newuser
05-14 10:26 AM
If your PD is in May'06 or early Jun'06, I think paying a visit to USCIS center won't hurt. Checking online status is a waste of time. At least you'll know what's going on with it. The IO I went to was very nice lady and gave me all the details. I thought that there would a line of GC aspirants like me :) waiting in USCIS center (in bay area) but to my surprise it was empty! Hope this helps
Did you make an appointment?
Did you make an appointment?
wallpaper i Miss You All Guys Slideshow
devamanohar
10-07 12:33 PM
My daughter is now 22 years old and filed I-485 on behalf of me in the year 2007. That time she was only 19 years.
Now she is planning to get married before getting a green card. Her bride-groom is H-1 visa and not applied for labor. Will her I- 485 application be cancelled?.
I am also porting to eb-2 in the next three months. I am hoping to get green card may be after Sept 2011.
Suppose she gets married before the green card what will happend to her case. Please I need advise.
Now she is planning to get married before getting a green card. Her bride-groom is H-1 visa and not applied for labor. Will her I- 485 application be cancelled?.
I am also porting to eb-2 in the next three months. I am hoping to get green card may be after Sept 2011.
Suppose she gets married before the green card what will happend to her case. Please I need advise.
chosenone52
10-03 09:05 PM
Well I dont understand you guys... Why the hell u start cursing... If i was a Devil or what so ever taking a illegal route... I wouldnot have posted this question here but would have gone the route and started the process
Btw before cursing.. at least think twice...
and wat about all those desi who work with consultancy who stay on bench etc etc ... where does Oct 2nd/ gone for them..,..? I am sure people who cursed me were one of them !
Infact ateast I am open and willing to ask people before taking any unethical step or wrong step...!
Guys u need to change the attitude... either answer and help..or just dont take out your GC pain in form of curse on other members!
Btw before cursing.. at least think twice...
and wat about all those desi who work with consultancy who stay on bench etc etc ... where does Oct 2nd/ gone for them..,..? I am sure people who cursed me were one of them !
Infact ateast I am open and willing to ask people before taking any unethical step or wrong step...!
Guys u need to change the attitude... either answer and help..or just dont take out your GC pain in form of curse on other members!
2011 korea.. i miss you all and
jnraajan
03-14 02:04 PM
Yes. You are in status. Filing for I-485 provides you legal status. If you are without project for too long, transferring H1b might not be an option. But you can work on EAD. You will not be out of status.
Good luck with your job hunt.
Good luck with your job hunt.
more...
dpp
07-31 04:18 PM
Hey everyone,
I am from Florida and just filed my I-485. I went to the DMV yesterday to renew my drivers license and something unexpected happened. They took away my old license and gave a temporary one valid for 30 days. They also said they will have to verify my immigration status and once this is done they will mail my new drivers license. Has anyone had such an experience? How long did it take to get your new license?
Its a common practice. Don't worry, you will get your new DL in mail before 30 days. Samething happened to me when i moved to Maryland state, they took my old DL and gave the new DL. You cannot have more than one DL at any time and so they have to take the old one.
I am from Florida and just filed my I-485. I went to the DMV yesterday to renew my drivers license and something unexpected happened. They took away my old license and gave a temporary one valid for 30 days. They also said they will have to verify my immigration status and once this is done they will mail my new drivers license. Has anyone had such an experience? How long did it take to get your new license?
Its a common practice. Don't worry, you will get your new DL in mail before 30 days. Samething happened to me when i moved to Maryland state, they took my old DL and gave the new DL. You cannot have more than one DL at any time and so they have to take the old one.

rajivkumarverma
10-15 09:52 PM
From India
in Chemical Technology 4 Yeards B.Tech degree
HBTI Kanpur UP
in Chemical Technology 4 Yeards B.Tech degree
HBTI Kanpur UP
more...
senram
01-04 12:22 AM
It is possible that India might take this to WTO. But that is a long shot and by the time result comes it will be 2 years or more and law itself is irrelevant.
It's all gas gas gas... Manmohan Singh is heading one of the most corrupt & messy govt. in the history of India. All the ministers are busy looting the country and would like to make most in the remaining 3 years of their terms. Forget they will do anything that would benefit anybody else but themselves..it's only that overexcited journos ask the ministers what they will do and without even thinking they vomit nonsenses. Think logically how this can be a WTO issue, it is completely in their jurisdiction whatever fees they may want to charge, take it or move on...nobody is forcing them to use the expensive Visas ?
It's all gas gas gas... Manmohan Singh is heading one of the most corrupt & messy govt. in the history of India. All the ministers are busy looting the country and would like to make most in the remaining 3 years of their terms. Forget they will do anything that would benefit anybody else but themselves..it's only that overexcited journos ask the ministers what they will do and without even thinking they vomit nonsenses. Think logically how this can be a WTO issue, it is completely in their jurisdiction whatever fees they may want to charge, take it or move on...nobody is forcing them to use the expensive Visas ?
2010 i miss you more than quotes. i

knowDOL
08-15 11:34 AM
Any PERM case filed before July 25th 2005 was taking long time because of system problems. But this long is a news to me. I wish you good luck and hope that it will get cleared soon.
more...

HV000
03-09 01:49 PM
Can somebody suggest/recommend a good immigration attorney in Chicago for filing G-28 and filing AC21? Thanks!!
hair I miss you all!
chehuan
01-25 02:53 PM
BS + 5 years experience or Master +2 years
more...
bitzbytz
03-10 10:08 PM
Never an issue with Money2Transfer. Best service of all and multiple options. Been using it for close to 10 yrs now. Latest interest rates for FD in india is 9.25%. Time to send more again
hot I miss you texting me all day
drirshad
07-01 06:20 PM
For all the nights of no sleep and days of uncertainty. Ready to go to the end of the tunnel this time .....
more...
house My Dear Friends. i Will Miss
waitingmygc
10-19 05:44 PM
For a case like you best bet will be "Immigration Law Group".
IMMIGRATION LAW GROUP LLP (http://www.immigrationlawgroup.net/)
Note: Its merely my personal onion.
IMMIGRATION LAW GROUP LLP (http://www.immigrationlawgroup.net/)
Note: Its merely my personal onion.
tattoo Love you all, miss you all.
arunsush
07-24 04:14 PM
My I 140 was rejected in April 2007 because USCIS thought that my company couldnt show the ability to pay. My PD was 2003 August.
My attorney filed an appeal, and now he suggests, that we file fresh I 140 and I 485 using the same Labor approval from original PD.
I asked her, whether it was allowed, because I was thinking about filing fresh PERM under the impression that since My I 140 was rejected, I lost my PD.
I need help from the GURUs here. Is the above possible?
My attorney says that when an appeal is pending, once can file a new I 140 and get that approved (so it replaces that appeal). And the benefit would be I will be able to file I 485 right now along with I 140.
Please help me out. I need to act soon on this.
Many thanks in Advance.......
Your attorney is correct. Make sure your approved labor is not more than 180 days old. Starting 16th July the validity of labor expires beyond 180 days.
My attorney filed an appeal, and now he suggests, that we file fresh I 140 and I 485 using the same Labor approval from original PD.
I asked her, whether it was allowed, because I was thinking about filing fresh PERM under the impression that since My I 140 was rejected, I lost my PD.
I need help from the GURUs here. Is the above possible?
My attorney says that when an appeal is pending, once can file a new I 140 and get that approved (so it replaces that appeal). And the benefit would be I will be able to file I 485 right now along with I 140.
Please help me out. I need to act soon on this.
Many thanks in Advance.......
Your attorney is correct. Make sure your approved labor is not more than 180 days old. Starting 16th July the validity of labor expires beyond 180 days.
more...
pictures We miss you all so much.
raysaikat
09-02 08:43 AM
You are on EAD. When you fill your I-9 form with the EAD info. your on EAD...but USCIS doesnt know about this...its up to the Employer to inform the USCIS but usually (or generally) the employer don't inform the USCIS,however I don't think its mandatory to inform USCIS. In any case its not on your shoulder to inform the USCIS.
So, what I would do, is save the I-9 form (it must have the date when you signed) and pay-stubs...just to show that you have been on EAD, should you get any RFE regarding the status.
Thanks....
This is not correct. The OP's status is not determined by what he files in the I-9 form. The determining factor is the I-94 form, the latest one that is valid. If the OP got an I-94 attached to his I-797 form (usually one does), then s/he is in H1-B from the day printed on the I-94 form regardless how long does the EAD remain valid.
AFAIK, if the OP wishes to remain on F-1 EAD, s/he can go out of the country before the H1-B I-94 starting date (Oct 1?) and reenter US on F-1 visa (i.e., the I-94 given at the port of entry would be for F-1). I do not know if there is any risk involved, or what would happen to the H1-B approval.
---------
I am not a lawyer. Use at your own risk any information given by me.
So, what I would do, is save the I-9 form (it must have the date when you signed) and pay-stubs...just to show that you have been on EAD, should you get any RFE regarding the status.
Thanks....
This is not correct. The OP's status is not determined by what he files in the I-9 form. The determining factor is the I-94 form, the latest one that is valid. If the OP got an I-94 attached to his I-797 form (usually one does), then s/he is in H1-B from the day printed on the I-94 form regardless how long does the EAD remain valid.
AFAIK, if the OP wishes to remain on F-1 EAD, s/he can go out of the country before the H1-B I-94 starting date (Oct 1?) and reenter US on F-1 visa (i.e., the I-94 given at the port of entry would be for F-1). I do not know if there is any risk involved, or what would happen to the H1-B approval.
---------
I am not a lawyer. Use at your own risk any information given by me.
dresses i miss you quotes for friends.
mena
11-14 12:59 PM
Hi,
Do anyone knows what kind of additional information is requested for Travel Document. Here is the message I see online:
Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.
On November 13, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
Do anyone knows what kind of additional information is requested for Travel Document. Here is the message I see online:
Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: We mailed you a notice requesting additional evidence.
On November 13, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
more...
makeup Do you all miss anybody?
kaisersose
07-27 02:48 PM
Thanks. I will ask my employer if they can provide me one.
The Labor is of no use to you, except to feel secure that they indeed applied for your Labor. But since you have already applied for your 485 and have an RD, it is obvious there was a labor and that is all you really need.
Since you have already applied for 485, a 140 copy would be pretty much useless too. I would not sweat it out.
For AC21, it is better to have a 485 receipt copy. Make sure you get that. You will also need it if you travel outside the US before your AP arrives.
The Labor is of no use to you, except to feel secure that they indeed applied for your Labor. But since you have already applied for your 485 and have an RD, it is obvious there was a labor and that is all you really need.
Since you have already applied for 485, a 140 copy would be pretty much useless too. I would not sweat it out.
For AC21, it is better to have a 485 receipt copy. Make sure you get that. You will also need it if you travel outside the US before your AP arrives.
girlfriend I miss you texting me all day
GCFROMOHIO
01-12 12:12 AM
Please refrain from claiming any unemployment benefits while on EAD and 485 pending.
Urgent Help Needed!!!!!! IO with State Police at home today morning. (http://www..com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/237011787/urgent-help-needed-io-with-state-police-at-home-today-morning)
Thanks
Urgent Help Needed!!!!!! IO with State Police at home today morning. (http://www..com/usa-discussion-forums/i485-eb/237011787/urgent-help-needed-io-with-state-police-at-home-today-morning)
Thanks
hairstyles i miss you all my friends

joshi_tushar
03-02 07:54 PM
I HAD SAME SITUATION FEW DAYS A GO, MY ATTORNEY TOLD ME THAT I NEED TO GO OUT OF COUNTRY ATLEAST FOR WEEK OR NEED TO FILE FOR H1B EXT.
I CHOSE TO FILE FOR EXT AS MY H1 WAS EXPERING AS WELL.
BUT FOR HER SHE MUST GO OUT BEFORE HER I-94 EXPIRES
i AM NO ATTORNEY PLEASE CONFIRM WITH 1.
I CHOSE TO FILE FOR EXT AS MY H1 WAS EXPERING AS WELL.
BUT FOR HER SHE MUST GO OUT BEFORE HER I-94 EXPIRES
i AM NO ATTORNEY PLEASE CONFIRM WITH 1.
yabadaba
06-24 12:41 PM
the free ead/ap is based on the $1010 fee for 485..so if u file ur 485 now.. u r pretty much in the non free group
Dhundhun
07-09 10:36 PM
Can the docs be sent thru Fedex??
I am not sure of USCIS P.O. Box address, but in general Fedex can't be sent to USPS P.O. Box.
Very rarely USCIS gives street address for sending application.
I am not sure of USCIS P.O. Box address, but in general Fedex can't be sent to USPS P.O. Box.
Very rarely USCIS gives street address for sending application.


No comments:
Post a Comment