benji888
Feb 24, 09:37 PM
What a waste of taxpayers money. Here is a great idea, learn to be a parent!
AGREED!
This is VERY SIMPLE people! The person with the iTunes account simply needs to SIGN OUT BEFORE handing the device to the child!!
People in this country just don't want to take responsibility for their ignorance! And common sense seems to have gone away at the rapid pace of lawsuits over anything and everything over the last couple decades or so. ...maybe they did this on purpose because they thought they could sue Apple and get big $$$.
AGREED!
This is VERY SIMPLE people! The person with the iTunes account simply needs to SIGN OUT BEFORE handing the device to the child!!
People in this country just don't want to take responsibility for their ignorance! And common sense seems to have gone away at the rapid pace of lawsuits over anything and everything over the last couple decades or so. ...maybe they did this on purpose because they thought they could sue Apple and get big $$$.
bruinsrme
Apr 6, 08:04 AM
Medicare fraud
Defense spending
Reducing the ridiculous layers of federal, state and local government
Corporate and farm subsidies
Welfare fraud
That's a good start.
Defense spending. Lots of room there
Layers look at the layers just to get a bill passed
Subsidies lots of fraud in these two categories
Welfare it's sickening. I have relatives that are milking the system in so many ways. One is a contractor, no longer allowed to do anything on our house, regardless of the miniscual discount that is offered.
Stop the hand outs.
Defense spending
Reducing the ridiculous layers of federal, state and local government
Corporate and farm subsidies
Welfare fraud
That's a good start.
Defense spending. Lots of room there
Layers look at the layers just to get a bill passed
Subsidies lots of fraud in these two categories
Welfare it's sickening. I have relatives that are milking the system in so many ways. One is a contractor, no longer allowed to do anything on our house, regardless of the miniscual discount that is offered.
Stop the hand outs.
MacRumors
Jan 4, 09:50 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2011/01/04/garmin-streetpilot-debuts-in-app-store/)
Several months ago, we noted (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/10/27/garmin-considering-developing-gps-applications-for-ios/) that major GPS company Garmin was considering developing iOS applications after abandoning its partnership with ASUS to produce Garmin-branded phones, and it now appears that Garmin has followed through on those plans.
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/01/04/104917-garmin_streetpilot.jpg

a lack rose tattoo design
more...

tags: photography lack white

Black and white roses added to
Several months ago, we noted (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/10/27/garmin-considering-developing-gps-applications-for-ios/) that major GPS company Garmin was considering developing iOS applications after abandoning its partnership with ASUS to produce Garmin-branded phones, and it now appears that Garmin has followed through on those plans.
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2011/01/04/104917-garmin_streetpilot.jpg
MacRumorUser
Mar 25, 01:39 AM
The fact NO site has seemingly reviewed any of UBI's release is very suspicious about their quality.
Is there a review Embargo in place I wonder?
Is there a review Embargo in place I wonder?
more...
macinside
Apr 18, 05:32 PM
There was a study a bit ago that showed that complexity drastically reduced participation in altruistic activities, while simplicity -- especially exact instructions on how to participate -- drastically increased participation.
I think that's applies here. Using a Mac is so simple, generally speaking, that the folding@home pages seem obtuse in comparison. The pages are all ugly, and instructions are unclear, and files seem to be missing that instruction pages reference.
To increase participation I recommend that a very clear communicator make a new thread (perhaps a sticky) with *dead simple* step by step instructions w/screenshots on how to install and turn it on (circa 2010). Maybe even a screen flow that just shows exactly how to it, hosted on a service with crystal clear video like vimeo.com. Get our mirror neurons goin', yaknow?
Case in point, I'm having my own issues. Where exactly is the screen saver? On http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/OSX/OSX.html, it talks about it, and say to grab it off the download page, but I just can't find it. Makes me feel dumb, which is hardly what you want in a social endeavor.
Beyond my notebooks, I also have 2 8 Core Mac Pro's I'd like to put into the game, but I really only want the processor power being used when they're idle. I need that power to myself at the other times. Screen saver or idle time processing is perfect.
Second, I did install just the basic install of http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/Folding@home-OSX10.5-6.29.3.pkg.zip in the meantime. Activated the client in System Preferences, and hit the enable button. When does this thing activate? It's not showing any activity in Activity Monitor yet. I guess maybe this does idle time processing w/o any visual feedback?
I think that's applies here. Using a Mac is so simple, generally speaking, that the folding@home pages seem obtuse in comparison. The pages are all ugly, and instructions are unclear, and files seem to be missing that instruction pages reference.
To increase participation I recommend that a very clear communicator make a new thread (perhaps a sticky) with *dead simple* step by step instructions w/screenshots on how to install and turn it on (circa 2010). Maybe even a screen flow that just shows exactly how to it, hosted on a service with crystal clear video like vimeo.com. Get our mirror neurons goin', yaknow?
Case in point, I'm having my own issues. Where exactly is the screen saver? On http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/OSX/OSX.html, it talks about it, and say to grab it off the download page, but I just can't find it. Makes me feel dumb, which is hardly what you want in a social endeavor.
Beyond my notebooks, I also have 2 8 Core Mac Pro's I'd like to put into the game, but I really only want the processor power being used when they're idle. I need that power to myself at the other times. Screen saver or idle time processing is perfect.
Second, I did install just the basic install of http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/Folding@home-OSX10.5-6.29.3.pkg.zip in the meantime. Activated the client in System Preferences, and hit the enable button. When does this thing activate? It's not showing any activity in Activity Monitor yet. I guess maybe this does idle time processing w/o any visual feedback?
marksman
Mar 23, 02:07 PM
If the goal of Apple software is to sell Apple hardware, wouldn't it make more sense to give the airplay licenses away rather than trying to sell them?
more...

Blue roses, for instance,

Tattoos For Black Girls. Dark tattoos are. Girls; Dark tattoos are. Girls. Poncho. Jan 15, 08:22 AM. What#39;s the Apple keynote speech?
more...

tatoos for the back attention

Tags: tattoo girl rose
more...

Butterfly, Scorpio, Rose Black

lack rose tattoo .
more...

Red Rose Tattoo Skulls Bones

Red rose tattoos on girl#39;s
more...

lack and white rose tattoos

The Black Rose Tattoo:
more...

BLACK AND WHITE DRAGON TATTOOS

rose skull tattoo. Girls White
.jpg)
hip tattoos for girls
more...
crisss1205
Dec 28, 12:35 PM
http://consumerist.com/2009/12/att-customer-service-new-york-city-is-not-ready-for-the-iphone.html
A call from .........]AT&T, you're an embarrassment.[/B] Apple had better make sure this exclusivity ends next year. This is about as ridiculous as it can get.
This is old news I have been trying for over a month and a half to look at iPhone prices on AT&T's website and have had the same thing.
A call from .........]AT&T, you're an embarrassment.[/B] Apple had better make sure this exclusivity ends next year. This is about as ridiculous as it can get.
This is old news I have been trying for over a month and a half to look at iPhone prices on AT&T's website and have had the same thing.
peharri
Aug 15, 10:58 AM
WOW! the evidence youve accumulated is astounding:confused::rolleyes:
No advertising=more sales:confused: :eek:
Want to quote where I said that? Perhaps you and the ready2switch can find a set of words in my comment that actually mean that. I can't. Not even in the parts you quoted.
What I've said are:
- Sales would be higher now than six months ago regardless of what advertising Apple did. No advertising, bad advertising, good advertising. The fact is that Apple's PowerPC line was Osbourned. People were waiting for Intel Macs. They weren't about to buy machines Steve Jobs was telling the world were obsolete.
- Apple's current advertising is bad. It insults its current target audience. If Apple wasn't insulting its target audience, sales would be higher.
It's easy. It's also blatantly obvious.
Why are you pushing your opnions as fact?....
I agree with ready2switch below me
I don't have an opinion on what an opnion is. If you meant "opinion" though, I suggest you avoid any further posting. After all, you wouldn't want to express your opinions would you? Doing so would be "pushing" them as facts, right?
No advertising=more sales:confused: :eek:
Want to quote where I said that? Perhaps you and the ready2switch can find a set of words in my comment that actually mean that. I can't. Not even in the parts you quoted.
What I've said are:
- Sales would be higher now than six months ago regardless of what advertising Apple did. No advertising, bad advertising, good advertising. The fact is that Apple's PowerPC line was Osbourned. People were waiting for Intel Macs. They weren't about to buy machines Steve Jobs was telling the world were obsolete.
- Apple's current advertising is bad. It insults its current target audience. If Apple wasn't insulting its target audience, sales would be higher.
It's easy. It's also blatantly obvious.
Why are you pushing your opnions as fact?....
I agree with ready2switch below me
I don't have an opinion on what an opnion is. If you meant "opinion" though, I suggest you avoid any further posting. After all, you wouldn't want to express your opinions would you? Doing so would be "pushing" them as facts, right?
more...
zelmo
May 25, 11:57 AM
Thanks! Very cool widget. Now all I need is a folding farm, or at least a computer that will fold faster. My 1.33GHz PB (not running 24/7, more like 18/5) and 800MHz iMac aren't exactly tearing through the WU's.
whooleytoo
Sep 27, 03:40 PM
So should Apple not have been granted any of their trademarks for use of the word "Apple?"
Well, bear in mind they were sued (successfully, the first time around) for using that! ;)
I'm more concerned with trademark names of products rather than companies, given that each company could have dozens of products, hence there is much greater potential for contention over product trademarks than company trademarks.
Honestly, I don't have much problem where company or product trademarks are generic terms not directly associated with their respective industries, for instance Apple Computers ("Elephant Cars", "Earthquake Chocolates" etc..) The potential for name contention there isn't that great.
But when companies attempt trademark generic terms which have relevance in that specific domain - such as "pod" for a portable device for storing and carrying digital media, the likelihood for contention over names skyrockets.
I don't really have much sympathy for any company who wants to leverage familiarity/phonetic similarity with everyday words, but then in turn fights to have exclusive rights to phonetic variations of it.
Well, bear in mind they were sued (successfully, the first time around) for using that! ;)
I'm more concerned with trademark names of products rather than companies, given that each company could have dozens of products, hence there is much greater potential for contention over product trademarks than company trademarks.
Honestly, I don't have much problem where company or product trademarks are generic terms not directly associated with their respective industries, for instance Apple Computers ("Elephant Cars", "Earthquake Chocolates" etc..) The potential for name contention there isn't that great.
But when companies attempt trademark generic terms which have relevance in that specific domain - such as "pod" for a portable device for storing and carrying digital media, the likelihood for contention over names skyrockets.
I don't really have much sympathy for any company who wants to leverage familiarity/phonetic similarity with everyday words, but then in turn fights to have exclusive rights to phonetic variations of it.
more...
GregA2
Nov 11, 02:26 AM
That sucks Justin Long isn't going to be in the ads anymore. I hope they don't stop them altogether- I was looking forward to some really good ones once Zune and Vista get here... :D
fourthtunz
Feb 19, 05:19 PM
You know how you can turn your iPhone onto airplane mode? Most likely, especially with such a hot topic as this, you will be able to turn your RFID on and off, because as you remember, you are in control here. Phones also tend to be customizable. Right now based on size only (hd). Once again, with a topic like this, you will most likely be able to request no RFID in the phone.
Or, imagine this, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Simply go buy a different phone. The problem has been solved. Amazing.
If you're worried about the government know that you're a gaining weight because the pants your buying are larger than the last ones, maybe you should look at your self esteem, or maybe you have a weight problem. Try spending less time complaining on the internet and more time on your feet.
Either way, let them put RFID tags in. Lets advance to Japans level of technology. We here in America are so closed minded and paranoid. If you're so paraniod about the government knowing that you're buying things you shouldn't, don't bring your phone in the store, or don't do illegal activities.
And lastly, some of you are worried that advertisers will target people. As human beings (real live) we have freedom of choice. We don't have to listen to ads, and we can buy what we want. Develop a little self control. I don't want to see tampon ads when I am watching the game with the guys, it would be great if we had audience only oriented ads.
So, quit buying dirty magazines, bomb making materials, listening to every ad, and thinking that we have it all here in America, and then maybe embrace that Apple thinks like a human being a little more than the average corperation.
Cheers Apple heads!
How much does the Gov pay you?
That was a very well written first post!
Am I worried about the Gov knowing that I've gained weight?
Um no.
Read some history about our country.
Read the history about our Federal Reserve(Private Bank)
Read the patriot act.
I am not worried about a thing. Go ahead, keep believing what you want.
I can see where our country is headed, I will not trust our government for anything.
Or, imagine this, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Simply go buy a different phone. The problem has been solved. Amazing.
If you're worried about the government know that you're a gaining weight because the pants your buying are larger than the last ones, maybe you should look at your self esteem, or maybe you have a weight problem. Try spending less time complaining on the internet and more time on your feet.
Either way, let them put RFID tags in. Lets advance to Japans level of technology. We here in America are so closed minded and paranoid. If you're so paraniod about the government knowing that you're buying things you shouldn't, don't bring your phone in the store, or don't do illegal activities.
And lastly, some of you are worried that advertisers will target people. As human beings (real live) we have freedom of choice. We don't have to listen to ads, and we can buy what we want. Develop a little self control. I don't want to see tampon ads when I am watching the game with the guys, it would be great if we had audience only oriented ads.
So, quit buying dirty magazines, bomb making materials, listening to every ad, and thinking that we have it all here in America, and then maybe embrace that Apple thinks like a human being a little more than the average corperation.
Cheers Apple heads!
How much does the Gov pay you?
That was a very well written first post!
Am I worried about the Gov knowing that I've gained weight?
Um no.
Read some history about our country.
Read the history about our Federal Reserve(Private Bank)
Read the patriot act.
I am not worried about a thing. Go ahead, keep believing what you want.
I can see where our country is headed, I will not trust our government for anything.
more...

JasperJanssen
May 1, 04:35 PM
Hmm... Plastic parts from China. He probably pays $5 max for each kit. Very good profit I would say.
They are neither plastic, nor remotely that cheap. The Home button is a single piece of plastic and thus pretty well meaningless (although still a complex mold with multiple colours of plastic), but the rear plate is a large piece of plastic with metal molded in, a substantial piece of glass which is printed and painted, and has a hole in it, and then there's the metal foil backing, the glass camera lens with its metal trim, the flash led diffuser, and some other bits and pieces. Whole thing considered, it's no wonder they sell for around $10 ish.
The front is a whole other kettle of fish. Not only the piece of painted glass with some holes in, but also a digitiser and a very-high-res LCD glued on. These still sell for around $70ish, even today, let alone when they were rare.
They are neither plastic, nor remotely that cheap. The Home button is a single piece of plastic and thus pretty well meaningless (although still a complex mold with multiple colours of plastic), but the rear plate is a large piece of plastic with metal molded in, a substantial piece of glass which is printed and painted, and has a hole in it, and then there's the metal foil backing, the glass camera lens with its metal trim, the flash led diffuser, and some other bits and pieces. Whole thing considered, it's no wonder they sell for around $10 ish.
The front is a whole other kettle of fish. Not only the piece of painted glass with some holes in, but also a digitiser and a very-high-res LCD glued on. These still sell for around $70ish, even today, let alone when they were rare.
jacobtaylor1987
Mar 28, 05:49 PM
"Oh, one more thing..we've got a preview of the new iOS5, and I'd love to show it to you."
more...
2 Replies
Apr 19, 11:25 AM
Looks valid to me, and makes more sense than their current implementation.
Currently, when you're closing one of the MANY programs that are usually open, you can only interact with the small strip across the bottom of the phone.
Four icons at a time...you HAVE to scroll... and you can't use landscape mode to see more icons at a time either.
(Really a poor UI design as it doesn't make efficient use of the limited available screen space.)
Hopefully, we'll see this soon... (as well as the option for a landscape homescreen..... with active icons. :-/
Currently, when you're closing one of the MANY programs that are usually open, you can only interact with the small strip across the bottom of the phone.
Four icons at a time...you HAVE to scroll... and you can't use landscape mode to see more icons at a time either.
(Really a poor UI design as it doesn't make efficient use of the limited available screen space.)
Hopefully, we'll see this soon... (as well as the option for a landscape homescreen..... with active icons. :-/
mccoma
Sep 27, 01:42 AM
gotta love Wired's stellar reporting and fact checking. I swear, page hit advertising is going to be the end of good journalism.
more...

Tomorrow
Mar 30, 08:33 AM
$3.52 this morning.
parenthesis
Oct 26, 03:36 PM
I loved Cool Edit back in the day (when it wasn't an Adobe property). I might have to check this out.
.jpg)
tablo13
Nov 14, 10:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)
So 2011 will be like 1984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8
Or more like the book Little Brother by Cory Doctorow.
So 2011 will be like 1984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8
Or more like the book Little Brother by Cory Doctorow.
CarlisleUnited
Dec 18, 01:56 PM
I sincerely hope not. I'd rather have anything other than a poor metal track being played continually on the radio over the festive period.
Even a poor cover of a poor Miley Cyrus song?
Even a poor cover of a poor Miley Cyrus song?
charlituna
Mar 4, 09:22 PM
Here we go kids!! Expect lot's of grandstanding and some real knee jerk legislation cause this IS the year to gear up for the big election. I wish someone would inform people that it's their responsibility to be informed consumers AND parents. My kid racked up $380 in cell downloads in one month. I didn't need my senator to step in. I took away her phone for a month, blocked her ability to purchase ANYTHING on it, and worked out the bill with my provider (AT&T) who practically wiped it all away. This is just going to burden us with more laws and subsequently, more taxes in the form of direct taxation of products, indirect taxes by way of price hikes due to a rise in business tax, or BOTH.
All well and good but why didn't you make her pay the full bill herself? Gets the point across real good when that money you were saving up goes bye bye. Or half your allowance for a very long time
All well and good but why didn't you make her pay the full bill herself? Gets the point across real good when that money you were saving up goes bye bye. Or half your allowance for a very long time
wpotere
Apr 12, 01:05 PM
No matter how much you polish a turd, it's still a turd.
Have you actually used it or are you just talking crap? The new version is actually really good and in my opinion BETTER than Apples product.
Have you actually used it or are you just talking crap? The new version is actually really good and in my opinion BETTER than Apples product.
PlipPlop
Apr 21, 06:07 PM
Yeah... a slide out Joy stick! :rolleyes:
Give me 2 of them and maybe we can talk.
Give me 2 of them and maybe we can talk.
drlunanerd
Sep 25, 11:16 AM
Looks like an excellent update. By the looks of things they've reduced the system requirements, which may mean it will be less of a resource hog.
The MacBook is now officially supported, along with older PowerPC models too.
Kudos to Apple for making it a free update, although there'd have justifiably been an outcry if it wasn't.
Edit: RAW support updates also point to OS X 10.4.8 being released this week too (as per previous poster's observation).
The MacBook is now officially supported, along with older PowerPC models too.
Kudos to Apple for making it a free update, although there'd have justifiably been an outcry if it wasn't.
Edit: RAW support updates also point to OS X 10.4.8 being released this week too (as per previous poster's observation).


No comments:
Post a Comment