eb3retro
09-12 10:40 PM
same situation...
sent to USCIS Texas on June 29, received on JUly 2nd at 10:25 AM. no receipts and no checks cashed yet. the USCIS receipting notice Texas said that they have finished receipting July 2 appl. what happened to our appl then?
pls anyone who filed july 2 at texas and with the same info who got their cks cashed and receipts rec, kindly share here. tnx!
hi maru, welcome to IV. think abt joining IV in the DC Rally? Would you?
sent to USCIS Texas on June 29, received on JUly 2nd at 10:25 AM. no receipts and no checks cashed yet. the USCIS receipting notice Texas said that they have finished receipting July 2 appl. what happened to our appl then?
pls anyone who filed july 2 at texas and with the same info who got their cks cashed and receipts rec, kindly share here. tnx!
hi maru, welcome to IV. think abt joining IV in the DC Rally? Would you?
gee_see
04-15 10:16 AM
I got my approval y'day from TSC. This marks the end of GC journey. Been with same employer since Aug 1999 ( 9 Long years...........).
Singer
11-22 08:33 AM
Hello VictimOfGc,
Thank you for your first reply.
I gad lost my password and read your previous post only yesterday.
As you know, the decision of denying my husband's and mine I-485 could not be not appealed. I have also never stated the uscis denial reason, as I did not have it when I posted my question. They have stated that we had traveled abroad without Advance Parole, so they were considering that we have abandoned our GC petition. We came back to the country with my O-1 visa and my husband O-3.
The first problem raised by a friend of mine lawyer (I did not have a lawyer retained anymore) was that uscis violated my constitutional rights. They SHOULD have sent me an official letter back in August stating that they were reopening or intended to reopen my 485 case! Nothing was sent. Beside my I-140 and my RFE on the I485 I did not receive anything else. So even if legally they were "right" to deny my 485, uscis has comited SO many mistakes on my case that I have been told they could let it slide on this one.
From that moment on I have decided that I will fight them till the end and that I would not pay them one cent! Because at the end of the day, it is all about money and more money in their "crooks" pocket. I contacted my Congresswoman, my Senator, and a Congressman from another state than mine. I had gathered all the proofs and all documentations for the last 3 years and posted them on a server, so everyone involved could review them. Those three elected officials called them and spoke to uscis congressional liaison. This went on for two weeks.
Friday the 13th we received our green cards!
Thank you for your first reply.
I gad lost my password and read your previous post only yesterday.
As you know, the decision of denying my husband's and mine I-485 could not be not appealed. I have also never stated the uscis denial reason, as I did not have it when I posted my question. They have stated that we had traveled abroad without Advance Parole, so they were considering that we have abandoned our GC petition. We came back to the country with my O-1 visa and my husband O-3.
The first problem raised by a friend of mine lawyer (I did not have a lawyer retained anymore) was that uscis violated my constitutional rights. They SHOULD have sent me an official letter back in August stating that they were reopening or intended to reopen my 485 case! Nothing was sent. Beside my I-140 and my RFE on the I485 I did not receive anything else. So even if legally they were "right" to deny my 485, uscis has comited SO many mistakes on my case that I have been told they could let it slide on this one.
From that moment on I have decided that I will fight them till the end and that I would not pay them one cent! Because at the end of the day, it is all about money and more money in their "crooks" pocket. I contacted my Congresswoman, my Senator, and a Congressman from another state than mine. I had gathered all the proofs and all documentations for the last 3 years and posted them on a server, so everyone involved could review them. Those three elected officials called them and spoke to uscis congressional liaison. This went on for two weeks.
Friday the 13th we received our green cards!
sanju
06-30 03:55 PM
EDITED BY MODERATOR FOR CONTENT:
Does not mean to say this in any disrespectful way but the analogy I can draw for Ombudsman and Gautam is –
Ombudsman ****************************** make as much noise as he wants but people can just chose to look in the other direction and ignore. Ombudsman has no power whatsoever. Reading the Washington Post article about Dick Cheney and learning from it how this administration works, I ask myself a question - when would someone get up to kick ombudsman ****************as he is simply documenting the inefficiencies of USCIS and this administration.
Gautam – I saw this guy in CA at Rep Gutierrez meeting. ***************************************This guy talked to Rep Gutierrez in a derogatory and condescending manner and such immature behavior doesn't help the cause and it spoils the environment.
FYI, ombudsman office replies to most people who write to them. They conduct bi-weekly conference call to find out problems of the people. They do it only to include these problems in their year end report. The objective is to document and show that ombudsman is doing what they are supposed to do i.e. document problems for the YEAR END REPORT.
Gautam Agarwal...who was planning on going to Wharton based on the july bulletin... have you heard anything from the ombudsman office on this speculation of retrogression???
Does not mean to say this in any disrespectful way but the analogy I can draw for Ombudsman and Gautam is –
Ombudsman ****************************** make as much noise as he wants but people can just chose to look in the other direction and ignore. Ombudsman has no power whatsoever. Reading the Washington Post article about Dick Cheney and learning from it how this administration works, I ask myself a question - when would someone get up to kick ombudsman ****************as he is simply documenting the inefficiencies of USCIS and this administration.
Gautam – I saw this guy in CA at Rep Gutierrez meeting. ***************************************This guy talked to Rep Gutierrez in a derogatory and condescending manner and such immature behavior doesn't help the cause and it spoils the environment.
FYI, ombudsman office replies to most people who write to them. They conduct bi-weekly conference call to find out problems of the people. They do it only to include these problems in their year end report. The objective is to document and show that ombudsman is doing what they are supposed to do i.e. document problems for the YEAR END REPORT.
Gautam Agarwal...who was planning on going to Wharton based on the july bulletin... have you heard anything from the ombudsman office on this speculation of retrogression???
more...
ultimo
10-02 10:03 AM
u can apply 4 student loan . Even if ur credit is bad u will get SL
sidd_k2002
02-10 05:10 PM
Hello All,
I am in a very odd situation which i would like to explain and get help from people here. I am a computer science student,who came on a F1 visa in USA in Jan 2007. I studied hard, and got good grades , and thereby got an internship in a good company immediately after 1 year , in Feb 2008. I was working on CPT(Curicullar practical training i.e work permit),which was full time, until Jan 2009 ,when i graduated.
Now i want to call my parents on a Vistors B category visa for my graduation.
I have a full time job since one year, so i am thinking of the fact , whether i could send a sponsorship letter to them in order for them to visit for my graduation ceremony. I have already taken a invitation letter from my school to invite them. Following are the points of my concern.
1: It was shown 2 years back that my father sponsored me for my education. So is it fair enough to show that i am sponsoring him immediately after 2 years?. Please note that i m still on F1 visa, and working now on my OPT. (My H1 will be filed this time in April 2009)
2: I read in a forum that students cannot sponsor there parents for there visitors visa for there graduation, because they are the ones ,who take there sponsorship, when they come for there studies. Is this true enough, even if i am working for 1 year now.
3: My father has already retired from a bank job, so he is not working. All his funds are in FDs (about 7 lacs), with a liquid cash of around 8 lacs in the bank, and a pension amount of 9,000 rs per month( which is quite low to tell to the visa officer). Is it okay for him to show his self sponsorship for him and my mother in this case? Will these funds be okay? If he is retired then will his income be not asked by the officer.
4: My parents visa has got rejected twice 3 years back, when they were trying to visit USA, under the sponsorship of my cousin. Then will this thing affect the issue this time again?
Friends i really want my parents to visit me for my graduation this MAY.They are in a dilemma about what to do in this situation. Please advice me in this case.
Thanks in advance
I am in a very odd situation which i would like to explain and get help from people here. I am a computer science student,who came on a F1 visa in USA in Jan 2007. I studied hard, and got good grades , and thereby got an internship in a good company immediately after 1 year , in Feb 2008. I was working on CPT(Curicullar practical training i.e work permit),which was full time, until Jan 2009 ,when i graduated.
Now i want to call my parents on a Vistors B category visa for my graduation.
I have a full time job since one year, so i am thinking of the fact , whether i could send a sponsorship letter to them in order for them to visit for my graduation ceremony. I have already taken a invitation letter from my school to invite them. Following are the points of my concern.
1: It was shown 2 years back that my father sponsored me for my education. So is it fair enough to show that i am sponsoring him immediately after 2 years?. Please note that i m still on F1 visa, and working now on my OPT. (My H1 will be filed this time in April 2009)
2: I read in a forum that students cannot sponsor there parents for there visitors visa for there graduation, because they are the ones ,who take there sponsorship, when they come for there studies. Is this true enough, even if i am working for 1 year now.
3: My father has already retired from a bank job, so he is not working. All his funds are in FDs (about 7 lacs), with a liquid cash of around 8 lacs in the bank, and a pension amount of 9,000 rs per month( which is quite low to tell to the visa officer). Is it okay for him to show his self sponsorship for him and my mother in this case? Will these funds be okay? If he is retired then will his income be not asked by the officer.
4: My parents visa has got rejected twice 3 years back, when they were trying to visit USA, under the sponsorship of my cousin. Then will this thing affect the issue this time again?
Friends i really want my parents to visit me for my graduation this MAY.They are in a dilemma about what to do in this situation. Please advice me in this case.
Thanks in advance
more...
mamunda
07-17 07:09 PM
I am from Africa..my Priority date is 9-2004 - Labor, and I 140 approved. havent filed the 485 yet - But i guess I will....So my question was if i get married like in Dec or so...can i apply for the GC for my wife...Thanks! Cheers..Just joined today.....this site rocks!
Ps how do i post like a new topic without replying... and I am on h 1 b paper only..not stamped in passport..exp 6-2009
Ps how do i post like a new topic without replying... and I am on h 1 b paper only..not stamped in passport..exp 6-2009
eb3retro
09-12 03:40 PM
Not in the system yet, and no checks cashed.
Submitted: June 30, 2007
Reached USCIS: July 2nd, 2007
Signed for by: J.Barrett @ 10:25 AM
I have no clue as to what is going on here ...worrying indeed.
welcome to IV. Please join IV in the DC rally.
Submitted: June 30, 2007
Reached USCIS: July 2nd, 2007
Signed for by: J.Barrett @ 10:25 AM
I have no clue as to what is going on here ...worrying indeed.
welcome to IV. Please join IV in the DC rally.
more...
desi485
11-02 03:45 PM
You are very welcome...
Consular processing is way faster is what I was told.
I heard one case in my company (person worked for my employer prior to I joined) who successfully did consular processing. He got his GC almost 2 to 3 years ahead of his co-worker who both filed labor at the same time. The only difference is: one person chose to do consular processing and other one (who was delayed by 2 - 3 years) opted for adjustment of status.
I was told this by my other co-workers after I joined this company however I too never thought of consular processing as it is something not familer to me. I do not know much details how this whole process works. If anyone knows, please share with rest of us.:confused:
Consular processing is way faster is what I was told.
I heard one case in my company (person worked for my employer prior to I joined) who successfully did consular processing. He got his GC almost 2 to 3 years ahead of his co-worker who both filed labor at the same time. The only difference is: one person chose to do consular processing and other one (who was delayed by 2 - 3 years) opted for adjustment of status.
I was told this by my other co-workers after I joined this company however I too never thought of consular processing as it is something not familer to me. I do not know much details how this whole process works. If anyone knows, please share with rest of us.:confused:

paskal
03-03 05:51 PM
Hello there,
This is great news although I have a question. My wife is a endodontist (dentist, speciality in root canal surgery), (H1, EB2 India). She teaches at a university and practises in there. She has some publications as well (she does not qualify for EB1, as we dont want to go for a tenure track) Will she qualify under this physicians bill? She has 6 years experience in this filed.
Thank you
unfortunately though i suspect that the Conrad programs define participants as "physicians" which presumably does not include dentists...how about you check with your state health department?
This is great news although I have a question. My wife is a endodontist (dentist, speciality in root canal surgery), (H1, EB2 India). She teaches at a university and practises in there. She has some publications as well (she does not qualify for EB1, as we dont want to go for a tenure track) Will she qualify under this physicians bill? She has 6 years experience in this filed.
Thank you
unfortunately though i suspect that the Conrad programs define participants as "physicians" which presumably does not include dentists...how about you check with your state health department?
more...
WaitingYaar
07-08 03:06 PM
And what are your filing details?
txh1b
04-15 10:51 AM
Loooong road ahead! Good luck. Hope it gets approved as it might be tough to get a labor approved in this economy.
more...

jsb
08-13 09:26 PM
EB2 India
PD 5/2004
I-140 approved 6/2006 TSC
I-485 delivered Jul 2, NSC
LUD on I-140 7/28/2007
No receipts or check cashing yet
Hi,
My application reached NSC on july 2nd 10.25 am & the LUD on my I-140 was changed on July 28th still no receipt notice or the cheque got cashed. No idea whatz going????
So I guess the LUD change is nothing relevant to I-485 filing.
Thanks & Regds
MV
PD 5/2004
I-140 approved 6/2006 TSC
I-485 delivered Jul 2, NSC
LUD on I-140 7/28/2007
No receipts or check cashing yet
Hi,
My application reached NSC on july 2nd 10.25 am & the LUD on my I-140 was changed on July 28th still no receipt notice or the cheque got cashed. No idea whatz going????
So I guess the LUD change is nothing relevant to I-485 filing.
Thanks & Regds
MV
dreamworld
07-17 04:44 PM
D. JULY EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY
After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.
After consulting with Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Visa Office advises readers that Visa Bulletin #107 (dated June 12) should be relied upon as the current July Visa Bulletin for purposes of determining Employment visa number availability, and that Visa Bulletin #108 (dated July 2) is hereby withdrawn.
more...
jliechty
May 19th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Could you post a similar crop of a problem image?
First idea: put the lens to manual focus, and try that on a tripod. Perhaps the focus point got moved, and the camera is attempting to focus on black sky? This test would attempt to eliminate that.
On the other hand, with the changing size of the moon, the camera could be overexposing more than it did in your first example (if that turns out to be the case, I'll explain why, so you can avoid it in the future). :)
First idea: put the lens to manual focus, and try that on a tripod. Perhaps the focus point got moved, and the camera is attempting to focus on black sky? This test would attempt to eliminate that.
On the other hand, with the changing size of the moon, the camera could be overexposing more than it did in your first example (if that turns out to be the case, I'll explain why, so you can avoid it in the future). :)
radhay
11-04 12:38 PM
More than likely you will be called for interview in 2 months. That is what happend in my case. However since there are no visas when they completed my interview my application was put on hold.
more...
Desy
11-01 11:14 PM
Wonderful idea... can IV support this too...
sdeshpan
07-22 02:53 PM
If the I-140 has been approved, you are entitled to use the PD on any subsequent I-140 unless it is revoked based on fraud or misrepresentation.
Hello Ann - Is that the case even if the new job has a slightly different job profile than the first one that you have an approved I-140 for? Is there anything specific to keep in mind in terms of same/similar job classification?
Thanks!
Hello Ann - Is that the case even if the new job has a slightly different job profile than the first one that you have an approved I-140 for? Is there anything specific to keep in mind in terms of same/similar job classification?
Thanks!
sidbee
02-22 12:37 PM
I am not a lawyer , and this is not a legal advise.
According to my study , and talk with some lawyers .. Yes it could be same.
But if the Job description is same (not more than 50% different) , then u cannot use the experienced gained in the previous job with the same employer.
Eg .
You had 7 years of experience , and u worked as a software engineer (which required BS + 3 years of exp in c), and Ur company filed Ur GC in eb3.
Now u get promoted to Senior Software Engineer (which required BS + 6 years of exp in c),Now if u had 6 years of exp in c before joining this company in the previous job. you should be eligible to file in EB2 based on Ur previous work ex.
Talk to Ur attorney about the points i mentioned.
According to my study , and talk with some lawyers .. Yes it could be same.
But if the Job description is same (not more than 50% different) , then u cannot use the experienced gained in the previous job with the same employer.
Eg .
You had 7 years of experience , and u worked as a software engineer (which required BS + 3 years of exp in c), and Ur company filed Ur GC in eb3.
Now u get promoted to Senior Software Engineer (which required BS + 6 years of exp in c),Now if u had 6 years of exp in c before joining this company in the previous job. you should be eligible to file in EB2 based on Ur previous work ex.
Talk to Ur attorney about the points i mentioned.
immigc06
08-14 02:13 PM
ok. Any other suggestions?.
I think you should go to lawyer and resolve this.
I think you should go to lawyer and resolve this.
rolrblade
02-28 07:28 AM
what is your PD, catagory and country please?
What does his PD, category and country have to do with anything in his question?
Anyways, what I believe is happening is USCIS wants to make sure of your continued legal status in the country and also to make sure that there are no SIGNIFICANT gaps in status.
Haing said that I believe that your attorney is correct, in that if you filed extension before expiry of the H1 you should be fine. The Pearsons memo also states "a reasonable time" for you to find another job, so your 20 days should be just fine.
Just make sure your attroney writes a good response back and not just sends the I-797's.
What does his PD, category and country have to do with anything in his question?
Anyways, what I believe is happening is USCIS wants to make sure of your continued legal status in the country and also to make sure that there are no SIGNIFICANT gaps in status.
Haing said that I believe that your attorney is correct, in that if you filed extension before expiry of the H1 you should be fine. The Pearsons memo also states "a reasonable time" for you to find another job, so your 20 days should be just fine.
Just make sure your attroney writes a good response back and not just sends the I-797's.


No comments:
Post a Comment