chanduv23
10-08 02:41 PM
:mad:
:( - hope it gets reconfirmed
:( - hope it gets reconfirmed
wallpaper cat in lack and white image
lelica32
05-21 02:01 PM
I see just April 15, I tryed with IE, Mozilla, Opera.
meridiani.planum
02-15 11:49 AM
Some American citizens/anti-immigrant will tell you you are taking their jobs with your H1.
For them, this is their country. All jobs should go to them rather than a foreigner like you.
What is your response for that ?
they are not capable of doing those jobs. ANyone who has gone through a labor certification has documented, government verifiable/auditable proof of this.
For them, this is their country. All jobs should go to them rather than a foreigner like you.
What is your response for that ?
they are not capable of doing those jobs. ANyone who has gone through a labor certification has documented, government verifiable/auditable proof of this.
2011 Black and White Cat
youfool
07-20 01:30 PM
PD EB2 July 2003
Reached on July2nd
Reached on July2nd
more...
av2004
07-02 10:45 AM
Friends, I read this article which is an opinion about President's immigration speech and loved most of it (coz it was quite unbiased and straightfoward opinion): Obama Fails to Square the Illegal-Immigration Circle - Victor Davis Hanson - The Corner on National Review Online (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MWFlN2I4OTJmMWMxYzQwNzg5MDFiZmQxNmVkZTI2MWQ=)
immigrationmatters30
09-23 12:46 PM
Yes it is at 1PM EST. Do you guys know if they are done with the horse bill? If they are done then it should just say 5882 and nurse bill. But schedule shows that they wil continue to work on horse bill as well...
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html
The calendar says 1:00 PM EST.
http://judiciary.house.gov/hearings/calendar.html
The calendar says 1:00 PM EST.
more...
swami_nag
02-15 05:09 PM
Folks,
I've been hearing a lot of banter about the L1 Vs H1-B the fact remains both these categories are badly abused, it doesnt matter who is the bigger evil. I would tend to agree that L1 has a worse abuse rate however.
The issue however is that these so called "high skilled" visas arent high skilled anymore. If you closely look at the people coming in I would bet a majority of them who came during the dot com era didnt even have basic engineering degrees , and a huge majority of those coming in now have these degrees but from institutions which are completely crappy, the college plays a big role in framing who you are and yeah people can argue "there are bright students" in these colleges, but they are just plain minimal at best. So bottomline a majority of these are not highly skilled or talented people.
When the H1-B was conceived it was supposed to pave its way really skilled engineers with excellent credentials and it is not the case anymore, if you are going to tell me things like QA and Data Warehousing need mind boggling skills I think I can just have a good laugh at it. The local citizens are very much capable of executing on them. These jobs account for a huge majority of the software based jobs in the US, yes this is not the only category for H1-B jobs but software accounts for a big chunk.
I think of the H1-B visa as something analogous to getting into the best schools in India or the best schools out here, you cannot be crappy and get admitted to those schools, neither can you pay shit loads of money and get admitted, and this is what is happening. Consultants bringing in people from wherever charging them a huge sum of money filing for their H1-B and then looking out for a job for them, the only skill here is the consultants skill in finding the person a job :-). The new trend is the students with masters degrees from here getting placed in a job which is completely against what they specialised in, if a student after his/her masters doesnt find a job its either his badluck or he just wasnt good enough even after a masters and just isnt ineligible and these consultants have found a way to place the inept students as well which sucks at best. I do not agree with the notion of good consultants, every consultant abuses the employment based Visa system, and I am for a cap on L1-B visa's or a limit thats decided by the number of employees a firm employs in the US.
So unless USCIS see's a way of somehow screening out the best and the brightest and weed out these consultants so only the best and brightest are brought in, I can vouch that a majority of the American Technology companies (Cisco, Intel, Microsoft, Qualcomm etal) do not abuse the H1-B system neither do they undercut wages. In the end they fail to meet their hiring needs since the system is flooded with so may people who do not deserve to get in.
I've been hearing a lot of banter about the L1 Vs H1-B the fact remains both these categories are badly abused, it doesnt matter who is the bigger evil. I would tend to agree that L1 has a worse abuse rate however.
The issue however is that these so called "high skilled" visas arent high skilled anymore. If you closely look at the people coming in I would bet a majority of them who came during the dot com era didnt even have basic engineering degrees , and a huge majority of those coming in now have these degrees but from institutions which are completely crappy, the college plays a big role in framing who you are and yeah people can argue "there are bright students" in these colleges, but they are just plain minimal at best. So bottomline a majority of these are not highly skilled or talented people.
When the H1-B was conceived it was supposed to pave its way really skilled engineers with excellent credentials and it is not the case anymore, if you are going to tell me things like QA and Data Warehousing need mind boggling skills I think I can just have a good laugh at it. The local citizens are very much capable of executing on them. These jobs account for a huge majority of the software based jobs in the US, yes this is not the only category for H1-B jobs but software accounts for a big chunk.
I think of the H1-B visa as something analogous to getting into the best schools in India or the best schools out here, you cannot be crappy and get admitted to those schools, neither can you pay shit loads of money and get admitted, and this is what is happening. Consultants bringing in people from wherever charging them a huge sum of money filing for their H1-B and then looking out for a job for them, the only skill here is the consultants skill in finding the person a job :-). The new trend is the students with masters degrees from here getting placed in a job which is completely against what they specialised in, if a student after his/her masters doesnt find a job its either his badluck or he just wasnt good enough even after a masters and just isnt ineligible and these consultants have found a way to place the inept students as well which sucks at best. I do not agree with the notion of good consultants, every consultant abuses the employment based Visa system, and I am for a cap on L1-B visa's or a limit thats decided by the number of employees a firm employs in the US.
So unless USCIS see's a way of somehow screening out the best and the brightest and weed out these consultants so only the best and brightest are brought in, I can vouch that a majority of the American Technology companies (Cisco, Intel, Microsoft, Qualcomm etal) do not abuse the H1-B system neither do they undercut wages. In the end they fail to meet their hiring needs since the system is flooded with so may people who do not deserve to get in.
2010 Cat, Two Black-And-White
Maverick_2008
05-02 08:13 PM
For upper middle class, OBC shouldn't matter much since you can afford to enroll your children in private schools and have them work in private sector once they reach an appropriate age. If they are US citizens, they can come back to the US anytime for education and/or employment.
Talking of reservation and discrimination, what legal immigrants are facing in this country is not much different in my opinion. You can't even get your driver's license easily, let alone permanent residence. Most of us are here by choice even though we face all these issues in our daily life.
Maverick_2008
Yes my note was for humor.
But to answer questions :
out of all useful land , I guess africa has lots of uninhabited land!, so someone would not mind selling! Its not to offend anyone. I have great respect for africans, being aware that we come from them!
Me being an indian upper class guy, and this OBC thing going on back home, I dont think I belong to that country that much, where me/my children will be discreminated against!!!
So dont you guys now think we need our OWN country???
Talking of reservation and discrimination, what legal immigrants are facing in this country is not much different in my opinion. You can't even get your driver's license easily, let alone permanent residence. Most of us are here by choice even though we face all these issues in our daily life.
Maverick_2008
Yes my note was for humor.
But to answer questions :
out of all useful land , I guess africa has lots of uninhabited land!, so someone would not mind selling! Its not to offend anyone. I have great respect for africans, being aware that we come from them!
Me being an indian upper class guy, and this OBC thing going on back home, I dont think I belong to that country that much, where me/my children will be discreminated against!!!
So dont you guys now think we need our OWN country???
more...
laborchic
10-05 02:26 PM
Guys .. Guys.. Guys....
Check out other threads on IV.. Our efforts will definitely show some good results..
We have to make this event succesful..
Join up .. Take the poll..
Check out other threads on IV.. Our efforts will definitely show some good results..
We have to make this event succesful..
Join up .. Take the poll..
hair lack amp; white cat who
venky08
10-24 05:31 PM
no-it is something else....attitude of positive expectancy... ;)
often times i have noticed that the blissfully ignorant GC applicants come better off than rest of us- who act like chicken with the head cut off after every bad news!!! may be they dont worry too much and look at it from a whole another perspective...who knows...i wish i could be one of those, but i am too far in the game...damage is already done...:D
Yep, It is luck nothing else...
often times i have noticed that the blissfully ignorant GC applicants come better off than rest of us- who act like chicken with the head cut off after every bad news!!! may be they dont worry too much and look at it from a whole another perspective...who knows...i wish i could be one of those, but i am too far in the game...damage is already done...:D
Yep, It is luck nothing else...
more...
chanduv23
04-08 01:53 PM
What about non Indians? Will Indian govt welcome them to join the Indian workforce?
hot Black car white cat
chanduv23
04-08 01:53 PM
What about non Indians? Will Indian govt welcome them to join the Indian workforce?
more...
house lack and white on lack and
miguy
06-18 03:08 PM
My wife's H4 expires on Oct 1, 2007......We plan to file our I-485 by July 16, 2007.......I am sure it will take atleast 90 days to get her EAD.....whats her status between Oct1,2007 till the time EAD gets approved?......Will she be in valid status during that period?
tattoo lack and white cat with green
indyanguy
09-22 04:09 PM
Had called last time.. Called again.. Hope they stay long enough without recess to discuss this bill tomorrow !!!! :mad:
more...
pictures lack and white cat,
dhirajs98
06-28 04:30 PM
As per online status "Your response received on June 15th and processing resumed". If it's pending for couple more days, As per the rule i should get my $1000 back. Will my I-140 then thrown back in the normal (non-PP) queue?
How long USCIS tool to update the status online to show your RFE response has been received? I sent the response for RFE on June 7th and there is update about the case at all. No online status update either. God knows what they are doing with it. They are suppose to complete the case in 15 qorking days after they receive it.
How long USCIS tool to update the status online to show your RFE response has been received? I sent the response for RFE on June 7th and there is update about the case at all. No online status update either. God knows what they are doing with it. They are suppose to complete the case in 15 qorking days after they receive it.
dresses Black and White Cat Votive
gcseeker2002
12-06 12:00 PM
^^^^ bump ^^^^
^^^^ bump ^^^^
^^^^ bump ^^^^
more...
makeup Linda Kennedy Photography
PD_Dec2002
06-28 03:53 PM
Please ...let us agree on this ...will get an EAD even if i-140 is pending while 485 is filed correct??
Not quite. You will get an EAD ONLY if you filed form I-765 along with your I-485. Your I-140 has no bearing on your EAD.
Thanks,
Jayant
Not quite. You will get an EAD ONLY if you filed form I-765 along with your I-485. Your I-140 has no bearing on your EAD.
Thanks,
Jayant
girlfriend Black and white cat.
Macaca
08-12 11:28 AM
There were 1M+ EB GC applications as of March 2007 (when Ombudsman's report was written). There will be 1M additional applications by Aug 17 2007.
Lets assume a very conservative #: 1.4M by Aug 17. Then, 1.4M/140K = 10 years minimum.
Lets assume a very conservative #: 1.4M by Aug 17. Then, 1.4M/140K = 10 years minimum.
hairstyles Black on White Cat Outline
bluekayal
12-07 05:26 PM
So EAD is screwed for lots of people, in our case its the E-filed AP. Filed on July 12 and booked tickets to India on Dec 26th and no sign of AP. Looks like we'll have to postpone or cancel the ticket. Thanks to friendly IO in TSC we heard that the photos (sent later thru snail mail) were not attached to the applications...So on the IO's suggestion we sent off a 2nd batch of pics...
Well, I've got all my fingers crossed...but I kind a know there may not be sights of lush green fields and beautiful kayals--aka backwaters in my immediate future...urgh..
Well, I've got all my fingers crossed...but I kind a know there may not be sights of lush green fields and beautiful kayals--aka backwaters in my immediate future...urgh..
bkarnik
06-13 03:15 PM
More shocking information: (pg. 51 of the PDF document)
"For example, when employment-based visas are not used during the year they are authorized, they are lost and are not available for future use without special legislation. In FY 06, over 10,000 employment-based visas were lost, even though USCIS had an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 pending applications for employment-based green cards. Based on USCIS use of visa numbers as of May 2007, at present consumption rates approximately 40,000 visas will be lost in FY 07 without a dramatic increase in USCIS requests of visa numbers. As illustrated below, since 1994 there have been over 218,000 un-recaptured employment-based visas lost due to underutilization of the employment-based visas."
"For example, when employment-based visas are not used during the year they are authorized, they are lost and are not available for future use without special legislation. In FY 06, over 10,000 employment-based visas were lost, even though USCIS had an estimated 100,000 to 150,000 pending applications for employment-based green cards. Based on USCIS use of visa numbers as of May 2007, at present consumption rates approximately 40,000 visas will be lost in FY 07 without a dramatic increase in USCIS requests of visa numbers. As illustrated below, since 1994 there have been over 218,000 un-recaptured employment-based visas lost due to underutilization of the employment-based visas."
lazycis
12-31 02:33 PM
"If there is a God, He is infinitely incomprehensible, since, having, neither parts nor limits, He has no affinity to us. We are then incapable of knowing either what He is or if He is ... you must wager. It is not optional. You are embarked. Which will you choose then? Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager then without hesitation that he is."
Blaise Pascal
The chance is 50/50.
Blaise Pascal
The chance is 50/50.


No comments:
Post a Comment