gcwait2007
09-14 08:09 PM
My company sponsored my EB-3 with PD of Feb 2007 and the I-140 was approved in Feb 2009. Based on the pending I-140, I filed my I-485 (AOS) application in July 2007. My I-485 case is still pending.
In the meantime, my company had been kind enough to agree to re-sponsor me for EB-2 PERM which was filed in Sept 2008 and the related I-140 was approved in July 2009.
Both my pending I-1485 and recently approved EB-2 I-140 share the same A number, while the earlier approved I-140 EB-3 has a different A number.
I wrote a letter to USCIS requesting them to link my recently approved EB-2 I-140 to the pending I-485, in the place of EB-3 I-140 and also port the earlier PD.
Since there is no response for more than 2 months, I called USCIS call center today. The call center person advised me that I cannot make such a porting request unless the Visa Bulletin is current for that PD of EB-2. I was shocked to hear such message. Please advise whether the call center person is correct in her interpretation. Thanks in advance.
In the meantime, my company had been kind enough to agree to re-sponsor me for EB-2 PERM which was filed in Sept 2008 and the related I-140 was approved in July 2009.
Both my pending I-1485 and recently approved EB-2 I-140 share the same A number, while the earlier approved I-140 EB-3 has a different A number.
I wrote a letter to USCIS requesting them to link my recently approved EB-2 I-140 to the pending I-485, in the place of EB-3 I-140 and also port the earlier PD.
Since there is no response for more than 2 months, I called USCIS call center today. The call center person advised me that I cannot make such a porting request unless the Visa Bulletin is current for that PD of EB-2. I was shocked to hear such message. Please advise whether the call center person is correct in her interpretation. Thanks in advance.
wallpaper happy irthday greetings to rother. Muchbrother irthday brings to

Jaime
09-05 05:08 PM
Retrogression affects ALL countries. ROW EB3 has been retrogressed for some time.
Please be careful to not spread misconceptions about who is, or is not, affected.
Well, right now it is all "U" on the visa bulletin, you are right. But I assure you that come October and the following months there will be visas for our Egyptian friend and ROW.
Please be careful to not spread misconceptions about who is, or is not, affected.
Well, right now it is all "U" on the visa bulletin, you are right. But I assure you that come October and the following months there will be visas for our Egyptian friend and ROW.
cool_guy_onnet1
02-12 08:41 AM
No FP Yet, July 22nd Filer. I tried CSR # few times and finally got hold of someone who was kind -enough.
According to her, there are LOT OF PEOPLE in the same boat and she recieves this phone call more than any other queries.
She said, all she can do is to request Service center for FP status but here is the glitch, Request from CSR to Service Center takes 90 days to process and count another 90 days for the response to be read by CSR and issue a new FP.
Again, she kept saying that these are just numbers from top of her head and nothing is written on stone.
Hope this helps-
According to her, there are LOT OF PEOPLE in the same boat and she recieves this phone call more than any other queries.
She said, all she can do is to request Service center for FP status but here is the glitch, Request from CSR to Service Center takes 90 days to process and count another 90 days for the response to be read by CSR and issue a new FP.
Again, she kept saying that these are just numbers from top of her head and nothing is written on stone.
Hope this helps-
2011 irthday greetings cards for
Aah_GC
07-08 03:06 PM
Get your wife to use EAD (and hold off on H1 transfer) and wait for your GC card. Many congratulations to you and have a great future ahead..
more...
gova123
07-27 05:25 PM
Hi Guys:
One of the forum member AbhijitP has a signature that I could not understand. Can anyone give me a little bit more info on his signature.
"I-140: EB-2, approved as EB-3: pending resolution
Successor in Interest I-140: Pending"
Does it mean that his I-140 is approved under EB-2 or EB-3?
So if someone has applied under EB-2, how come it is approved as EB-3
Thanks
One of the forum member AbhijitP has a signature that I could not understand. Can anyone give me a little bit more info on his signature.
"I-140: EB-2, approved as EB-3: pending resolution
Successor in Interest I-140: Pending"
Does it mean that his I-140 is approved under EB-2 or EB-3?
So if someone has applied under EB-2, how come it is approved as EB-3
Thanks
485Mbe4001
10-24 01:08 PM
Are you sure it is 90 days, i think it is 180 days and above. Since visitor visa is 6 months max, most are not eligible to apply. After 9/11 my parents had to postpone their return by a month, we had a valid extension etc. My CPA told me that since i had filled out a sponsorship letter to support their visa application, it would create a hassle for my parents during reentry. I did not want to complicate things so i did not claim them.
My friend is a GC holder and he claims his parents as dependents when they stay for more than 180 days. He has had no issues so far. As far as i know, I have yet to see a case where people have run into issues for claiming parents as dependents.
I had applied for a ITIN for my parents about 4 years ago and I was able to claim them as dependents since they stayed in US for more than 90 days and additionally I was supporting their welfare and expenses. IRS did accept my application, but I can do this only in the year they are physically here.
Check Pub 501 page 14 onwards....the key is you need an ITIN # for them....also see page 19, where it says non-resident parents can apply for ITIN, if not eligible for SSN
I have couple of friends who have claimed like this....
if this is the first time you are applying, then you will need to file a paper copy of your taxes and send to IRS Phily and then they will process your taxes for next year....
My friend is a GC holder and he claims his parents as dependents when they stay for more than 180 days. He has had no issues so far. As far as i know, I have yet to see a case where people have run into issues for claiming parents as dependents.
I had applied for a ITIN for my parents about 4 years ago and I was able to claim them as dependents since they stayed in US for more than 90 days and additionally I was supporting their welfare and expenses. IRS did accept my application, but I can do this only in the year they are physically here.
Check Pub 501 page 14 onwards....the key is you need an ITIN # for them....also see page 19, where it says non-resident parents can apply for ITIN, if not eligible for SSN
I have couple of friends who have claimed like this....
if this is the first time you are applying, then you will need to file a paper copy of your taxes and send to IRS Phily and then they will process your taxes for next year....
more...
pash02
05-25 07:50 AM
Sent
2010 Birthday Wishes For Your Dear
140jibjab
01-11 11:09 AM
Please be adviced If your wife is on H4 you cannot use your EAD.
The day you use ur EAD your wife will be out of Status.
If she becomes out of status, you will not be able to add her to your I485 application when the dates become current.
Thank You...
If my new wife arrives to US on H4 , can i start using EAD? Is this possible for me to be on EAD and my Wife on H4? Please advise.
The day you use ur EAD your wife will be out of Status.
If she becomes out of status, you will not be able to add her to your I485 application when the dates become current.
Thank You...
If my new wife arrives to US on H4 , can i start using EAD? Is this possible for me to be on EAD and my Wife on H4? Please advise.
more...
diptam
06-26 02:13 PM
Is that what you meant ?
If yes - then i try doing that every time i go for H1B stamping... Talking as if you a temp worker going to US for helping with some extra work ...
That gives the consular officer a comfort feeling probably !
Agreed. As per my understanding, "consulting" as per the bill's definition is:
1. You are working at another employer's location (or client location)
AND
2. You report to someone at the other employer's location (i.e. you report to someone in the client's office)
So technically, you can still "consult" if you claim that you are reporting to your "employer" and not to someone at the client's location. And the show will go on.
This is my understanding of the bill. There are a lot of people who disagree with my interpretation.
Remember though, the true danger from the bill is the removal of the clause that H1B and L visa holders need not prove to the visa office that they do not intend to immigrate to the US.
If yes - then i try doing that every time i go for H1B stamping... Talking as if you a temp worker going to US for helping with some extra work ...
That gives the consular officer a comfort feeling probably !
Agreed. As per my understanding, "consulting" as per the bill's definition is:
1. You are working at another employer's location (or client location)
AND
2. You report to someone at the other employer's location (i.e. you report to someone in the client's office)
So technically, you can still "consult" if you claim that you are reporting to your "employer" and not to someone at the client's location. And the show will go on.
This is my understanding of the bill. There are a lot of people who disagree with my interpretation.
Remember though, the true danger from the bill is the removal of the clause that H1B and L visa holders need not prove to the visa office that they do not intend to immigrate to the US.
hair 123 irthday greetings for

DSLStart
10-08 04:57 PM
Best part of Indian EPF scheme you can withdraw 100% if you quit job or if you are in transition. So no retirement age restriction if somone wants money ;)
In US the nice thing about SSA is unemployment and disability security.
But 10 years is a long time to wait on a temporary visa to get your social security back.. There were some discussions to reduce this to 3 years but that talk is dead now.
In India, the best part is 100% compulsory employer contribution. But
Indian PF sucks with rising inflation and lack of accountability.
And we all know how the employers would "Package" their "contribution".
This latest development will sting Indian origin GC holders and US citizens who go back to work in India and MNC employees working abroad.
In US the nice thing about SSA is unemployment and disability security.
But 10 years is a long time to wait on a temporary visa to get your social security back.. There were some discussions to reduce this to 3 years but that talk is dead now.
In India, the best part is 100% compulsory employer contribution. But
Indian PF sucks with rising inflation and lack of accountability.
And we all know how the employers would "Package" their "contribution".
This latest development will sting Indian origin GC holders and US citizens who go back to work in India and MNC employees working abroad.
more...
GreenMe
06-17 04:16 PM
Hello Leo,
I am not a lawyer so don't take my word ... but this is what I have heard.
Labour thru PERM takes 45 to 60 days (considering company has to publish ad and stuff)...
You can file I-140 and I-485 only after your Labour is approved. And you can file them concurrently if the dates for India are current.
Regarding how long the dates will remain current, I don't think anyone would have the right answer. Atleast we know it is current till next bulletein comes in.
Regards,
GreenMe
I am not a lawyer so don't take my word ... but this is what I have heard.
Labour thru PERM takes 45 to 60 days (considering company has to publish ad and stuff)...
You can file I-140 and I-485 only after your Labour is approved. And you can file them concurrently if the dates for India are current.
Regarding how long the dates will remain current, I don't think anyone would have the right answer. Atleast we know it is current till next bulletein comes in.
Regards,
GreenMe
hot lt;free irthday greeting cards
eblues
09-09 07:44 PM
Sorry for replying to myself & bumping the thread, but I've got more information on my case and I'd like to share just in case anyone else will end up in a similar situation in the future.
I've tried to speak with an immigration attorney and with the flight school staff. The attorney initially told me there should not be any problems as long as I maintain my J-1 status by performing research full-time at the university; then he went on to check more carefully and became less convinced because full-load (> 18 hours a week) flight training requires a M-1 visa. I do not know if I should ask him to look deeper into the matter, as my situation will definitely not qualify as full load training (2-3 hours a week tops).
On the other hand, the flight school staff contacted TSA people and talked with the Department of State. The TSA told that they are OK with my training as long as I get the appropriate clearance, which I did; the Department of State (as I have already states) basically said that if I'm legally in the country and the TSA is cool with it then I can train. I've also come to understand that I will not attend any formal classes (I will self-study the theoretical notions required) and that my practical training will amount to 2-3 hours a week at most.
My understanding of the subject is that I would not be eligible for a M-1 visa, as in any case I will not be busy with flight training all the time. I also believe that were I to start flying this would not intefere with my J-1 status as long as I comply with all the requirements (i.e. work full-time on the project I've come to the US for, otherwise not work on or off-campus nor move to another university, etc.). Finally, from what I've heard, there seems to be no regulation against pursuing flight training for people that are already legally in the US if this does not constitue some sort of professional training, and flying light sport aircraft is what is more or less as far as it gets from professional flying.
If anyone (whether an attorney or otherwise) notes any fallacy in my reasoning please let me know -- I still have time to stop and reconsider before committing to anything that might undermine my legal presence here in the US.
Thank you everyone,
Pierluigi
I've tried to speak with an immigration attorney and with the flight school staff. The attorney initially told me there should not be any problems as long as I maintain my J-1 status by performing research full-time at the university; then he went on to check more carefully and became less convinced because full-load (> 18 hours a week) flight training requires a M-1 visa. I do not know if I should ask him to look deeper into the matter, as my situation will definitely not qualify as full load training (2-3 hours a week tops).
On the other hand, the flight school staff contacted TSA people and talked with the Department of State. The TSA told that they are OK with my training as long as I get the appropriate clearance, which I did; the Department of State (as I have already states) basically said that if I'm legally in the country and the TSA is cool with it then I can train. I've also come to understand that I will not attend any formal classes (I will self-study the theoretical notions required) and that my practical training will amount to 2-3 hours a week at most.
My understanding of the subject is that I would not be eligible for a M-1 visa, as in any case I will not be busy with flight training all the time. I also believe that were I to start flying this would not intefere with my J-1 status as long as I comply with all the requirements (i.e. work full-time on the project I've come to the US for, otherwise not work on or off-campus nor move to another university, etc.). Finally, from what I've heard, there seems to be no regulation against pursuing flight training for people that are already legally in the US if this does not constitue some sort of professional training, and flying light sport aircraft is what is more or less as far as it gets from professional flying.
If anyone (whether an attorney or otherwise) notes any fallacy in my reasoning please let me know -- I still have time to stop and reconsider before committing to anything that might undermine my legal presence here in the US.
Thank you everyone,
Pierluigi
more...
house Best free irthday e greeting
Ramba
08-07 08:31 PM
Thanks. Yes, I am an Indian citizen.
Do I need NO status even if I were on the company's pay roll and getting paid in US dollars while working outside US?
---Once you leave US, you are not in any status, even if you have a visa stamp or H1 approval. If you are a H1B beneficiary, an US employer cannot put you in US payroll, if you are not physically present in US, working at the worklocation specified in LCA. The only exeption is if you go for a short vacation while working in US in H1B. You should be a US citizen or LPR, to be in US payroll without physically present in US.
In spite of their gracious offer to allow me to work remote, I do foresee a need where they would require my presence (a week or so at a time). Will B1 cover a visit to the company that I am getting paid for? Or, is there a type of B visa that allows me to visit the company and actually work for it?
---There is no such B visa that gives work authorization in US. The best advise is start a bussiness in India and do the service to your US client and incoive them and get the money in US doller. Wehn you are ready to come to US, request them to sponser H1; any way H1B quota is never going to fill.
If you/any others help me point to someone who can help me with IRS implications, that would be great. I don't expect this to be simple, thus my effort to do it the right way. The last thing I would want after spending 10 years here is to break the law.
My company and I will consult before signing on the dotted line. This is just ground work and thanks for all who take the time to answer these questions.
---
Do I need NO status even if I were on the company's pay roll and getting paid in US dollars while working outside US?
---Once you leave US, you are not in any status, even if you have a visa stamp or H1 approval. If you are a H1B beneficiary, an US employer cannot put you in US payroll, if you are not physically present in US, working at the worklocation specified in LCA. The only exeption is if you go for a short vacation while working in US in H1B. You should be a US citizen or LPR, to be in US payroll without physically present in US.
In spite of their gracious offer to allow me to work remote, I do foresee a need where they would require my presence (a week or so at a time). Will B1 cover a visit to the company that I am getting paid for? Or, is there a type of B visa that allows me to visit the company and actually work for it?
---There is no such B visa that gives work authorization in US. The best advise is start a bussiness in India and do the service to your US client and incoive them and get the money in US doller. Wehn you are ready to come to US, request them to sponser H1; any way H1B quota is never going to fill.
If you/any others help me point to someone who can help me with IRS implications, that would be great. I don't expect this to be simple, thus my effort to do it the right way. The last thing I would want after spending 10 years here is to break the law.
My company and I will consult before signing on the dotted line. This is just ground work and thanks for all who take the time to answer these questions.
---
tattoo irthday brother ,irthday
cox
October 23rd, 2005, 06:10 PM
I haven't heard from her recently, so I sent her a message this AM...
more...
pictures free irthday greetings e
chanduv23
09-23 08:15 PM
desinj a magazine circulated in NJ has featured IV. I will scan it and upload it
dresses 123 irthday greetings for rother. lt;free irthday greeting cards
TeddyKoochu
01-06 09:49 AM
All depends on spillover; it�s basically "NO SPILLOVER NO CHANGE". So just hoping for spillover to happen. I believe that the current bulletin might just come out late this week or early next week.
I don't know why I received reds for my post, anyways I respect the opinion of members, I understand that everybody is genuinely pained and suffering so it�s really not anger directed at anybody but the current situation in which we are. My humble opinion is that for any significant noteworthy movement the spillover must happen for individuals belonging to retrogressed countries. Spillover does not really harm anybody. I believe that it�s always better to have ones expectation set correctly rather than expect too much and be disappointed on the day the VB is released. The more the queue moves the better for all, CIR or Recapture are the two genuine solutions to alleviate everybody's pain and suffering. Good luck to all.
I have one observation that the time the Jan VB was released and the inventory report date kind of match up and since no numbers were available there was no change. If we are going to still have the incremental monthly or quarterly allocation for the retrogressed countries we will still see no change or really no significant change. The spillover for now is the anti-biotic or quick fix; it�s really not the cure or the remedy but it will give a great feeling to many who will get greened sooner and hope to others who are behind.
I don't know why I received reds for my post, anyways I respect the opinion of members, I understand that everybody is genuinely pained and suffering so it�s really not anger directed at anybody but the current situation in which we are. My humble opinion is that for any significant noteworthy movement the spillover must happen for individuals belonging to retrogressed countries. Spillover does not really harm anybody. I believe that it�s always better to have ones expectation set correctly rather than expect too much and be disappointed on the day the VB is released. The more the queue moves the better for all, CIR or Recapture are the two genuine solutions to alleviate everybody's pain and suffering. Good luck to all.
I have one observation that the time the Jan VB was released and the inventory report date kind of match up and since no numbers were available there was no change. If we are going to still have the incremental monthly or quarterly allocation for the retrogressed countries we will still see no change or really no significant change. The spillover for now is the anti-biotic or quick fix; it�s really not the cure or the remedy but it will give a great feeling to many who will get greened sooner and hope to others who are behind.
more...
makeup happy irthday greetings to rother. Happy Birthday Steve!
sayantan76
04-09 07:44 PM
I would answer this:
The best realtor is the one who can give you some money back from his commission...:)
Dont rely on the realtor to determine the home price for you. DO some homework...compare homes in the vicinity and come up with a price thats reasonable and mos importantly AFFORDABLE to you.
Is it legal for a licensed real estate agent to share commission with a non licensed person - like a buyer?
The best realtor is the one who can give you some money back from his commission...:)
Dont rely on the realtor to determine the home price for you. DO some homework...compare homes in the vicinity and come up with a price thats reasonable and mos importantly AFFORDABLE to you.
Is it legal for a licensed real estate agent to share commission with a non licensed person - like a buyer?
girlfriend happy irthday wishes for
LostInGCProcess
09-02 11:15 AM
as per IRS - OP is on EAD not on H1B. I-9 form is sent to the Pay-roll company , they report the legal work status to IRS. If you have filled EAD on I-9 your legal work status is EAD and not H1b.
OP does not have a F-1 EAD? clearly says he used AC21 whcih can only be used for employement based EAD.
Our admin dept gets alert from Pay roll company when EAD validity is close to expiration. When I use EAD, USCIS does not know if I am using EAD untill I file a EAD renewal. there is a question in EAD renewal form - current status - H1B or AOS pending.
If you want to remain on H1B- you have to go out of country - enter as h1B and also inform pay-roll about your new status.
you might want to double check this info from valid source :)
By far the best response to the question posted. I gave you a green. :)
OP does not have a F-1 EAD? clearly says he used AC21 whcih can only be used for employement based EAD.
Our admin dept gets alert from Pay roll company when EAD validity is close to expiration. When I use EAD, USCIS does not know if I am using EAD untill I file a EAD renewal. there is a question in EAD renewal form - current status - H1B or AOS pending.
If you want to remain on H1B- you have to go out of country - enter as h1B and also inform pay-roll about your new status.
you might want to double check this info from valid source :)
By far the best response to the question posted. I gave you a green. :)
hairstyles lt;irthday greetings card free
abhishek101
01-13 03:39 PM
There is nothing you can do going forward. You broke the law and as such the punishment is more severe than simple monetory fine.
If it is caught then they will cancel your H1b and will invalidate your GC.
If they do not you are good :D
If it is caught then they will cancel your H1b and will invalidate your GC.
If they do not you are good :D
amitga
08-27 01:22 PM
Had the visit. Went very pleasant but fruitless. Officer told me all checks except "background" check had been done. Beyond this, she refrained from making any usefull remark.:rolleyes:
BTW: It's a nice big and open facility!
How long you had to wait?
Where is the office located in Detroit?
BTW: It's a nice big and open facility!
How long you had to wait?
Where is the office located in Detroit?
dc2007
07-24 10:59 PM
I have seen in this form that lot of people have filed I-485 by themselves after having a hard-time with lawyers. I am also thinking to do the same. But I want to make sure if it is possible in my case.
Assuming my I-140 get approved (its filed but not approved yet), what documents I need to file I-485 by myself as per following facts:
1. I have just receipt no. of Labor and I-140.
2. All the documents are with my attorney which is hired by my employer.
Can I still file I-485 by myself ?
Thanks
Assuming my I-140 get approved (its filed but not approved yet), what documents I need to file I-485 by myself as per following facts:
1. I have just receipt no. of Labor and I-140.
2. All the documents are with my attorney which is hired by my employer.
Can I still file I-485 by myself ?
Thanks


No comments:
Post a Comment