shana04
12-31 01:48 PM
L1A visa, validity May 2008
EB 1 category
I-140 receipt date July 27, 2007 & I-485 receipt date July 27, 2007.
When and how can I excercise AC 21 portability
Do I need an EAD for this
You are good to go after Jan 22 2008 for using AC21 (be on safe side until Jan 23 2008).
You can apply for EAD by your self and if you need help let me know. I have documentation for this (it is very simple and as other friends suggested, it is in IV website) but still if you need documentation let me know.
Good Luck and let us know how it went through.
All the best for you and your family.
EB 1 category
I-140 receipt date July 27, 2007 & I-485 receipt date July 27, 2007.
When and how can I excercise AC 21 portability
Do I need an EAD for this
You are good to go after Jan 22 2008 for using AC21 (be on safe side until Jan 23 2008).
You can apply for EAD by your self and if you need help let me know. I have documentation for this (it is very simple and as other friends suggested, it is in IV website) but still if you need documentation let me know.
Good Luck and let us know how it went through.
All the best for you and your family.
karn.anand
11-02 07:32 AM
i Cant see my post here. Here is the link..http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337838
garybanz
10-28 01:43 PM
I got the I-797 approval notice in mail but no card yet. I heard CARD takes few weeks.
How long did it take for the I-797 after the approval of 485? Which service center was this at?
How long did it take for the I-797 after the approval of 485? Which service center was this at?
Lasantha
03-18 04:10 PM
Welcome to IV. Wish I could help you but I don't have a clue about marriage based GC applications. Infact majority of the people here are on the Employment Based GC path but I hope someone can show you the path.
In the meantime also try these forums.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.immigration.usa/topics
They have a more diverse (Both EB and other GC applicants) mix of people in those forums. Hope that helps.
Best of luck and congratulations !!!:cool:
I'm a US-born citizen and my dear friend (now my wife) came to US from Thailand on R1/R2 Multiple Entry Visitor Visa for pleasure and to travel around with me to see the US. Though not intending to, we ultimately married while she was here on her visitor visa. See chronology below. We need to file the right forms. Please help me as this is a daunting task. If I can get some questions answered, then it will clear the clouded skies!
We both will be in the US during this process.
Me > :confused:
My Wife > :(
Here is our current situation:
1. I've been back and forth to Thailand for better part of three years for tsunami relief.
2. Met my wife doing relief work.
3. She applied for visitor visa at US Embassy in Bangkok March 2007.
4. Came first time to US May 2007
5. Married in California in July 2007 (had not intended to, but we fell in love!)
6. Returned to Thailand Sept 2007
7. Returned to US (together) Dec 2007 and are here now (March 2008)
8. Have filled out forms:
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
I-485 Permanent Res/Adjust Status
I-325A Bio for each of us
I-134 Affidavit of Support
I-765 Employment Authorization Note: is eligibility req (c)(9) correct on line 16?
I feel there are no unusual circumstances about us. We are just normal people and don't fall under any asylum, Cuban or otherwise situations. I need to know about filing what forms and which ones together. Also, which ones will require certain documentation and when should they be included. We will likely file the 130/485/325/765 concurrently. What else should we file and what do I not need to file that I've listed?
Please get me going on this and then I can stop pulling my hair out.
I discoverd this forum today and am so happy I've found it! :D
In the meantime also try these forums.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34
http://groups.google.com/group/misc.immigration.usa/topics
They have a more diverse (Both EB and other GC applicants) mix of people in those forums. Hope that helps.
Best of luck and congratulations !!!:cool:
I'm a US-born citizen and my dear friend (now my wife) came to US from Thailand on R1/R2 Multiple Entry Visitor Visa for pleasure and to travel around with me to see the US. Though not intending to, we ultimately married while she was here on her visitor visa. See chronology below. We need to file the right forms. Please help me as this is a daunting task. If I can get some questions answered, then it will clear the clouded skies!
We both will be in the US during this process.
Me > :confused:
My Wife > :(
Here is our current situation:
1. I've been back and forth to Thailand for better part of three years for tsunami relief.
2. Met my wife doing relief work.
3. She applied for visitor visa at US Embassy in Bangkok March 2007.
4. Came first time to US May 2007
5. Married in California in July 2007 (had not intended to, but we fell in love!)
6. Returned to Thailand Sept 2007
7. Returned to US (together) Dec 2007 and are here now (March 2008)
8. Have filled out forms:
I-130 Petition for Alien Relative
I-485 Permanent Res/Adjust Status
I-325A Bio for each of us
I-134 Affidavit of Support
I-765 Employment Authorization Note: is eligibility req (c)(9) correct on line 16?
I feel there are no unusual circumstances about us. We are just normal people and don't fall under any asylum, Cuban or otherwise situations. I need to know about filing what forms and which ones together. Also, which ones will require certain documentation and when should they be included. We will likely file the 130/485/325/765 concurrently. What else should we file and what do I not need to file that I've listed?
Please get me going on this and then I can stop pulling my hair out.
I discoverd this forum today and am so happy I've found it! :D
more...

sanu121
12-22 05:07 PM
Austin+1
Count me in.
Count me in.
h1techSlave
11-18 05:39 PM
Since you are from Russia it may be wiser to stick with EB3. I am assuming that the priority date for EB3 will be very close to current when you are ready to file for 485. EB2 of course is always current.
Filing in EB2 is riskier, since you and employer will have to prove to USCIS that 1. the employer has a requirement for a person with EB2 qualifications and 2. you have those qualifications.
If you were from heavily retrogressed countries such as India and China, then taking a risk and filing in EB2 is worth it. For India/China:
EB3 --> GC when you are ready to marry off your grand children
EB2 --> GC when you are ready to marry off your children
I have H1 visa and my company started processing my GG. They published some ads, and in August applied for the LC. It turned out that they used EB3. They said that LC would be ready by February next year. Then it will take 4 years minimum for other steps. I was very surprised that I was EB3 but not EB2.
I have couple of questions:
1. How long does it take if to process it using EB3... 4 years, 5 years?
2. How long does it take if to process it using EB2? I am from Russia.
3. Is it possible to switch to EB2 somehow?
4. If I apply one more time now using Eb2, would it be faster? I will lose time for LC processing.
5. At what step of GC processing can I change a compamy that I work for?
Thank you
Michael
Filing in EB2 is riskier, since you and employer will have to prove to USCIS that 1. the employer has a requirement for a person with EB2 qualifications and 2. you have those qualifications.
If you were from heavily retrogressed countries such as India and China, then taking a risk and filing in EB2 is worth it. For India/China:
EB3 --> GC when you are ready to marry off your grand children
EB2 --> GC when you are ready to marry off your children
I have H1 visa and my company started processing my GG. They published some ads, and in August applied for the LC. It turned out that they used EB3. They said that LC would be ready by February next year. Then it will take 4 years minimum for other steps. I was very surprised that I was EB3 but not EB2.
I have couple of questions:
1. How long does it take if to process it using EB3... 4 years, 5 years?
2. How long does it take if to process it using EB2? I am from Russia.
3. Is it possible to switch to EB2 somehow?
4. If I apply one more time now using Eb2, would it be faster? I will lose time for LC processing.
5. At what step of GC processing can I change a compamy that I work for?
Thank you
Michael
more...
gsthantry
12-31 05:17 PM
+1 from Dallas
chvs2000@yahoo.com
10-21 09:58 AM
Other alternative is to have your employer run the payroll for 5000 and deduct 500 from your adjusted gross income when you file taxes.
Note that you can only deduct unreimbursed work related expenses when you choose to itemize your deductions.
Note that you can only deduct unreimbursed work related expenses when you choose to itemize your deductions.
more...
Steven-T
February 12th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it would be sheer genius if Kodak was to license the Canon mount? Imagine if they offered both Nikon and Canon mounts (even better - an interchangeable mount plate so you could have it both ways on one body)!
Surely this is possible. Perhaps Canon is blocking them or it's just not cost-effective?
Don
And Fujifilm too. But I think its a "business decision" somehow, and I don't expect it will happen, when Canon is so dominant, for that market segment concerned. At least not now, not soon. I wish I am wrong.
Steven
Surely this is possible. Perhaps Canon is blocking them or it's just not cost-effective?
Don
And Fujifilm too. But I think its a "business decision" somehow, and I don't expect it will happen, when Canon is so dominant, for that market segment concerned. At least not now, not soon. I wish I am wrong.
Steven
forgerator
08-20 02:34 PM
The only thing I can think of is to get hold of some relative or friend in Canada, send them $150, have them get the Scotia Bank receipts, and fedex them over to me.
more...
sk.aggarwal
11-02 06:08 AM
Call your employer and ask him for all these documents. These are agreements between your employer and client. He should have these.
solaris27
10-15 09:21 AM
1) Will I get my DL extended till Jan 08 (based on H1b) or Sep 08 (based on EAD)?
It depends what you want to use if you use H1B then till Jan 08 and if EAD then sep 08
2) If they extend DL based on EAD, will I loose H1 status as I used EAD?
No
It depends what you want to use if you use H1B then till Jan 08 and if EAD then sep 08
2) If they extend DL based on EAD, will I loose H1 status as I used EAD?
No
more...
Dhundhun
04-15 04:04 PM
Congratulations! But I think freedom is yet months away - need to be with same employer for some more time.
abhijitp
02-12 06:13 PM
Now hang on a minute there!
There are IV volunteers leading double/triple lives juggling full time jobs, families AND full time IV work and some members have the GALL to say that:
I dont want to take the pain of "mailing the letters"
Anyone giving this excuse has ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT from this point on to complain. This is as easy as the IV core can make it! Write those letters or SUFFER IN SILENCE
Bang on.
People discuss Visa Bulletins to no end, but why don't they pick up a pen and paper to DO SOMETHING that will render Visa Bulletins virtually meaningless ("ability to file I-485 without PD being current")?
There are IV volunteers leading double/triple lives juggling full time jobs, families AND full time IV work and some members have the GALL to say that:
I dont want to take the pain of "mailing the letters"
Anyone giving this excuse has ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT from this point on to complain. This is as easy as the IV core can make it! Write those letters or SUFFER IN SILENCE
Bang on.
People discuss Visa Bulletins to no end, but why don't they pick up a pen and paper to DO SOMETHING that will render Visa Bulletins virtually meaningless ("ability to file I-485 without PD being current")?
more...
bpratap
02-03 11:05 PM
Juz curious if there is an option to get a Visitor visa without attesting the interview at consulate.
some Travel agents have told My brother in law that they can arrange for Visitor visa without going to consulate. To my knowledge its not possible. one have to attend an Interview at the consulate and do finger prints to get a visa.
Anybody have any similar experience / information ?
some Travel agents have told My brother in law that they can arrange for Visitor visa without going to consulate. To my knowledge its not possible. one have to attend an Interview at the consulate and do finger prints to get a visa.
Anybody have any similar experience / information ?

tricolor
06-20 05:12 PM
A # mentioned in the I-140 appoval notice is the one you should use. Sam, don't confuse the folks here by giving mis leading info.
more...
letstalklc
09-04 04:14 PM
I have applied for extension in June this year and got approved (July itself) for 3 years without any RFE based on I-140 approval.....
ingegarcia
05-25 08:04 AM
Fax Sent
nc14
10-05 01:16 PM
Way to go Pappu and IV.
loudobbs
09-25 11:21 AM
before the new quota begins..
Any ideas how many visas are left? I still see a few approvals in ...
Could we see more approvals coming starting Oct 1 st?
I am getting desperate. MY PD is Aug 03 EB2 and it is current. Every day is a torture working for my current employer...
my last resort will be AC-21 Jan 2008
Any ideas how many visas are left? I still see a few approvals in ...
Could we see more approvals coming starting Oct 1 st?
I am getting desperate. MY PD is Aug 03 EB2 and it is current. Every day is a torture working for my current employer...
my last resort will be AC-21 Jan 2008
senthil1
06-12 07:22 PM
It will take weeks to write the draft of the bill. Then atleast 1 month debate about the bill. So it will take 2 to 3 months even if everything is positive. Even if they are serious they may not have enough time to pass CIR. So 2010 may be right time for CIR.
Congressman scheduled a meeting for Family and Employment based victims. I had a talk with their office , they would like to listen individual stories at the hall. I am planning to attend this tomorrow. CO state chapter please join this .
http://polis.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=129256
Congressman scheduled a meeting for Family and Employment based victims. I had a talk with their office , they would like to listen individual stories at the hall. I am planning to attend this tomorrow. CO state chapter please join this .
http://polis.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=129256


No comments:
Post a Comment