I guess I don't see where you're going with this, as typing on a touch screen for long pieces of work or long periods of time is far less efficient. I see where the touch interface has its uses, but in some places it's just far less practical.
You *can* touch type on an iPad, though. I type long emails on it without looking at the screen. I wonder if people just assume you can't, so they don't try.
You *can* touch type on an iPad, though. I type long emails on it without looking at the screen. I wonder if people just assume you can't, so they don't try.
Queso
Dec 17, 02:48 PM
I'm just glad it's come back into the public eye. I lost a severe amount of braincells headbanging to RATM at uni, well that and the substances anyway.
Those were Good Days™ :D
Those were Good Days™ :D
chrmjenkins
Apr 29, 12:57 PM
Incorrect assumption - as a result,
...your math is wrong.
60 psi is 60 psi, period. If the tire pressure in the truck is 60 psi, then the pressure on the road is 60 psi. You can't double the tire pressure and triple the pressure on the road as a result - you'd have a truck that either bounced, or sank. Newton's laws (net vertical force = 0 for no acceleration in the vertical direction) have to be met.
It doesn't matter if my math is wrong or my assumption about surface area is wrong. The simple fact remains that the tractor trailer has 14.666 times the weight of the car but only 4.5 times the number of tires of the car. Even if that means that factor of 3.25 is completely compensated by the tire in a ratio of 60/35, you're still applying roughly double the pressure over an area 3.25 times greater, 4.5 times as often.
(regarding PSI, while I think your assumption probably roughly holds, we also have to take into account the fact that as these tires have a different composition, they are also going to dissipate weight differently. Tractor trailer tires are not only larger, but they are also thicker. That means that there is more rubber in each tire to distribute force from the truck to the road. i.e. its tendency to deform as a result of weight applied is what affects its PSI. Consider an extreme example: A fictional monster truck tire almost completely rubber with a very small chamber inside the tire. If it is sufficiently small, you could even create a vacuum inside this chamber, and the structure of the tire could still handle the stress. So, regardless of the amount of fictional weight you placed on the tire, that chamber would still have a PSI of 0 because there's no actual gas to be pressurized. Thus, if the tractor trailer tire has more structural rigidity, a higher portion of its weight is directly applied to the road via the resistance of the tire to deformation from pressure.)
...your math is wrong.
60 psi is 60 psi, period. If the tire pressure in the truck is 60 psi, then the pressure on the road is 60 psi. You can't double the tire pressure and triple the pressure on the road as a result - you'd have a truck that either bounced, or sank. Newton's laws (net vertical force = 0 for no acceleration in the vertical direction) have to be met.
It doesn't matter if my math is wrong or my assumption about surface area is wrong. The simple fact remains that the tractor trailer has 14.666 times the weight of the car but only 4.5 times the number of tires of the car. Even if that means that factor of 3.25 is completely compensated by the tire in a ratio of 60/35, you're still applying roughly double the pressure over an area 3.25 times greater, 4.5 times as often.
(regarding PSI, while I think your assumption probably roughly holds, we also have to take into account the fact that as these tires have a different composition, they are also going to dissipate weight differently. Tractor trailer tires are not only larger, but they are also thicker. That means that there is more rubber in each tire to distribute force from the truck to the road. i.e. its tendency to deform as a result of weight applied is what affects its PSI. Consider an extreme example: A fictional monster truck tire almost completely rubber with a very small chamber inside the tire. If it is sufficiently small, you could even create a vacuum inside this chamber, and the structure of the tire could still handle the stress. So, regardless of the amount of fictional weight you placed on the tire, that chamber would still have a PSI of 0 because there's no actual gas to be pressurized. Thus, if the tractor trailer tire has more structural rigidity, a higher portion of its weight is directly applied to the road via the resistance of the tire to deformation from pressure.)
thisisahughes
Mar 23, 01:15 PM
I figured this would be coming once I seen the Pioneer VSX-1021-K.


No comments:
Post a Comment