
Sydde
Apr 12, 01:02 PM
WASPs.
That is a majority?
That is a majority?
AdamBOh3
Mar 24, 01:19 PM
I bet Apple keeps secrets better than the Government....
1. Touche
2. I knew a Steve Sparks from Alabama. Is this him?
1. Touche
2. I knew a Steve Sparks from Alabama. Is this him?
tvguru
Sep 25, 10:55 AM
The site has been updated!
http://www.apple.com/aperture/
Good eye! Thanks for the heads up.
http://www.apple.com/aperture/
Good eye! Thanks for the heads up.
PlipPlop
Apr 21, 01:22 PM
Are they adding some decent controls though?
more...
miniroll32
May 2, 12:50 PM
OK - supposing the White iPhone was slightly thicker.... So *********g what?

leekohler
May 5, 01:29 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/may/03/canada-stephen-harper-american-politics
This about sums it up
Canada, you're screwed. :(
This about sums it up
Canada, you're screwed. :(
more...
thejadedmonkey
Oct 6, 07:00 PM
Just get it over with and allow variable screen sizes.
Apple's had resolution independence implemented in one form or another since Tiger, but it was only available for developers. I wouldn't hold my breath that they suddenly decide, 4 years later, that it should be released.
Apple's had resolution independence implemented in one form or another since Tiger, but it was only available for developers. I wouldn't hold my breath that they suddenly decide, 4 years later, that it should be released.
Blakjack
Apr 21, 01:26 PM
Apple and its development community are joined at the hip.
more...
KeithPratt
Mar 28, 06:27 AM
NTSC video is 720x480 whether it's 4:3 or 16:9, it just uses a Pixel Aspect Ratio to squeeze or stretch it on playout to 640x480 (4:3) or 854x480 (16:9).
Stick with 720x480 (until it's time to output for the web, at which point a square PAR is sensible). In Streamclip you can specify the aspect ratio but I'm not sure whether this ends up as a tag in the transcoded video or not...
Stick with 720x480 (until it's time to output for the web, at which point a square PAR is sensible). In Streamclip you can specify the aspect ratio but I'm not sure whether this ends up as a tag in the transcoded video or not...
iAppTime
Nov 27, 06:22 PM
Why ?
If it were genuine White iPhone 4 parts, Apple most likely wants to investigate where they got leaked.
If it were genuine White iPhone 4 parts, Apple most likely wants to investigate where they got leaked.
more...

MacNut
Mar 26, 02:57 PM
http://www.connecticutgasprices.com/tax_info.aspx
According to this its 25 cents per gallon of gas, with an additional 5% sales tax....:confused:I thought it was higher than that.
Connecticut levies a 6% general sales or use tax on consumers, above the national median of 5.85%. In 2007 combined state and local general and selective sales tax collections were $1,424 per person, which ranked 21st highest nationally. Connecticut's gasoline tax stands at 41.9 cents per gallon (4th highest nationally), while its cigarette tax stands at $3.00 per pack of twenty (2nd highest). Additionally, Connecticut levies a 5.8% gross receipts earnings tax on oil companies, which is collected at wholesale. The sales tax was adopted in 1947, the gasoline tax in 1921 and the cigarette tax in 1935.
http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/17.html
According to this its 25 cents per gallon of gas, with an additional 5% sales tax....:confused:I thought it was higher than that.
Connecticut levies a 6% general sales or use tax on consumers, above the national median of 5.85%. In 2007 combined state and local general and selective sales tax collections were $1,424 per person, which ranked 21st highest nationally. Connecticut's gasoline tax stands at 41.9 cents per gallon (4th highest nationally), while its cigarette tax stands at $3.00 per pack of twenty (2nd highest). Additionally, Connecticut levies a 5.8% gross receipts earnings tax on oil companies, which is collected at wholesale. The sales tax was adopted in 1947, the gasoline tax in 1921 and the cigarette tax in 1935.
http://www.taxfoundation.org/research/topic/17.html
dethmaShine
Apr 21, 12:55 PM
I suspect the next iPhone, released in June, July, or September will be largely unchanged from the 4. An A5, sure. Maybe higher storage capacities. A "world" model, from what the Verizon exec said. Black or white. That's about it.
So what do you think it should have?
Will only a redesign make it a real new phone? I think its great that Apple has had three good designs now. Some build up is necessary, otherwise the public will only look for redesigns and nothing else.
It will be a new phone with updated specs and maybe the casing. That's all it needs.
So what do you think it should have?
Will only a redesign make it a real new phone? I think its great that Apple has had three good designs now. Some build up is necessary, otherwise the public will only look for redesigns and nothing else.
It will be a new phone with updated specs and maybe the casing. That's all it needs.
more...
Eduardo1971
Mar 28, 08:24 AM
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it is sad the Mac OS is mentioned after iOS.:(
djransom
Mar 25, 11:33 AM
This has to be one of the best deals I've seen. If I didn't insist on having 3G I would return my 3G iPad to AT&T and get his one instead and save $130.
more...
jav6454
Apr 13, 12:49 AM
My guess, tons of GSM models going to scalpers. Scalpers probably weren't surveyed. :p
As usual tons if ignorant remarks about CDMA in this thread.
CDMA as dead tech and slow? Not ignorant remark. However, GSM is also a dead tech.
As usual tons if ignorant remarks about CDMA in this thread.
CDMA as dead tech and slow? Not ignorant remark. However, GSM is also a dead tech.
HexMonkey
Jun 1, 03:23 AM
Then that means merging articles wherever possible, and as I suggested before, using the subcategories as filters rather than points of separation.
How does what I said mean we should merge articles whenever possible? :confused:
I don't think MediaWiki supports using categories as filters.
That way we can reduce article clutter while simultaneously avoiding arbitrary separation between different types of software simply because they don't fit the idea of being "Mac" like.
As for the CLI thing, it's all just software, we don't need to keep them separated by walls of steel from the "Mac" apps since they run native on a Mac.
If there's a "Terminal Commands" subcategory of a "Software" category, the CLI applications are still classed as software. By putting them in a subcategory, we are not hiding them, shunning them or separating them by "walls of steel". We are merely putting articles in logical groupings to make them easier to find. They are not split off because they're not "Mac-like".
A simpler category structure does not necessarily make the guides any simpler to use.
How does what I said mean we should merge articles whenever possible? :confused:
I don't think MediaWiki supports using categories as filters.
That way we can reduce article clutter while simultaneously avoiding arbitrary separation between different types of software simply because they don't fit the idea of being "Mac" like.
As for the CLI thing, it's all just software, we don't need to keep them separated by walls of steel from the "Mac" apps since they run native on a Mac.
If there's a "Terminal Commands" subcategory of a "Software" category, the CLI applications are still classed as software. By putting them in a subcategory, we are not hiding them, shunning them or separating them by "walls of steel". We are merely putting articles in logical groupings to make them easier to find. They are not split off because they're not "Mac-like".
A simpler category structure does not necessarily make the guides any simpler to use.
more...
Oli3000
Apr 20, 01:02 PM
Intel HD 3000 + Backlit Keyboard = two wastes of money.
Doesn't bother me. I am always a bit bemused by the obsession with the backlit keyboard - I know plenty of people that turn it off! As long as I can find one key in the dark, I can find every other - and the space bar is hard to miss!
Doesn't bother me. I am always a bit bemused by the obsession with the backlit keyboard - I know plenty of people that turn it off! As long as I can find one key in the dark, I can find every other - and the space bar is hard to miss!
jefhatfield
Sep 13, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MacCoaster
All correct. Make note, though, the desktop Hammer, which is supposed to be called the 8th generation Athlon, is obviously as stated, 8th generation.
that sounds cool and a decent processor to replace my old amd k6-2 running laptop...8th gen laptop is what i would want but i will wait it out like i do with all gear until it is reasonable to buy
remember when first pentium 3 1 ghz machines came out...3 grand...way too much for mid 2000?
not long after, prices practically crashed:p
All correct. Make note, though, the desktop Hammer, which is supposed to be called the 8th generation Athlon, is obviously as stated, 8th generation.
that sounds cool and a decent processor to replace my old amd k6-2 running laptop...8th gen laptop is what i would want but i will wait it out like i do with all gear until it is reasonable to buy
remember when first pentium 3 1 ghz machines came out...3 grand...way too much for mid 2000?
not long after, prices practically crashed:p

susannahyork
Sep 26, 02:11 AM
they came in something called a frypod. This was at burger king.
arkitect
Nov 6, 09:50 AM
Everytime I see this thread I read Apple's working on an RDF iPhone� and I think to myself� and that's new? ;)
voicegy
Jul 6, 02:07 AM
Don't know if she's getting the machine from an Apple Store, but if so, they're MORE than happy to perform the data transfer.:)
(there is, I believe, a reasonable cost involved)
(there is, I believe, a reasonable cost involved)
phineas
Apr 6, 01:36 PM
Are you people seriously applauding this? What a waste of our tax dollars!! I do contracts with the Navy every single day and I know that the technology that they have will not be benefited by the use of iPad/iPod/iPhone. The military does not offer wi-fi to their staff on base. Everything is hard wired and the conduit is sealed with a tamper proof silicon. The Government is very very particular about their SIPRnet (as they call it). Without wi-fi, what use is the iPad for the military other than to give them a little treat and waste our tax dollars? They already have mobile equipment in the vehicles that is far superior to Apple's products.
Because you do contracts for the Department of the Navy does not mean you know everything. Also there is more tax dollars going to waste every DAY with the current administration.
Trust me I served for 21 years and saw waste fraud and abuse, and there aint a dam thing your going to do, as soon as you blow the whistle your career is down the toilet and that is active duty personnel and the civilian workers also.
Because you do contracts for the Department of the Navy does not mean you know everything. Also there is more tax dollars going to waste every DAY with the current administration.
Trust me I served for 21 years and saw waste fraud and abuse, and there aint a dam thing your going to do, as soon as you blow the whistle your career is down the toilet and that is active duty personnel and the civilian workers also.
Bubba Satori
Apr 6, 01:06 PM
:( I am starting to think why do i have a mac, as i need so many dam adapters.
100 billion in the bank.
100 billion in the bank.
G5Unit
Apr 4, 07:46 PM
Kinda late but I like pages!


No comments:
Post a Comment